March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (SKB, FlyChamps, cpa, Dan S. W., Ken Nelson, 1 invisible), 807 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

back in the nineties, used to know a bob cash from ohio...

he used to come to guns shows in ny and make ridikerous low offers for guns i had for sale...are you dat bob cash? or anutter won?

if you are in fact that bob from ohio, how the hell are you and glad we are both still here!

Last edited by ed good; 11/03/14 08:12 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ed,

Doing business with you, the one time that I did, taught me to never, ever buy a gun over the 'net without the 3 day inspection period. You may not recall, but roughly 6 years ago you had a 30" BSS advertised for around $1100 and some change, as I recall. I called you and you were on the way to Hilton Head, or somewhere like that. When I asked you, you basically told me, "no returns, I sell good quality stuff that no one would want to return". In a moment of weakness, I took the bait and bit. The BSS would not recock the right barrel when I tried it out on sporting clays. Knowing I had agreed on your policy I bit the bullet, sent it to Jim Kelly in Darlington, SC who fixed it. I have shot it a great deal, but will never forget my lesson learned. I don't want others to have to learn the way I did, by "buying" my education at the school of hard knocks. I made a mistake, and paid for it. It would not have been right, or honorable, for me to call you and complained after I had agreed to your terms. I played right into your hand, and paid for it. Lesson learned.

When I started this thread I had no intention of mentioning this, but since you exhibited disagreement with my premise, and insist on defending what is an asinine argument, here ya' go.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

stan: i think i remember selling you a bss. i do not remember my return policy six years ago. i also, do not remember hearing from you regarding a problem with the gun. why not? and your complaint here is very late and frankly a little suspect, as bss guns are well known for their reliabilty...stan, send me the bill and if reasonable, i will send you a check...meantime this smells like a cheap shot to me...i mean, why post this here? why not via a private message? your motives here appear to be less than honorable...

Last edited by ed good; 11/03/14 10:11 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

is this it? or are there more stans out there? come on guys, come out of the closet and lay it on me...so to speak.

Last edited by ed good; 11/03/14 09:39 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Back on target, but with how when you "should have" returned the item but kept it anyway, the experience of initial let-down remains. And what does it speak of the seller who yet still shipped it in the first place? My only answer is "What did he have to lose?" I think that's EXACTLY what rues the day with a seller shipping a not-as-advertised gun - really, what does he have to lose? yes, definitely INSPECT the gun thoroughly and don't take a seller's word especially when you're new.

Some years ago being new to doubles I was in a position to buy a matched set of harrison & hussey's from a West coast seller for a decent price, who you all have spoken very highly of, now out of business retired. Ivory Beads anyone? Probably picked out my inexperience on the phone. Despite my list of questions and in fact my asking he pull the gun from the rack and personally inspect it over the phone, which the seller said he was doing as we talked, (yes, barrels ring true, triggers function, no dents bulges, etc), I bought them and paid the $100+ for shipping and eagerly awaited a perfect set in the oak leather case. I decided to have the gun shipped directly to a knowledgeable dealer here.

Got the call - and that things weren't perfect. Rear trigger wouldn't fire, a very light ring bulge in one barrel, the other barrel doesn't ring true, missing accessory advertised etc. My first Brit guns in a beautiful case, the stock dimensions, the price what I was looking for, to hell with it, I'll keep them and save the money and danger shipping them back by putting it towards repairs.

Seller didn't have anything to comment but just send it back if you want to (at your cost). I figure the guns probably sat for a time unwanted, I paid the price he asked, and what's he got to lose by the experience? nada. There's just NO guarantee that what is described shown etc is what you get. Crappy introduction to this fine world! Whenever I shoot or look or think about them there's that slight drag thinking about the experience. But what overcomes is they're still gorgeous to me, an honor to the maker and prior owners, and worth the experience and I'm terribly lucky to have them.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just told you what your return policy was six years ago. When I agreed to buy the gun I was agreeing with your policy, against my better judgement. My mistake, not yours. The fact that I made the mistake, and will not go back on my word, is precisely why I did not complain. I am not complaining now. I am confessing my mistake and putting it under the spotlight so others might learn from it.

I doubt I kept the bill from Jim. I'll look and see. If I did I will post it as evidence, not as a request for your reimbursement. Listen one more time. I screwed up when I agreed to your policy. I don't want your money. I don't want to have any business dealings with you of any kind. Insulting me by questioning my integrity won't improve your status with anyone of any consequence, IMO.

I didn't ask you for your input, but you have every right to post on here and regurgitate it. However, I won't discuss it anymore here with you. Any further discussion with you will have to be by p.m.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 11/03/14 09:47 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

stan: seems you have a rather self focused attitude...if i bought a gun or anything else, and found a functional problem with it, i would certainly let the seller know about it, if for no other reason that he would be more careful inspecting his merchandise, so someone else did not have a similar problem.

you seem to have an ax to grind. i do not. awaiting your pm.

Last edited by ed good; 11/03/14 09:59 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Aww heck may as well pile on. Another esteemed seller this one in Oklahoma - same deal. Same explanation of how the rifle is right, specifically answering my direct questions - no wood issues no cracks or other trouble. Received the 1908 dated 9x57 Mauser and not only did it have easily observable wood splitting/cracking behind the rear top receiver, the inlet wood for the receiver also had extensive fracturing. I wanted a vintage rifle w no issues to use for incidental hunting, I called him up to complain and he actually said "Well, all Mausers have these issues!" (My reply "Now C'mon!! Not again!!)

A slightly odd caliber which likely didn't get much attention and sat for a time, what did he have to lose to simply mislead me and ship it hoping I'd miss the issue or just keep it? Beware of guns that sit for a time, they just might be the ones these sellers oversell just to move em out hoping for the best. New guys: inspect immediately!

Sidelock
Sidelock

oh, an stan, $1100 and change was a good deal for you and me in 2008...today a decent bss with 30" tubes is going for about $1800 max...let me know if you ever want to sell it. we both can make a buck on dat one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know the chief gunsmith at Bass Pro in Springfield and I can say with about 99.99% confidence that he never said that. If those words were spoken they were taken out of context or there was a serious misrepresentation by the above seller.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.