April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (78CJ, earlyriser, ClapperZapper, Fudd, bushveld, 1 invisible), 456 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,208
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

<and if you have ever been in a retail business, as is gunbroker, you will realize that buying and selling with the general public can sometimes be a less than satisfactory experience. so, those experiences over the years teaches one what works and what to do and what not do to, in order to avoid those less than satisfactory experiences in the future>.

Ed I am in the retail business...I have given some big refunds for some stupid reasons....but I can tell you one thing for sure.. If you have a dissatisfied customer and don't give the customer a refund you will never see them again......99% of the time.

Last edited by jeweler; 11/04/14 08:25 PM.

monty
lrh Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Sorry to butt into this battle but I wanted to get members opinion on this subject. I have seen guns listed for sale on the web that have a non firing, non disassembly, 3 day inspection period. Is that reasonable for a vintage gun? I have a 100 yr old gun I am considering selling and I would not want a potential customer taking it apart.

Sidelock
Sidelock

irh: nor do i...

it appears that what we have here is a group of buyers who have little knowledge and therefore little experience with what could happen and what does happlen when one is engaged in the business of selling old gun to the general public...

Last edited by ed good; 11/04/14 09:02 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed is far from being in the "retail" business like you are :

He does mail order only (he can hold the buyers funds/feedback hostage).

He has NO retail store front,NO business hrs (once again in violation of ATF regs for a dealer)

And he will NOT allow hands on inspection of guns in person before purchase !

Ed tell us How many forums have you been BANNED from ????

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
it appears that what we have here is a group of buyers who have little knowledge and therefore little experience with what could happen and what does happlen when one is engaged in the business of selling old gun to the general public...

But Cabelas, SKB, and Arrieta2 sell to the same public you do. And they agree with us. No doubt that group of firearms dealers sells many times more guns than you do. So it seems you are wrong.

and who was it that said: "if you tell lies long enough and often enough, people will begin to believe them? "

You?

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lrh
Sorry to butt into this battle but I wanted to get members opinion on this subject. I have seen guns listed for sale on the web that have a non firing, non disassembly, 3 day inspection period. Is that reasonable for a vintage gun?

I have a 100 yr old gun I am considering selling and I would not want a potential customer taking it apart.

yea it might come back like Ed sends them out-take a look at those screw heads,wonder if he brought it to the grammar school gunsmith before or after he torched it ?

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

The real issues are "Full Disclosure" and "Misrepresentation". A statement like "RECEIVER CASE COLORS HAVE BEEN SAFELY RESTORED TO NEAR ORIGINAL BRIGHT APPEARANCE." is a subjective statement and is a clear misrepresentation. As is a photograph of a toplever to the right due to the action being slightly open. Full disclosure would have been noting the receiver had been recolored using a gas torch, and a photograph of the toplever with the action closed. As would have been noting the width of any gaps in the action.

Last edited by Ken61; 11/04/14 11:43 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

cept, the receiver was not recolored using a gas torch. and the action is fully closed in all photos...

61, like some others here, you are quick to jump to negative conclusions, when all you have to do is ask questions...

think about it...if i utilized deceptive selling pratices, would that not be reflected in my gunbroker feedback?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.aspx?User=128526

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

screw your feedback Ed,
here I will type in " special ed letters"

HOW MANY FORUMS HAVE YOU BEEN TOSSED OFF ????

WHY DO YOU HIDE THE TRUE LEVER POSITION BY LEAVING THE ACTION OPEN ?

WHY MAIL ORDER ONLY-TO AVOID HANDS ON INSPECTION ?

WHY HIDE THE MESSED UP SCREWS FROM THE TARTED UP GUNSMITH ?

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

think about it...if i utilized deceptive selling pratices, would that not be reflected in my gunbroker feedback?

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
ed the ratings system on GunsAmerica and Gunbroker favor the seller. They think the seller is their customer rather than the buyer as the seller sends them a check.

Your current return policy is vague, iffy, arbitrary, and stingy. When you split hairs like you did over the meaning of "off face", claiming it depends on whether the forend is on or off you are playing "gotcha".

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348635&page=1

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...true#Post348564

and who was it that said: "if you tell lies long enough and often enough, people will begin to believe them? "

You?

I am glad to be here.
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.