May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 211 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,347
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote]Please consider numerous Democrat shellackings over the last 75 years haven't slowed by an inch the inexorable wish of Americans---Republicans and Democrats---for a more tolerant society toward civil rights and minorities, gay rights, interracial marriage, AIDS, don't tell, capital punishment etc.[quote]

I think King makes an accurate and interesting point here. One he has made in various forms before. It hasn't mattered which political party wins... Our societies are evolving in the direction the progressives would like.

My take away is that when it comes to our sociey's values, who is running Washington or Ottawa is meaningless. What matters is who runs the media, who runs the schools etc. and the right lost those battles before I was born.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your 2,000th post is right-on as usual James. Congratulations on both.

My children, grandchildren, great grandchildren look upon me as a dinosaur to be affectionately patronized until I'm gone.

I'm reminded of a couple lines of Pasternak's poem It is Not Seemly:

"Into obscurity retiring,
Try your development to hide,
As autumn mists on early mornings
Conceal the dreaming countryside.

"Another, step by step, will follow
The living imprint of your feet;
But you yourself must not distinguish
Your victory from defeat."

The caveat for me, of course, is that those following feet won't be of a "barefoot boy with cheeks of tan, blessings on you little man" with rod, dog and gun. Any blessings will be of a memory better forgotten.

My model is no match for relentless progressives who see my shooting fraternity as moribund, waiting only for the day to be buried.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
My model is no match for relentless progressives who see my shooting fraternity as moribund, waiting only for the day to be buried.

Spoken like a true anti-gunner who wants nothing more that for us to stop fighting and give in to the most destructive force in history... Radical Left Liberalism.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Still more lies and bullshit from our resident Liberal Leftist Weasel. Here's what's really happening to Defense spending as a share of GDP under Obama... even as Trillion Dollar budgets continue... merely diverting that money to the Welfare State:

http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/national-defense-spending

But none of King's crap is surprising when you consider that his words are from one who revels in a weaker United States and celebrates a Muslim culture whose Sharia Law actually does restrict Liberty and literally demands misogyny.

James and Craig: thanks for your comments.

The three of us differ widely on notions of governance while sharing common values.

James and Craig have to be mortified at the mere thought that they share "common values" with you King. First off, they would have to be pathological liars to have anything in common with you.

The pendulum swings both ways. What may appear as an inexorable swing toward Liberalism will either result in the destruction of our Nation, or a realization that most of these Progressive moves have made our Country worse instead of better. I think we may finally be starting to see the pendulum swing back the other way. The Republicans who crushed the Democrats will either see that, or they will have to be replaced by those that do, even if it takes a New Party to do it.

Who has benefited from two men being able to get married or parade in feathered costumes in vulgar displays? The only ones who will benefit will be the inevitable Lawyers who profit from gay divorces. Maybe King gets off on watching two men kiss. Any normal person finds it repulsive and it certainly does nothing to create new taxpayers to fund Social Security.

What good are Civil Rights when the cost was the destruction of the black family and a new enslavement by Democrats and Race Baiters? The concept was good. Too bad it was co-opted and perverted by Liberal swindlers and charlatans. Were there more deaths from decades of lynchings, or from just one year of todays Black on Black violence?

Capital Punishment??? What's so moral about saving the lives of a few dozen murderers a year when you actively promote the killing of millions of unborn babies?

Interracial relationships... yippee hooray! Now white girls can have multiple Welfare babies by irresponsible absentee fathers too!

It would be another story if the Liberal Progressive advances upon our country actually made things better overall... but in my lifetime, we have lost ground to the rest of the world. We were the worlds lone Super-Power. Now we are an also-ran that can no longer afford to be the world's policeman. When I was a boy, we put a man on the moon thanks to the vision of a Democrat President who would be derided as a Conservative by today's standards. Now we must grovel and pay the Russians to ferry men and supplies to the International Space Station, and we have not touched the moon in over 40 years. China and India are more actively engaged in Space Exploration than we are, and they will reap the technological benefits that once propelled us. We are lagging the Industrialized World in Science and Education. 50 years of Great Society spending of trillions of dollars, and we have more kids living in poverty. Wages, adjusted for inflation, have fallen. Our infrastructure is crumbling, and our debt and deficits are rising. China's economy is larger on a national scale and could overtake ours on a per capita scale too.

