May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (graybeardtmm3, Der Ami, dukxdog, Birdog, AGS, azgreg), 949 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,843
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 59 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

My posts above declare that I see NRA in its totality as an important organization for protecting gun rights and that I have no more antipathy toward it than for the Jays when a lineup change sends scores south.

I don't think of my participation in Misfires as sharing anything with him--that is, in the true meaning of sharing equally with others--- because his malicious and filthy behaviour made it impossible for me to share anything with him.

I am obliged to inform members of his obsessively nasty behaviour when he deliberately misrepresents my life and activities. I take no pleasure from it. I prefer to not answer his daily twisting. The result is satisfactory.

To answer your post specifically: I don't participate with him on anything. I share nothing with him on Misfires. I have written to NRA twice to offer assistance. My nationality may have been the reason for no response.

How many other members contributed similarly to NRA to push back the antis? Anyone can send money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a helluva a good shot, Geo!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
That's a helluva a good shot, Geo!

Uh oh...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pity, isn't it, that it's a Republican board! I call them as I see them, Geo. I admire courage, reasonableness and kindness---it's the Canadian way; dull and boring, they say---and give credit where it's due. Your post was all of that, and sincere. An ornament in Misfires.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If there were aany diminishment of positive public opinion of the NRA, it was very short lived as evidenced by increased menbership as well as increased gun ownership since.

As far as your opinion that this is somehow a "Republican board" that is also wrong. There obviously is a significant number of contributors who are patriots, disgusted in the direction the country has taken, particularly under the aegis of the current administration. They are strongly conservative leaning, but cannot be defined as republican, misogynist, racist or whatever definition you choose to apply to discredit them.

Jim H.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, has a computer,and a liberal mindset,his absolute disregard of U.S. Immigration and gun laws confirms this ,he wont acknowledge the facts of catholic doctrine and accept this as being the primary difference in this first of the christian religions.when ever possible he denigrates the U.S and the U.S. military.even though he knows that the united states has done more for the world freedom than any country ever.he acts like the NRA is a monolithic organization who's members live under a bridge and have zero input on the direction of the organization.i say never give and inch to anti gunners and politicians.from reading your post i don't think you are pro gun even tho you might own guns. and i think you dislike the united states because of your country's limited influence in the world and having the live in the united states shadow.you seem to see what the current event is and take the side of what ever is anti American. mc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
....a large number of Americans think that it is worth restricting the rights of all of us to achieve that goal.

Bloomberg and Obama both are "right" from their limited point of view. We the rest of the people have every right to respectfully disagree. And clearly we do...Geo

Sure King thinks it's a hell-of-a shot, because he still 'wins'. 'We the rest of the people' don't stack up half as many in numbers as your 'large number of Americans'. Who taught 'em that, and do Americans have a 'right' to disagree with pc?

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're seeing something I don't see in Geo's post. I'm no apologist for his opinion, he's a conservative and I a liberal, both pro-gun. He answered a simple question in a reasonable and balanced way. I and Mike, both pro-gun, found no explanation for the question. His "shot" was an improvement on ours, Craig.

If there's a "winner" it's Geo, not me. Geo's accurate take on respective rural-urban numbers and mindsets should strengthen the notion that separating members on political grounds will end shooting sports as we know it within the foreseeable future. A right to disagree? Americans are as good at that as anyone. Look at the 17!

Sidelock
Sidelock

spot on evaluation of the harm keet the subversive is doing here and perhaps elsewhere:

"I wrote to the NRA and McCain some years ago with advice on how Canadians pushed back the antis. You may agree that's more pro-gun than being a fifth column within the NRA, deliberately dividing our shooting fraternity on political lines and making waste of all that money he brags of donating to NRA. "

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not discrediting anyone, Jim. Increasing NRA membership and gun ownership is not germane. The battlefront is public opinion as always. That's what brought the troops home from foreign engagements and led the country to honour its justice and liberty commitments to all Americans. Geo put his finger on the way it is.

"Republican board" only quoted Republican members who also recently confided here of voting while holding their noses. As for the direction the country has taken, there has been no disapproval here of the current Republican favourite except for mine. Disgust is no reason to do it the country again.

Page 33 of 59 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.