Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jawjadawg
I cock my head with a smirk and respond,"You sell damascus guns." He says, "That gun over there came from another store and has been in inventory since 2001." At which point I tell him I think what he has just said is completely ignorant and then say,"So that gun isn't safe to shoot but you're going to sell it anyway?"

What a bunch of unethical dumbasses.

You assume they'll sell the gun that's been in inventory for 14 years without disclosing the potential risk of shooting it with modern high-pressure loads. Unless you have evidence of this, there's no basis for accusing Cabela's of doing anything unethical.

Jay

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
I've never seen anyone measure wall thickness at a Cabela's store, and I've bought and traded a bunch of guns with them. I know they have people at Sidney who can do it. Elsewhere . . . some of the stores (maybe all?) do have bore and choke gauges now, which didn't used to be the case. A couple of the stores where I've dealt the most keep an "experts list", and will call another Gun Library to get an opinion from a more knowledgeable sxs guy.

Big box stores . . . you just never know. I once offered an SKB sxs to a Scheel's store, on trade. Guy took it back to a manager, came back, said "Sorry, we can't take that gun. It's not on our approved list." Pointed out to him that they had a couple Ithaca SKB's on their rack. "But yours doesn't say Ithaca," he said. He was correct. Mine was a Mitsui-marked gun. Same gun, same SKB manufacture, different importer. And for that matter, the Ithaca still in business at that time was no longer the same Ithaca that had imported the gun. But I figured it was pointless arguing with him since the importer name didn't match, which was the only important thing.

Same thing happened to me at the Scheels here in Bismarck. I wanted to trade a 12ga Brittany (Zabala made SxS with all the bells and whistles) that was imported by BSA, toward a rifle for my son. The clerk told me that he could not take the gun in trade. I asked why, and he said that it was from an unknown maker. I said, BSA or Zabala...his answer, both. He also said that there is no market for "old fashioned" SxS's anymore (this store BTW sells Stoeger Uplanders and CZ Ringnecks). What can you say to that? I also had problems with trying to trade in a Fabarm Classic Lion, but that's another story. So, if you if think Cabela's has problems, try Scheels once!

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Something seems strange on 1st post. Poster appears to be same Mr dawg who is on one of the collector sites all of the time. Checking for sale forum on that site I dont see where Mr dawg listed his 1894 A E for sale where there are plenty of his friends and cult of 10 guage aficianados looking for good guns. Why go asking for fair price at Cabelas before offering 1894 for sale to member friends on collectors site? Bad form as some would say on that site.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cabelas in Buda, Texas is advertising a nice KED-Grade 16-gauge with 30-inch Damascus barrels --

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Remington-Model-1900-in-16-gauge.cfm?gun_id=100520379

Actually now as I page down there are several Damascus barrel Remingtons for sale by various Cabelas stores.

Last edited by Researcher; 02/16/15 02:20 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is that Cabelas gun missing part of the forend iron where it meets the receiver ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Daryl Hallquist
Is that Cabelas gun missing part of the forend iron where it meets the receiver ?

Yes. Both sides. Strange because that's pretty hard to do.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.