March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gankai, Pat Gidley, Gerry Addison, Jtplumb), 791 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,012
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ROMAC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I saw one at a gun show recently. (20 gauge SXS with fully rifled barrels). This one had a pistol grip and single trigger with the scope package that was available.

I'm trying to get my mind around it. I have 3 dedicated slug guns already (Ithaca 37, Bennelli SBE and a Browning A-Bolt)so I use them and so do my sons.

Who here has had any experience with them? Do they regulate well with different brands of 20 gauge sabots? Is accuracy acceptable out to 125 yards? Are they dependable etc...

Other than the cool factor, are they a go to type of slug gun?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Personally I've never seen one but the theory is good.

BUT I'd never go with a single trigger in a double. With twin triggers it's a double barreled single shot. With a broken single it's just a tomato stake.

ROMAC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I thought the same thing about the trigger. Plus you could have each barrel regulated for a different zero with two triggers.

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually hunted with one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ROMAC
I thought the same thing about the trigger. Plus you could have each barrel regulated for a different zero with two triggers.

We're talking about a rifled SG.. Right? Why would you want different zero's on a 100-125 yd. gun? Personally I'd use 'Kentucky windage' for the long shots.

If they hit side by side and about a the muzzles width at 50 yds then you're styling.

But then again for that kind of cash I'd get a real DR. Even a BPE would work for most critters in NA.

ROMAC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Lots of areas in lower 48 are shotgun only. A BPE would be seldom used.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Really?

Move to a friendlier area! wink

If the barrels are rifled and you're shooting slugs then wouldn't it be a 20 bore rifle and not a SG?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I'd love to see you argue that point with anyone on Beacon Hill in my state of Massachusetts, where a strange new fascism of a "progressive" sort is quietly taking the reigns of government.

How about this one? Regular Deer season in MA. Shotguns only, pumps and semiautos allowed. You can also use a BP Muzzleloader rifle, as you still can, of course, during Muzzleloading, or Primitive Arms, season. HOWEVER: The muzzleloader used in both seasons must have one barrel ONLY.

So the guys with the pumps and semi's get to have multiple shots but the guy with the muzzleloader only gets to have one shot.

(Please, I'm begging everyone to refrain from posting about the speed with which the minutemen and Civil War guys could fire and load 3 times in a minute. Thank You.)

I would like someone, however, to give me the reasoning and/or point out the wisdom in THAT law as well.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Same Law in effect here in Colorado too. Bizarre in my mind, but I'm often left wondering what our Parks and Wildlife are thinking.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I own one and have hunted Deer and Hogs with same. The fixture at the muzzle used to regulate the barrels is a little different and needed my gunsmith to re-work it somewhat to get it to shoot both barrels to point of aim at 100 yards. At 50 yards right barrel shoots 1.5" right from center and left barrel 1.75" left of center. Not an issue at 100 yards. You are limited to one slug as suggested by CT shotgun. Winchester XRS20 2 3/4" 5/8 oz. 40 cal. sabot slugs. 1400 fps. They do the job. I had mine made with double triggers. Lots of fun to shoot.
Dave

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Krakow Kid
Mike, I'd love to see you argue that point with anyone on Beacon Hill in my state of Massachusetts, where a strange new fascism of a "progressive" sort is quietly taking the reigns of government.

How about this one? Regular Deer season in MA. Shotguns only, pumps and semiautos allowed. You can also use a BP Muzzleloader rifle, as you still can, of course, during Muzzleloading, or Primitive Arms, season. HOWEVER: The muzzleloader used in both seasons must have one barrel ONLY.

So the guys with the pumps and semi's get to have multiple shots but the guy with the muzzleloader only gets to have one shot.

(Please, I'm begging everyone to refrain from posting about the speed with which the minutemen and Civil War guys could fire and load 3 times in a minute. Thank You.)

I would like someone, however, to give me the reasoning and/or point out the wisdom in THAT law as well.

I would look into those 19th century Germanic O/U "flip barrel" muzzle loaders.
It would not be fast enough for second shot, but less reloading and whole lot more interesting than single barrel muzzle loader. At one time Cabela's carried reproductions of that design in their then paper catalogs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.