May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jtplumb, prairie ghost, Guy Ave, SKB, 2 invisible), 908 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,496
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe our conservative government's estimate of radicals returned home is pretty good, Craig. Their travels aren't difficult to track. Yesterday's killer jihadist was known to police. Canada, like the UK, handles them the same as any other bad bunch, in civil court as the US did recently. Keep cool.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Canada, like the UK, handles them the same as any other bad bunch, in civil court as the US did recently. Keep cool.

What are you folks doing up there, you file suits against the radical islamic state terrorists to make them behave.

I'm still just fine, I'm more curious about the prep for 'immigration reform' that Dave K brought up in a different thread. Up for bid, a run of 34 mil green cards and work permits 'to support support possible future immigration reform initiatives', by executive order right after the midterms.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, no, jihadists breaking the law are treated as any other criminals in Canada, not held without charge for years by the US nor tried in kangaroo courts declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States.

I don't know what Dave's concern will be called, but it shouldn't surprise Dave or me if Obama moves toward---maybe this is the word--- a new populism. He said reversing growing inequality "is certainly my highest priority."

Add amnesty for all "by executive order right after the mid-terms," as you say. What's more populist than that? And a modest minimum-wage hike. Some Democrat blowback for sure but populism engages in fits and starts.

I'm not as sure as Dave that healthcare is finito. Polling from 1980 to 2007 found Americans favouring national health insurance financed by tax money by 50 to 65 per cent of respondents.

Americans are rhetorically conservative but operationally progressive, as the old saying goes. There's evidence of it in both parties. Obama has cooled his jets. My guess is he'll set the populist stage for '16.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Americans are rhetorically conservative but operationally progressive, as the old saying goes. There's evidence of it in both parties. Obama has cooled his jets. My guess is he'll set the populist stage for '16.

I think you have this all wrong. Americans will easily buy into the bleeding heart whine line and as a group parrot the typical pc talking points, but they'll swing the pendulum when the left pushes to hard. Your man Boehner is a good example. You and the mainstream media will regularly poke fun at him, but he's not there because the 'populists' like pelosi more.

I know you won't see it, but there're folks here that go to great lengths to provide links that'll help you be more well read. bo has not cooled any jets at all. You do realize that any 'populist' issue is exec ordered on weekends and holidays or saved for after the inconvenience of elections.

Interesting experiment may shape up. If the R's take control of congress, will bo compromise just a tad on agenda for the price of throwing a little pork at the Republican cravings. Me thinks not. I'd bet the blame game, dem fund raisers, exec orders and exec branch regulators shift into overdrive. What's he got to loose, and who would he owe, other than the god he sees in the mirror, as a lame duck running out of time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree about blowback if the "progressives" push too hard---but that applies to both parties, doesn't it? The GOP is performing elegant back-flips to accommodate cultural change. I'm sticking to Americans more attracted to culture than conservative rhetoric.

Mark Steyn, the Canadian-born writer and conservative political commentator published in the US, Canada and overseas, had this in today's newspapers (read the whole thing on google):

"Liberals expend tremendous efforts to changing the culture. Conservatives expend tremendous efforts changing elected officials every other November---and they are surprised it doesn't make much difference. Culture trumps politics---which is why once the questions have been settled culturally, conservatives are reduced to playing catch-up, twisting themselves into pretzels to explain why gay marriage is really conservative after all, or why 30-million unskilled immigrants with a majority of births out of wedlock are 'natural allies' of the Republican Party."

Poke fun at Boehner? No way. I said earlier he's the most interesting person in Washington, keeping the Tea Party and all the other balls in the air, which Mark Steyn refers to above. As an American, you're interested more in the play-by-play of the game. I'm interested more in competing strategies, whether in fact culture beat politics as appears now on the evidence above, whoever wins.

Sidney Crosby and Wayne Gretzky became the world's best hockey players because of a rare intuitive sense of knowing where the play was going---not happening, but where the puck would be, moving on the ice. They didn't have to look. I just like watching. My grandson played street hockey with Crosby. Crosby always won, five against him.

I don't think of Obama as top of his class but, again on the evidence, culture appears to be trumping politics, bumping along in fits and starts, like the pope, coaxing and waiting for the world to catch up.

Last edited by King Brown; 10/22/14 11:12 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Couple of things.

First, I read the book excerpt by Steyn King is referring to and IMHO Steyn is absolutely right. The left is winning the culture war and thus the politics don't matter. The right mistakes winning elections for winning.

Second, and back on point, today, two days after the terrorist attack in Quebec we have one and maybe two gunmen wandering around Parliament Hill, shooting people, including a honour guard at our National War Memorial. The US equivalent would be a gunman inside the Capital building.

Accurate news is sketchy at the moment but I will not be surprised if it is another radicalized muslim.

Last edited by canvasback; 10/22/14 03:22 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

THIS IS YOUR BRAIN:

Originally Posted By: canvasback
.... today, two days after the terrorist attack in Quebec we have one and maybe two gunmen wandering around Parliament Hill, shooting people, including a honour guard at our National War Memorial. The US equivalent would be a gunman inside the Capital building.

Accurate news is sketchy at the moment but I will not be surprised if it is another radicalized muslim.

AND THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS:

I believe our conservative government's estimate of radicals returned home is pretty good, Craig. Their travels aren't difficult to track. Yesterday's killer jihadist was known to police. Canada, like the UK, handles them the same as any other bad bunch, in civil court as the US did recently. Keep cool.

Any Questions?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Update....one gunman was killed inside our Parliament building by a Sargent at Arms. Police and security personnel are searching for a second.

The soldier performing Honour Guard duties at the National War Memorial was killed. By policy, the Honour Guard carries a fully functioning weapon but is not allowed ammunition.

Despite being out in the open and likely seeing the gunman approach, the soldier had no way to defend himself.

Some liberal functionary and the bleeding heart anti-gun left have blood on their hands.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/news...hboard/follows/

Last edited by canvasback; 10/22/14 03:21 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Goodness that Canada also has "good guys with guns" to stop "bad guys with guns" just like the NRA answer here in America

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Some liberal functionary and the bleeding heart anti-gun left have blood on their hands

That sentence should be on the front page of every newspaper in Canada!...Geo

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.