May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (AaronN, obsessed-with-doubles, buckstix, KY Jon, Guy Ave, 1 invisible), 350 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,809
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Millions of "lookers" walk through stores everyday and some buy something and probably most don't. Same as online.

Not everyone will be a buyer...... confused

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Maybe should be called "professional non doers club"

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tell you what, John. Go back to doing business totally by word of mouth, walk-ins, and by hard copy advertising, as in pre-Internet days, and your problems will likely go away. Then again, so will most of your business, if you're like most other internet advertising dealers I know of.

It's a cost of doing business worldwide. Get used to it.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of real good photos, real good descriptions of condition, flaws, measurements, will eliminate or attract . So many advertisers take crappy photos, no measurements, and scant descriptions. Good information in adds will eliminate much of John's exasperation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

John is not exasperated because customers are complaining about his descriptions, photos or details. John is exasperated because some guy(s) who likely cannot afford a really nice gun, but get a thrill out of imagining they one day might be able to, email him and ask him if he has the gun in question. Not because they call him and aggravate him when he is busy, but because they thoughtfully email him so that he can answer at his convenience.

Your little vent may just backfire on you, John. Or maybe I am the only one who would be reticent, now, to email you concerning one of your guns.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Not complaining about window shopping
As I mentioned
I am talking about the guys who contact you by internet has all kinds of questions , acts like he is interested and you ever hear from them again
I reconize several who do this on a regular basis
Some of us dealers compare notes and they do this with them.

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

The problem with virtual retail is the time it takes to communicate.
Might be better to create scripted videos covering all the info needed for a typical sale.

But that would be work.

When we had spec houses the same people would go through different houses and put on their little fake buyer act. Little did they know we owned more than a couple. Ask the right questions right away, and save yourself the grief.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I spent many years in retail, and I learned long ago that lookers sometimes turn into buyers. If there was a way to tell who or when you wouldn't have to put up with it; problem is, there is no way to know. It only took me one missed sale to learn that lesson; after that, I welcomed lookers with open arms.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've read results of research when they put sensors on shoppers' heads to measure the agitation in the 'fun zone' of the brain, in order to see if shopping was indeed fun. It turned out that the moment of ultimate satisfaction was the moment of making the decision to buy. What's more,people who decide to buy but changed their minds have MORE fun out of shopping than people who go ahead with the purchase, because they don't feel the guit and remorse about spending too much money!

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The old Britcom Fawlty Towers's character portrayed by John Cleese owned a hotel on the coast of England. His main complaint was that the guests interfered with his ability to run the hotel. Variations of this theme cross many vocations.

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.