Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I 'gotta water table-it runs right under my house. I used to get my water from it. And I avoid all the half assed terminology by using a Darne (edit-or, a Mossberg 500) which, defies Englishman terminology almost as if by design.
Once upon a time, a group of nincompoops sat around and came up with descriptions of groups of fauna, like "a charm of humming birds" or "a murder of crows". Anyone who wants to tell me to use the term "bore" instead of "gauge", or vise versa, would get along great with that group, I presume.
I don't mean that in a good way.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Charlie7 and Hiatt in the same thread.

Folks are coming in from the hills......

Mike

Wonko Lives! Been gone so long I thought he'd been abducted an held hostage by the Taliban. Maybe forced to give up the fomula for his magic brew for stripping the stocks of all those AK-47s sent in for reconditioning before being returned to service. Glad to know W is OK; question is, is he on US soil? KBM

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here an architectural definition of water table: "A projecting ledge, molding, or stringcourse along the side of a building, designed to throw off rainwater."
And here's a pic that does looks a bit like a SxS receiver pointed down
http://www.stratfordhall.org/architect/water.htm

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wonko rides again! Good to know you still visit.

You can call anything anything as long as the rest know what you are talking about.
JMTC.

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin

Originally Posted By: JayCee
Wonko rides again! Good to know you still visit.

You can call anything anything as long as the rest know what you are talking about.

What do you mean by "anything"?~)

I'd be a bit leary, if I were y'all, about welcoming Victor Charlie of The Battle of Gadfly Hill back into this fold. I'm not y'all, of course!~)

thelatestinsanity
Sidelock
Sidelock

Its my firm conviction that if we could get Wonko and JJE involved in a six or seven page discussion of bore vs gauge, total world peace would follow!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.