April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 394 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

How do we know about anything, Gary? How do we know about the goings-on in Washington or Ferguson? Not that we believe all of it, depending on the source. Clergymen describe a bounteous hereafter but no one has ever seen it.

Google fragging in Vietnam, go to your library, get a book, check Amazon. The assault by soldiers on their officers in Vietnam is writ large in the public record. No need to look for survivors to confirm it. It's part of history.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seriously, Obama destroyed the Iraqi army? It fell apart because of him? Like the myth of Bush invading to remove WMD?

Two weeks after 9/11 Donald Rumsfield wrote in his calendar after meeting with Bush:

"After the meeting ended I went alone to the Oval Office---He was alone
He was at his desk---
He talked about the meet
Then he said I want you to develop a plan
to invade Iraq. Do it outside the normal channels. Do it creatively so we don't have to take so much cover."

Consequences of the debacle are still with us. American occupation made Iraq a breeding ground for jihadists. IS sprung from it, mostly now in Iraq. You are accurate in that the US did an excellent job rebuilding the Iraqi army. Soldiers, however, don't fight for what they don't believe in. The army was riven by tribal animosities. US staying 100 years wouldn't have changed it.

"DoD has been organized, trained and equipped to fight big armies, navies and air forces. It is not possible to change DoD fast enough to successfully fight the global war on terror."---Donald Rumsfield, October 16 2003

Dave K Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

here since your now a Rumsfled fan:

Donald Rumsfeld, who served as U.S. Defense Secretary under President George W. Bush, blames poor diplomacy by the Obama administration for the current strained relations with Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

"Our relationship with Karzai and with Afghanistan was absolutely first-rate in the Bush administration," Rumsfeld told Fox News's Greta Van Susteren on Monday. "It has gone down hill like a toboggan ever since the Obama administration came in."

Rumsfeld pointed to the fact that the Obama administration has failed to get Karzai to sign an agreement that would allow some U.S. troops to remain in Afghanistan after 2014, when combat ends.

The U.S. has status of forces agreements with more than a hundred countries, Rumsfeld noted. "A trained ape can get a status of forces agreement," he said. "It does not take a genius. And we have so mismanaged that relationship."

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is possible on the internet to find a world of information that would seem to lend credence to ANY position I would care to take.
A nice way of saying the net has a lot of BS floating around. I wouldn't doubt a 90 day wonder got slammed by men who refused to let him get them senselessly killed, (not enough NCO's to teach the looies how to survive)but you make it sound like it was an everyday occurrence. I have many good friends who survived Nam and all I've talked to paint a different picture than the anti-war advocates who weren't there. Politics should never be a factor in war.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've forgotten how many cases---I'm sure it's on google---but the fragging was part of soldiers not believing what they were fighting and dying for and they killed officers who were seeing their duty and leading them to it.

I've talked to many Vietnam veterans as well. Had one and his wife to lunch last Saturday. Like most veterans I've interviewed, the Tennessee infantryman remembers it primarily as "the waste, the waste."

Politics is always a factor in war. The old quote from a strategy master referred to war as an extension of politics.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe it was General Curtis Lemay,and probably others, who told Lyndon Johnson not to get involved in a ground war in Vietnam. This advice was of course ignored as we well know today.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Dave K Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

King,

your becoming the "Baghdad Bob" of Obama's foreign policy combined with the Swiftboat Kerry on here.
Care to add some Hanoi Jane and go for the trifecta of ignoring facts-and using the infamous "look it up" and "I heards" of the internet ?

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sure, Karzai played both sides, with the Taliban and the US, and came out of it as the Afghans always do. Re his judgment, let's not forget Rumsfield said the US would be in and out of Iraq in four months. There would be no occupation. "I don't do quagmires," he said.

I often wonder why Bush even gave Rumsfield the job. He was no friend of the Bushes. He tried to thwart his father's run for the presidency. Nixon loved him "as a ruthless little bastard." Rumsfield had no strategic or tactical sense, sending in less than half the troops Bush senior committed for Desert Storm.

Consider, too, when criticizing Obama for pulling out in response to public demands, Rumsfield ignored the Pentagon's objections to his strategy: not enough troops, not enough materiel. He managed the quagmire: 4,500 US dead, 11,000 wounded, a trillion dollars---and counting.

It's now the West's burden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Bottom Line:

FACTS:
Iraq had and used WMDs in the form of chemical weapons against their own people and remains of these WMDs were found while we were there. Remaining stocks were sent to Syria and are still there today.

With all the B.S. spewed out by the left over terminology and who said what in this thread the above facts are irrefutable.

This should cut right to the quick of the Libtard B.S. in the 8 pages of this thread.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Seriously, Obama destroyed the Iraqi army? It fell apart because of him? Like the myth of Bush invading to remove WMD?

Two weeks after 9/11 Donald Rumsfield wrote....

....Consequences of the debacle are still with us....

....US staying 100 years wouldn't have changed it....

Odd, everyone has a take on history and lessons learned except for the pres of the second greatest country. Why are we back, doesn't he know what you know?

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.