Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 59 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: Dave K

when other forum members want to take the board back they will only do so by IGNORING the deranged Ed Good

Dave, I think you and Stan (in the other thread) have this correct. His behavior and comments are designed simply to get responses. And that can only happen when we bite.

I took some time last night to read various threads on different forums pulled up by Google searches that date back to the middle of the last decade. It's the same stuff, again and again. I haven't done this with anyone else but I believe I will be putting Mr Good on the ignore list.

The best way to fight temptation is to remove it.

I agree, Stan really hit the nail on the head with the "fishing" term, and your putting him on ignore is a smart move CB.
The internet now has pages and pages of his posts-hopefully some new collectors will take the time to research him before handing over money on crap.
I am as well and done falling for the bait,he will be gone in a day or two if he gets NO replies.

Lets hope others join in as well.

here is the link to page with Stans well done post !

(http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=264363&page=9.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: King Brown
....there's a claim that 88 out of 100 Americans own one---the US should have the public safety record---and it's a far way from it. Problem with a few here is that referencing facts about guns makes one an anti-gunner. Does questioning Red Sox notions or their stats make one anti-baseball?

Well huh, poo on you. We used to have a long gun registry in the US and everyone knew it was bunk because it was too expensive. So, I back channeled and frontal assaulted, civil kumbaya'd, and slay that pointless registry. What's a public safety thing-a-ma-jig.

On todays Drudge;

Detroit police chief gives credit to armed citizens for drop in crime

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140716/METRO01/307160034#ixzz37jt5FWGS

Detroit has experienced 37 percent fewer robberies in 2014 than during the same period last year, 22 percent fewer break-ins of businesses and homes, and 30 percent fewer carjackings. Craig attributed the drop to better police work and criminals being reluctant to prey on citizens who may be carrying guns.

“Criminals are getting the message that good Detroiters are armed and will use that weapon,” said Craig, who has repeatedly said he believes armed citizens deter crime. “I don’t want to take away from the good work our investigators are doing, but I think part of the drop in crime, and robberies in particular, is because criminals are thinking twice that citizens could be armed.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

I believe Brian posted earlier it would be better to have one federal law respecting firearms (as it is in Canada) instead of a hodgepodge of communities putting gun control to a vote. I'm not celebrating what those communities do other than commenting on their democratic example.

King, I said noting of the sort. what I said was:
"I would disagree. It would be a very bad idea to allow any municipality, county, or state to decide on our constitutional rights . Read that plural. Not just about guns. Towns, cities etc. deciding what is appropriate to read or say? I think not. Constitutional rights are rights we enjoy regardless of state boundaries.

I was talking about constitutional rights as a whole , not any one in particular. The way I see it, this administration is not just going after the 2nd amendment. They have shredded the Constitution and are now burning the little pieces. Noting about just a federal law for guns. The courts have ruled on the 2nd and my point is that we do not stand by and allow the abrogation of our constitutional rights.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a liberal/yes liberal Constitutional lawyer on Obama and his ,unconstitutional expansion of presidential powers :

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for that; I should not have relied on memory before posting. But pretty close: many jurisdictions arbitrating and making it stick on constitutional rights. Constitutional civil rights were enforced some 50 years at the point of a gun, blithely neglected from Day One because the majority didn't have its heart in extending same rights to blacks and whites. Supreme Court ruled against Guantanamo but still no change. Roe vs Wade wrangling continues to this day.

Your point is to stop "abrogation of constitutional rights." How would you do it when all high offices derive their legitimacy from the will of the people as expressed in elections? One size never fits all. Dave's New Hampshire has comparatively few gun restrictions; your New York considerably more. How do you balance the interests? Different strokes for different folks? Countries differ from when constitutions were written, and are amended all the time.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
oh, ok, now I get it...so if we got rid of all of the poor black folks and all of the poor hispanic folks, then most of our murder problem would be eliminated. and we could close half of our prisons. is that what you are tellin me?

Maybe he's saying that there is a real problem within these communitites that have nothing to do with our Second Amendment rights. These problems only became as bad as they are as a direct result of the Great Society, Liberalism, and the Welfare State. Illigitimacy rose, as people became slaves on the Democrat Plantation. Mothers have multiple kids with multiple fathers who are not involved. Discipline and parental supervision has given us a generation of kids having babies, and kids with no moral compass. God forbid that the schools teach them right from wrong or enforce discipline. School prayer is a complete no-no.

It isn't law abiding gun-owners who did all those shootings in Chicago, and continue to do it in every big city that already has extremely restrictive gun laws. But it's law abiding gun-owners who guys like you and King think should give up more rights.

Didn't King just allude above, as Liberals are so fond of doing... that our Constitution is a living document, and the country has changed since it was written, so then, the Constitution must be changed or ammended in order to address current trends and problems???... even if those problems were created by Libtards?

You and King both know where the real problem is, but you and King will never admit it. That's how dishonest people with a dishonest agenda operate. I recently provided King with statistics on murder and violent crime rates for the U.S. and the rest of the world. There are many many countries far more violent than the U.S. including Greenland with a murder rate four times as high. I'd venture to say that if we shipped all of our black and hispanic gangbangers to Canadian cities, the murder and violent crime rates would spike there and fall dramatically here in spite of any gun laws in either country. Or maybe Canadian lawmakers would quickly notice that the problem was something other than fear of inanimate objects. Maybe they'd stop giving parole and probation to violent offenders and just lock them up and throw away the key. Much cheaper for society in the long run. But Liberals like King would cry bloody murder and wring their hands about racism and profiling, even when it became apparent that it was working... just as they have done here.

It's still abundantly clear that King wishes to carry the anti-gun/anti Second Amendment/anti-NRA message while pretending that he is on our side and only reporting the news. Well, we see dishonest and biased Liberal journalism all the time here... and King makes excuses for that too. Actions speak louder than words and dishonesty still isn't civility. It's not working King. The Emperor has no clothes and everyone here now knows it except for ed and Jagermeister. Get used to the new normal. More proof to support my opinion of your anti-Second Amendment behaviors to follow...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

much bloviation here today, eh what?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave K
I agree, Stan really hit the nail on the head with the "fishing" term, and your putting him on ignore is a smart move CB.
The internet now has pages and pages of his posts-hopefully some new collectors will take the time to research him before handing over money on crap.
I am as well and done falling for the bait,he will be gone in a day or two if he gets NO replies.

Lets hope others join in as well.

here is the link to page with Stans well done post !

(http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=264363&page=9.

ed is now officially on my ignore list. It's the first time in my years on many forums that I've had to do this but enough is enough.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Haha, now that I've actually done it, I see I can't completely ignore old Ed. Where his comments are in each post, it now tells me I am ignoring him.

Anyone else see the irony in this. Lol

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Haha, now that I've actually done it, I see I can't completely ignore old Ed. Where his comments are in each post, it now tells me I am ignoring him.

Anyone else see the irony in this. Lol

I sure do canvas. grin

It also says that I can "toggle" the post. I won't do that though because with my luck ed's posts will be back on my screen and they will be like some rare kind of venerial disease that you can't get rid of.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Page 19 of 59 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.