Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gil, I looked for McIntosh and Trevallion's "Shotgun Technicana" book in that list before I made that post, and did not see it. That's why I made the comment, just trying to be helpful and suggest an excellent book. Not sure if I made a mistake or if it got added to the list afterward. That's why I didn't bother commenting on the reply from JohnfromUK.

In your small mind, I suppose you would think that is the moral equivalent of selling a house that, by your admission, still contained traces of an extremely hazardous substance. You did disclose that to the buyer, didn't you?

Thanks for yet another example of the dishonesty of Libtards. But then, you already knew my opinion of you. Keep flailing assh*le.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey fellas, look at this high morals son of a b*tch. This is how you do a Hazardous-Materials clean-up when you spill Mercury in a house...

You do a half-assed job and then sell it to some poor unsuspecting bastard so that their kids can become exposed to it.

Sleazy is as sleazy does.

GLS must have gotten exposed to it during the initial clean-up and it rotted his brain.

GLS post #387053 on 12/12/14 8:34 AM

Originally Posted By: GLS
Damascus, wonderful clock and barometer. I have a mahagony wheel barometer made by Fagioli of Clerkenwell that is an old family heirloom. Movers tilted it and spilled mercury all over the floor. My hazmat procedure to remove traces after clean-up was to eventually sell the house. A buddy gave me a 5 lb. bottle of mercury that is somewhere in the attic. One day I'll get a "round toit" and fix it. Gil

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Gil, I looked for McIntosh and Trevallion's "Shotgun Technicana" book in that list before I made that post, and did not see it. That's why I made the comment, just trying to be helpful and suggest an excellent book. Not sure if I made a mistake or if it got added to the list afterward. That's why I didn't bother commenting on the reply from JohnfromUK.

In your small mind, I suppose you would think that is the moral equivalent of selling a house that, by your admission, still contained traces of an extremely hazardous substance. You did disclose that to the buyer, didn't you?

Thanks for yet another example of the dishonesty of Libtards. But then, you already knew my opinion of you. Keep flailing assh*le.

Can't admit your are wrong. Ironically the same behavior you constantly berate King about. Walks like a hypocrite, sounds like a hypocrite....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Gil, why did you just delete your most recent comments? Did your brain finally catch up with the realities of Disclosure of Hazardous Substances in Real Estate Law?

Or were you sleeping during that class?

By the way idiot, I did say that I may have made a mistake. It's right there in my post which you just quoted. I've admitted to being wrong here several times over the years, and apologized when appropriate. That's something you or King will never do. Pretty cool how you see hypocrisy where there is none, yet give it a total pass when it is practiced by King. But you do have that little problem with full disclosure and reading comprehension, don't you?

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Gil, why did you just delete your most recent comments? ?

I found myself sinking to your level and decided I didn't want to go there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now, you're teasing, Craig! Merry Christmas!

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

keith, a day doesn’t go by that I don’t have nightmares about what I did. I ride by the house and have noted that two generations of inhabitants have been affected. Two–headed dogs and cats, children never growing over 2 feet tall, one with a head on backwards, and the parents mad as hatters. Oh, the humanity of it. My fault. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. The worst part of it is that all of their first names are spelled lower case—jim, mary, their girls—keith, keith and their other sister keith. . They just don’t know any better to capitalize the first letter in their names; I did it to them by my carelessness and it tortures me. One benefit is that on a hot summer day, the mercury raises what was built as a single story into a two-story home. Not so good on cold days. I pray for forgiveness of this terrible transgression. It haunts me. And it was not just the mercury. I planted kudzu for a lawn. Selling the house accomplished two things: I got rid of the mercury contamination and rotated the kudzu crop by leaving it behind. Thank you for having the courage to point out my terrible, unforgiveable mistake. You are a credit to all capital letter impaired people of all color and religious beliefs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to see that you're thinking about the possible ramifications and liabilities, even if you can joke about the health risks the unsuspecting buyers assumed. You did disclose that mercury contamination when you sold, didn't you? Your partial clean-up and disposal was in full compliance with State and EPA regulations, right? You have to be a real pinhead to see some moral equivalency between that, and my suggesting a book that may or may not have already been on a list of Double Gun Books.

A friend of mine had a bottle of Mercury break that was being used to stabilize a top heavy floor lamp behind their sofa years ago. It splattered and found its way through the carpet and padding, on downward into the tongue and groove hardwood flooring, and even through the joints of the subfloor where it contaminated the floor joists. It also got traces behind the baseboards and shoe molding, and splattered onto furniture. All of it had to be removed and disposed of by a Haz-Mat team and sent to a Hazardous waste landfill. Very very expensive. He and his wife and daughter had to go through Heavy metals chelation therapy because they were exposed while trying to clean up the mess, before the State DER authorities took over when they found out. Of course, once those Bureaucrats take over something like this, there is a ton of costly testing, monitoring, and paperwork. There was even talk of criminal charges because he didn't report the spill to authorities. Fortunately for him, he still owned the house, and his Homeowners Insurance paid all of the costs, which were much more than a new Holland Double. Clean-up, disposal, demolition, reconstruction, medical, and temporary housing while the work was being done... The final tab was enormous.

In the words of Piers Morgan, "You are an unbelievably stupid man, aren't you?"

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

GLS I really hate that I helped an idiot like you find a SxS...

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh, keith. oh, keith. Mountain out of mole hill maker thou art--and now the board's dog name cop and director of EPA.
Where's the proof of what you just wrote?

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.