April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gunning Bird, 1 invisible), 403 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

W&C Scott Premier Imperial
12 gauge
30" Damascus barrels choked 33 and 34 thousanths
21 minimum wall thicknesses
Sideclips
Crossbolt
Ejectors
Made in 1892
7 pounds 5 ounces
14-5/8 x 1-9/16 x 2-9/16
Stock broken in wrist - pinned repair.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, you must be proud of this gun, but I can feel the energy being sucked right out of the bbs.
Sometimes, smaller is better - I feel like I'm at a drive-in again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting, all finish turned to brown red including trigger guard. This is particular the case of Bad Storage Conditions. I wonder where it was for at least last 50 years, on garage shelf?Straigt candidate to total refurbushing.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

very nice! could anyone please put a name to the damascus pattern on the barrels.
thank you

NA
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the replies!

Lowell do you mean that when people view the thread the large pictures load up the BBS hardware and slow the service down? I am not challenging your statement - I just want to understand.

Geno - the receiver and trigger guard are "French gray" - just my poor photography skills make them look dark brown. It is just the barrels that are a very dark brown. The barrels have not been refinished. I have been negotiating to buy it for three years - it was at a pawn shop. And the pawn shop did keep it stored in the orginal W&C Scott case - with the lid closed.

Thanks Mr W.

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Deleted double post, please excuse.

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 05/05/07 11:29 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe the Damascus is Fine or Finest Damascus Three Rod, if Fine would be 67% steel, Finest would be 70% steel.
That's American terminology, don't know what the Britts would call it, the one thing it's all the same what ever name.

BTW, forgot to mention, a very beautiful gun and it shows the workmanship. Seems that most to all pre-1900 guns made here and in the U.K. were the finest quality compared to later.

Last edited by JDW; 05/05/07 11:13 AM.

David

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

JDW - thanks. My friend Flintsteel and I had an interesting conversation with Dale Edmonds about the lack of color contrast in the Damascus. He said he has run into barrels from this period where he cannot get contrast. He speculated that the steel had more carbon and wouldn't take the color. Dale said he had picked up a two volume set of books by "Walsh" from the 1880s and that there was discussion in the book of the English makers starting to make their own Damascus tubes instead of importing them. He again speculated the barrels on my WC Scott could be made in England. Anway he knew immediately what we were talking about when we started describing the color and lack of contrast.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stunning Mike-your Brits might be proud to hunt with you now!
I agree with David-looks to be very high quality '3 Iron Crolle' and I'm going to add the pics to the 'Damascus Barrels' PictureTrail
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery.fcgi?p=999&gid=16082038
Check out the (black & white) pattern on the T. Kilby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your Imperial is very interesting. Scott's top tier guns were known for their scroll and game scenes. The oak leaf is often seen on the Excelletia Triplex guns.

It is my opionion only but I think the buttstock is a replacement. The checkering is very American is style and execution. The white line pad is obviously an American addition.

Here are two pictures of another Imperial Premier that were shown on this BBS.

Mike
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.