March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

below are a few photos of Michael's gunroom from February, 2014 before I started cleaning out shelves and drawers and before Amoskeag arrived to take the firearms.

A view from Michael's chair ...

Wall on the right hand side ...

Rack on the left hand side ...

1 member likes this: Mills
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Close up of the single-shot rifles ...

2 members like this: Mills, Dave Weber
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

While it has been a lot of work, Michael gave me an incredible opportunity to help manage the liquidation of his items. I learned a lot from him while spending hours in that room with him going over the rifles, but I was forced to learn even more when researching all the various parts I was photographing and listing.

We had a serious conversation before he went into the hospital and he left me with very specific instructions including, "don't give my sh*t away!" Thank you to all of you have visited my auctions over the last several months since Michael passed away. Thank you also for helping me correct my descriptions to avoid issues later.

Michael's items will continue to be listed over the next few weeks and I imagine that only his library will be left after the holidays. I have sold a few hundred of his books already and there are many more to go.

... Joe

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here are a few views from the Wills collection to be auctioned next month ...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe,
I have been watching the Amoskeag website waiting for them to post their online catalog. It will be a real education for all single shot lovers as well the fine early bolt gun aficionados. It will be as close as many of us can get to handling rifles like this. You certainly are a fine friend to John and Michael and must feel honored to have had them pick you as the executor of their collections. You've spent a great deal of time and have done a great service to both families. Don Neal wrote a nice article on John Wills that was published in the Single Shot Exchange.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, thanks for the look! What a shame to break it up.Do you know how many years were spent in putting it together?
These pictures are keepers!
Best,
Craig

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig,

I "met" Michael circa 1970 when I reduced my single shot collection a bit. How many years before that he had been collecting is unknown to me, but I don't think it could have been too many, given his age. He later said his first Pope was one of my duplicates. Our first face to face meeting was many years later, 2007, as I recall.

I "met" John through Michael circa 1990. He was well established as a collector at that time. His gunsmithing work was superb!

Sidelock
Sidelock

So awesome. SO much history!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for sharing the photos. What a cool gunroom! I was able to buy two of his books off of Ebay

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a monument for 40+ collecting! I know they will find new homes and be well cared for, but never in one place together again. It is sad!The really great collections are few!
Terry, thanks for the input.
Best,
Craig

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.