April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (graybeardtmm3, eeb, jake van dyke), 428 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,478
Posts545,198
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good

plus, it sounds like you object to how i sell guns...what is that all about?

Ed, just because you aren't the one applying the Bondo, doesn't mean it's okay. Your ads and photos are misleading. There is not full disclosure. Your return policy is a joke, designed to allow you to keep the money, regardless of the satisfaction level of your customer. You take advantage of the inability of your customers to inspect the wares before opening their wallet. Clearly I'm not the only one here who thinks this.

For contrast, when I sell a gun, which isn't often, I tell the prospective buyer everything I know about the gun. Everything! Good and bad. Problems are highlighted, with accurate photos detailing the problem. No law says I have to. May not get top dollar. But I suspect no one here would object to my sales techniques.

That is what it is all about.

Edit to add:

We are all well aware that there are many others who use all or some of the techniques you use to sell guns for more money than the guns are worth. We see their ads. But none of them have the temerity to post here, imagining they would be welcomed with open arms.

Last edited by canvasback; 05/03/15 06:45 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

back, et al: so much sizzle...but no steak...

take a look at my current listings on gunbroker or gunsamerica. tell me where my ads and photos are dishonest?

and if one does not like my return policy , then one does not have to buy from me. at least i have a return policy. many others selling on the internet have a no return policy or even worse, they do not state a return policy in their ad.

and so long as my feedback stays in the 99% plus range, i will continue to do business the way i like.

Last edited by ed good; 05/03/15 09:36 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

"I will continue to business the way I like"

translation;
Ed Good will sell crap by long distance only-in a NON compliant business location with a dubious return policy

And threaten anyone,cowardly threaten at that who exposes it !

BUYER BEWARE

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are a lot of ignorant people that buy guns off the internet. Some will become enlightened and others will remain ignorant and be the victims of unscrupulous sellers again and again.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

more sizzle...wheres da beef?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder how many gun buyers with limited knowledge would change their feedback once they find out they paid too much for torch colored crap? They won't be able to come to your gun shop to complain because you don't have regular business hours as required by the ATF.

Think of how embarrassed that poor sap who bought your "DelGrego" refinished Parker will be when he shows it off to someone knowledgeable enough to tell him he got hosed.

We know you will continue to do business the way you like. Shysters and used car salesmen usually do. I like the title of this thread ed. It fits you perfectly.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

back, et al: so much sizzle...but no steak...

take a look at my current listings on gunbroker or gunsamerica. tell me where my ads and photos are dishonest?

and if one does not like my return policy , then one does not have to buy from me. at least i have a return policy. many others selling on the internet have a no return policy or even worse, they do not state a return policy in their ad.

and so long as my feedback stays in the 99% plus range, i will continue to do business the way i like.

You misunderstand me Ed. Do business however you want. Far be it for me to infringe upon your right to do so, provided you don't break laws.

But the essence of your OP was questioning the way you are treated here. I merely explained the whys and what to do about it if you wanted to change things. Quite simple.

Further protestations are useless until you change your business practices....or leave the forum.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I wonder how many gun buyers with limited knowledge would change their feedback once they find out they paid too much for torch colored crap? They won't be able to come to your gun shop to complain because you don't have regular business hours as required by the ATF.

Think of how embarrassed that poor sap who bought your "DelGrego" refinished Parker will be when he shows it off to someone knowledgeable enough to tell him he got hosed.

We know you will continue to do business the way you like. Shysters and used car salesmen usually do. I like the title of this thread ed. It fits you perfectly.

Keith,
as you know,like many forums Ed Good is banned from,he is banned from the Parker forum,for exactly what he is doing here-cowardly attack,lies to cover up other lies and butchering guns.
Those buyers,long distance,with no recourse when they find the colors are torched or the action is loose are his only market-thankfully its less and less every day.

Hillary For Prison 2018
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

wheres da beef?

Sidelock
Sidelock

more sizzle...wheres da beef?

Okay, you didn't help cordially run a case color degraded to torch thread up to twenty some pages, and there's no doubt, because of discussion, that a forearm can clamp all manner of looseness.

Weren't you the guy that said send a gun to Birmingham to sleeve? Is that a cost effective business model. Since you do no smithing, you should have pointed out that you knew someone that does, in your neck of the woods no less.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.