April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (WBLDon), 1,112 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,135
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
KY Jon #368232 06/04/14 12:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
If you want to see a bunch of old people go to your first high school or college reunion after 30 or 40 years. Gadzooks where did all those old broads and fat, bald men come from. Youth is wasted on the young.

I've skipped every one of mine for that reason. I KNOW how I now look and I'd prefer to remember them as they looked back then.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I went to my 20th, all the guys looked like used car salesmen--for a Mercedes dealer. I wore a deerskin vest from a deer that I shot, and a Hawaiian shirt, found that the kid next door that used to beat up on me regularly turned into a full blown hippie. He had some killer weed. Never went to another. No ex girlfriends there, I was the youngest kid in class-no girl would date the chubby wiseass geek.

hippie redneck geezer
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
nearly all good old bows have an Ivory tip guards @ the sharp end.Abalone n Mother of pearl are also pretty heavily regulated,& might need paper work as regards to the Specific Species of said material for Christs sake! or so he said...could be a nightmare in many occupations if they get the magnifying glass out

Heard an NPR feature on this situation today, think it was on Marketplace. Included an interview that indicated the orchestra had filed all the required paperwork on their bows, including photos, before they entered the U.S. and had obtained permission to bring the bows in. Still, seven (I think) of the bows were held at Customs and these world class professionals were forced to play with borrowed bows. When they left the country, they got their bows back but had to pay a substantial fine. Absurd. The government is out of control. Good luck traveling with an old double with ivory bead.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you think this gent would have a problem?

Curl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not as long as he has that double and the reserve to use it. Sheep are led to the slaughter not so much sheep with guns. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sadly, the weight of this new heavy-handed government action is becoming apparent. If anybody had their eyes on the just completed James D. Julia auction you would have seen it first hand.

Any firearm that had even a speck of ivory, such as a front sight bead, had an entry stating the following:

James D. Julia Auctioneers complies with all federal laws and regulations (Please review our Ivory Position Statement): The African ivory mounts on this item were in the country long before the January 8th, 1990’s CITE appendix. As per the President’s Executive Order of February 2014, this gun accompanied by an appropriate ESA is legal to sell and buy. However, no ivory will accompany this gun when you purchase it unless you hire John Sexton to prepare an ESA statement. If you hire John Sexton to prepare an ESA statement, the cost is $1,500.00. John Sexton is an independent consultant with appropriate qualifications to prepare ESA statements. John Sexton’s address is 1962 Portage Landing North, North Palm Beach, Florida 33408. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make payment to John Sexton for ESA statements. Documents are prepared by John Sexton and not James D. Julia Auctioneers. Once statements are prepared, a copy will be presented to Julia’s and they will then present you with the ivory mounts for this gun. Another copy should be kept with your gun.

THIS GUN WILL BE SOLD WITHOUT ITS IVORY. IF THE BUYER WISHES TO HAVE THE IVORY, THEY MUST HIRE JOHN SEXTON TO PREPARE AN ESA “ANTIQUE CERTIFICATION” (COST $1,500).

This is a copy and paste from Lot #2265. You can see it here: Lot 2265 That piece of contraband has "An ivory bead front sight is longitudinally dovetailed into front ramp."

Julia has posted their Ivory Position Statement here: Julia Ivory Position Statement

So boys and girls, this Executive Order signed by our President is very real and will show its impact in the months and years to come. It's shocking really. For most of us with ivory appointments on our guns it will be impossible to comply with the policies announced by the Fish & Wildlife Service: U.S. Fish & Wildlife Ivory Ban Policies. Note that every burden of proof is placed on the owner (seller). You must prove what species it is and that it was legally imported, etc. The government has no burden of proof at all.

I have very little ivory. A few doubles with ivory beads and a pair of ivory grips for a Colt 1911. I wouldn't be able to "prove" the legality of any of it under the regulations. What about you?

Curl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are some photos of a Suhl 9.3x74R double rifle I owned some years back (these photos are from Champlin's website some years after I parted with this rifle):

That beautiful work of art is now virtually unsellable.

Curl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ivory dildoes, are they covered by this law too? Or are they exempt if they are over 100 years old and pics of grandmas prove their provenance?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunlover
Ivory dildoes, are they covered by this law too? Or are they exempt if they are over 100 years old and pics of grandmas prove their provenance?

"Gross grandma, that thing is too old to use anymore, and what is the ivory thing you have!"
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pray that the next administration at least modifies the Exec order. Or better yet the Supreme Court curtails Executive Orders all together. They might have a little to say about the constitutionality of them entirely.

Our fearless leaders in DC might also want to think about what will happen when the otherside gets back into power if Executive Order becomes endorsed by the Supreme Court. Gridlock may end but presidential decree becomes law. We fought wars to put that type of whim power down.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.