I could go on. No need. Anyone with half a brain and a shred of honesty gets the picture and understands that the Liberal Progressive march is nothing to celebrate. What the liar King would have us believe to be advancement is actually moral and economic decay. Where it is most acute... where Liberals have ruled for decades, in places like Detroit, it is an actual rot with an actual stench of death. We will either come to our senses as a nation and reject it, or we will be just another fallen empire because of it.

Apologies to those who would like to see ed good banished from this forum, but in comparison to King Brown, ed is just an annoying buzzing mosquito, while lying Liberals like King are the deadly malaria within.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....As for muslims, Arabic is the second language in our provincial capital of Halifax, and federal policy is for "reasonable accommodation."

Muslim citizenship is welcome on condition of accepting Canadian cultural values.

The left wing agenda is on the rise and inevitable. Certainly, it's part of your federal policy and Canadian cultural values.

There could be the curious 'discussion' of why right leaning preferences are not allowed 'reasonable accommodation' by yourself in determining the direction of 'cultural values'. Who gets to define what 'cultural values' means.

It can easily be shown that the current political right is significantly, dare say similar to the liberal left, to the left of sharia as it is tolerated in Canada. Why would the left continue to tolerate the brutal misogyny, as correctly noted, by the 'reasonable' incorporation of sharia into the progressing Canadian culture.

Again, why would the left tolerate sharia misogyny, but not allow reasonable accommodation of the right. I wonder why Rush, the TEA party, etc. repeatedly get auto demonized by the left. Are they some of the very few voices that avoid the liberal screeners who have chosen our future for us.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....The caveat for me, of course, is that those following feet won't be of a "barefoot boy with cheeks of tan, blessings on you little man" with rod, dog and gun. Any blessings will be of a memory better forgotten.

On so many different levels, what a sad little message in the name of progressive art.

Quick question, is this your personal preference, or do you see this as some 'better' place for society to be. Maybe, it's partial legacy material that should apply to all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I note that in another loss for honesty a Christian university in BC has lost its bid to open a law school on the basis that the school asks its students to refrain from premarital sex while attending the school.

Apparently people prepared to agree to that request can't be good lawyers as they will be unable to separate their personal biases from their clients best interests.

Again, the hypocrisy of the left, of progressives, of the politics of "inclusion" win another battle.

LOL At this exact moment in time I feel like I'm on some kind of odyssey. A space odyssey! Haha!

Last edited by canvasback; 12/14/14 12:59 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't speak for what's best for society in this respect, Craig. Killing for sport to eat isn't abhorrent to me. I don't hunt or fish low populations of species even if permitted by regulations. A retriever is a constant companion.

Younger generations won't buy it for reasons James has provided. As for liberal hegemony, it's entirely predictable. Cities have become refuges for hollowed-out countrysides. City interests are different; heritages have been lost.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't speak for what's best for society in this respect, Craig. Killing for sport to eat isn't abhorrent to me. I don't hunt or fish low populations of species even if permitted by regulations. A retriever is a constant companion.

Younger generations won't buy it for reasons James has provided. As for liberal hegemony, it's entirely predictable. Cities have become refuges for hollowed-out countrysides. City interests are different; heritages have been lost.

What is this bullshit? Why are you answering questions that no one has asked? Is this one of your typical attempts to bury posts which effectively refute your lies, or have you suffered a stroke? Suggest you utilize that National Health Care before you suffer permanent brain damage. Time lost is brain lost.

Your retriever is named Jake, right? In fact, haven't all of your dogs had that same name... Jake? Why is that? Don't you see them as individuals worthy of their own identity? Are they just part of the collective unit? Or was is to be able to re-use the same personalized bowl? That's sick.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Liberalism is left and right, Craig. Otherwise it wouldn't be dominant and apparently indomitable for reasons given. Left and right also accommodate religious laws or canonical laws concerning marriage, business, divorce, polygamy etc among muslims, Jews, Mormons, Catholics, Jehovahs, Protestants and all the rest as long as they stay within Constitutional rights and Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Our countries unlike Islamic ones are supposed to separate religion and state. They don't but that's another story. Misogyny? What's the last time any of the above took on that issue? It's not only sharia.

Page 8 of 21 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.