Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now, that's the lift to start the day! I get more spontaneous laughs from Misfires, the ones that come as soon as words pass the eye, than from anywhere else. That's why I'm here, for the fun of it. One of my sayings---"If you're not having fun you're not living"---is usually finished by my one of my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, they've heard it so often.

It's the same here in Misfires. The pity is that a few take it so seriously. My clan knows the difference of fun, serious and lower base. Other members appear to be getting as much entertainment as I from the nonsense goings-on about who's the fairest in the land. There's always a grump or two who live miserable lives according to their hell-fire emanations of their world coming to blue ruin.

It's therapeutic for those who choose to ignore and live blithely in cocoons to avoid the stress of responses to their posts; I wish them well. Others may consider my posts to Misfires---therapeutic for me as well---as a public service to keep Doubleguns prosperous and attractive to advertisers. Jim of Arizona reminded us earlier of Misfires as most-popular venue.

As for mortality, I'm 83 and could go any day, as everyone here. I'm in debt to Misfires for helping to ward off dementia with a better range of challenges than crosswords or sudoku. I'll stick around for the fun. The little jumping jack craving attention is worth the price of admission alone, and I just got my hands on lighter 50cu/in scuba and new folding boat for my bush plane.

Life is always just beginning!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....The pity is that a few take it so seriously....

....I just got my hands on lighter 50cu/in scuba and new folding boat for my bush plane....

The pity is, is that so many of the issues and tactics are not so trivial. But hey, more good news despite all the Christian equivocating, '13 was a record and '14 tops it for terrorism numbers. Didn't jkerry just speechify us about the great news that the US and the world is a safer place. I forget the setting, but it was probably from his metaphorical carrier deck, during the 47% off sale. Oh the never forgotten little tidbits that laugh at crosswords or sudoku.

And you won't get the lab.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Low blow on the Lab, Craig! Young Jake with current Jake not in the tea leaves.

As for what's trivial, it's all in perception, how you see the game. The world is a safer place, militarily because of US prowess and politically from US sheltering within political prowess of the indispensable Angela Merkel.

Do you see fear in Merkel's eyes? She and Obama realize limits of bombs and diplomacy. Ukraine is within Russia's sphere of influence and Iran will get the bomb. US will elect a Republican president to save the world.

Ask Dave in NH and Jim in Arizona.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Do you see fear in Merkel's eyes? She and Obama realize limits of bombs and diplomacy....

I prefer to remind of johnny mavericks words from I believe yesterday, because he's a favorite of yours. The policies of this admin since '09 have made the US and the world a much more dangerous place.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Shafted again! The FCC voted to take control and impose rules for the Internet. The vote was along strict party lines with the 3 Democrats voting yes and the two Republicans voting no. This has the potential of putting a stranglehold on free speech on the Internet something Obama and the rest of the Libtards have wanted for long time. Oh and guess who appointed these Libtards to the FCC? Why no other then the Muslim occupant of the White house.
Jim

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/02/26/fcc-approves-net-neutrality-rules/24053057/

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It was a much more dangerous place during an Iraq war that claimed 4,500 US military alone, compared to what now---less than drownings in swimming pools?

Merkel and Obama have got it about right under the extremely complicated tribal and religious dynamics of a region neither fully understands---and their countries never did.

I think of Obama (golfer) like Drake finishing his game (bowler), watching the Spanish armada sail up the Channel, then defeating it as we'll do with IS over time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was a much more dangerous place during an Iraq war that claimed 4,500 US military alone, compared to what now---less than drownings in swimming pools?....

bo appointee, dir. of nat. intel. jimmy clapper, just yesterday said '14 was the deadliest, all caps, year since they've kept records. When did kerry say the all was rosie parrot the mantra, Tuesday. It's not so complicated and dynamic, as mentioned, nicely summarized by your buddy, the maverick.

You should've seen the fire in his eyes and heard the resolve in his voice. Ah, it's wasn't that great. You don't need scuba gear to cheer lead for these folks, just hold your nose and progress.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, you're not far off: have faith and pursue the unknown end.

Curious about "deadliest" last year. I'll look it up. It's about time getting them out of there. Let the tribes do the dying, not yours.

Don't like getting weepy personal: I believe five-times Brian has done enough pushing the actuarials.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Don't like getting weepy personal: I believe five-times Brian has done enough pushing the actuarials.

No, the little water works show doesn't help. You mistaken me for a rubber stamp war mongerer. If you're looking anyway, the Heritage Foundation just came out with it's '15 Index of US Military Strength. Splains in ways, very distasteful to the rubber stamp left, why folks who wear the uniform are stretched a little thin.

There are consequences, but hey we flip the it's okay to believe him for this issue switch, when he said he was going to fundamentally change the mil. Scorched earth tactic with a green and recycled twist, eh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Never thought of you as warmonger, ever, Craig. You take too much at face value, only puzzler to me. It's not bad to be trusting though and better than thinking everyone is a sob. We know only a speck of what's really going on, and that speck never gets the scrutiny it deserves, and never will.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.