May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
11 members (1574trap, ClapperZapper, Borderbill, 4 invisible), 496 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,448
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ed good #372622 07/14/14 01:35 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

OK ed, why don't you lead by example and just give up all of your guns because someone has an irrational fear of inanimate objects. Enough with the posturing and lecturing. Just do it.

But you won't. You want law abiding Mike to give up his new AR 15 while you keep your torched beauties. But what of those poor folks who fear all guns? Give them up ed... it's not fair or right of you to be so unreasonable. What if I fear that Muslims may blow themselves up in suicide bombings? Can I ask that they all give up their rights to not have their homes searched without a warrant? What if we fear that young black males will rape, rob, or murder since statistics prove they are much more likely than any other ethnic group to be involved in those illegal activities? Can we round them up and imprison them just to play it safe? Do you see how ridiculous you are?

I can answer that. No you don't. But you are being stupid and ridiculous. Our Civil Rights are not a matter for discussion or negotiation. Not by you, and especially not by a Canadian who has done nothing to help the cause of gun rights in Canada. If you don't think this is right, you can move to some repressive country where the government will control everything. You and King can just move to Iran where you'll be safe and happy.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good #372623 07/14/14 02:00 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Once again, King Brown is being dishonest and LULLING. He is once again repeating his tired refrain that it's all going by the wayside, so why fight it?... it's only a matter of time before we die off and the anti- gunners win Only thing is, it's not going away like King says. The number of guns in the U.S. has increased by nearly 50% since Bill Clinton was elected. People who really didn't care whether they ever owned a gun went out and bought one when it looked like they might lose that chance. People who never dreamed of carrying a gun got one when Concealed Carry became widespread. And the blood in the streets that was predicted by the anti-gunners has not happened. Quite the opposite really.

Women and girls are getting into the shooting sports. The antis will lie and say that private ownership of guns has fallen in recent years, but actual sales numbers disprove that. Gun makers are building new and larger production lines in Southern states where Liberal Left Democrats aren't trying to put them out of business. So many more new shooters shooting so many more new guns that even after the ammo hoarders have become glutted, ammo is still in short supply... with the production lines running full tilt 24/7.

King knows all of this. He's said the same crap before, and has been corrected before. But that won't stop him from repeating the same tired lies.

And oh, the hand wringing about the dangers of not embracing guys like ed and King who do nothing to support and protect our firearms freedoms, and do much to undermine them. What a crock of shit! We don't need friends like you. You are no help, and never have been. There are plenty of new shooters who can and will be better than you ever were. We don't need to help roll the Trojan Horse into our midst.

You support and give cover to the anti-gunners King. The anti-gunners are actually worse than a heroin junkie who would break in and steal my guns. The junkie only wants my guns to sell for quick money to buy drugs. He does not care if I replace them with insurance or my own money. The anti-gunners want to take them, and they eventually want to make it impossible to buy more. You help those anti-gunners King. You support them. You praise them. If you lived here, you would vote for them. Don't pretend to be on our side. Actions speak far louder than your words. Don't pretend to be our friend.

Give it up King. We're on to you and your LULLING and lying. We don't need you writing the epitaph of gun ownership and shooting. It's not true. But if we allow ourselves to be fooled by folks like you who do so much to subvert our Second Amendment, it could come to pass. I aim to see that does not happen. Not here. Not anywhere. I'll go along with what one of our Framers said before I fall for any more of your lies:

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."

Patrick Henry

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good #372624 07/14/14 06:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
mike: betcha if you lived in south Chicago, parts of LA or Detroit, etc, where the gun fire on the street is common, your attitude would not be so cavalier.

My attitude is not cavalier.

And the chances of our cause of death being homicide committed by gunmen are about 1 in 280.

Here are the top ten leading causes of death:

Heart disease: 597,689
Cancer: 574,743
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 138,080
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 129,476
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 120,859
Alzheimer's disease: 83,494
Diabetes: 69,071
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,476
Influenza and Pneumonia: 50,097
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 38,364

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

From watching the news you can't tell that COPD and the flu kill many times more people than gunmen can you?

So when you are hiding in your atomic bomb shelter you built in 1962 you can comfort yourself with the thought that that cigar or gallon of ice cream is many times more likely to kill you than a bad man with a semi-auto rifle.

Hope that data comforts you and your nervous neighbors.

I am glad to be here.
ed good #372632 07/14/14 10:08 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

so, grandmas sittin on the porch one hot night in the big city. shes enjoyin a cold one while watching her grand daughter playin with her dollies in the front yard...

yep, you got it, kid falls over with a bullet hole in her head. no sound, no warning. just dead...

we need to respect our fellow citizens right to be free of fear of being shot.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #372635 07/14/14 10:39 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
so, grandmas sittin on the porch one hot night in the big city. shes enjoyin a cold one while watching her grand daughter playin with her dollies in the front yard...

yep, you got it, kid falls over with a bullet hole in her head. no sound, no warning. just dead...

we need to respect our fellow citizens right to be free of fear of being shot.

Well there was a lady washing dishes in her kitchen in Arizona. A meteorite came through her roof, then her kitchen ceiling. Yep, you guessed it,she fell over with a hole in her head. No sound. No warning. Just dead. Tell Grandma that story and give here something else to worry about.

There are people that think the world is flat and believe that if it were round we would fall off of it. Do we need to get rid of all the globes in the world because it makes the flat-worlders uncomfortable.

Many schizophrenics believe they are being followed by the CIA. That their thoughts are being listened to by means of an electronic bug implanted into their brains. Do we need to outlaw the CIA and electronics so those Schizophrenics will not suffer from that particular delusion.

Someone should tell Grandma and her daughter to put down the beers and get some exercise. That would help them avoid heart disease, which they are fifty times (5000%) more likely to die from than homicide by gunman. It would also help them avoid diabetes which they are seven times (700%) more likely to die from than by a gunman. And I don't know where Cirohssis (SP?) of the liver is on the list but there is always that risk. And if grandma and her daughter finish off the case and hop into the car for a beer run then they have a good chance of dying in a drunk wreck.

Exercise of religious rights makes some atheists uncomfortable.
Exercise of free speech makes some politically correct people and some hard-righters uncomfortable.
The fact that it is illegal for the police to profile makes some people uncomfortable.
Exercise of my right to keep and bear arms makes some people uncomfortable.

We can't give up Constitutional rights just because the exercise of those rights makes some delusional people uncomfortable.

Unless you come up with something new I will know you are just baiting and trolling.

I am glad to be here.
ed good #372640 07/14/14 10:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe, what you 'need' is to fear carpal tunnel, and get one uv dem dair autoreply programs. Hey, check your ocare, bet it's covered for those who help rid society of dangers. Hang on, ain't led poisoning illegal already.

Before you stigmatize, make sure the veep doesn't live near by and wasn't just popping a couple off at random. Ya see, rights are malleable, and if a dem or someone in the likeness of a dem causes the fear, then it's unfounded. Maybe, you'll get more mileage barking up the class warfare tree?

ed good #372643 07/14/14 11:30 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

if the number of times people are hit with stray bullets were about the same as the number of times people were hit with stray meteorites, then there would be no point to this. however, there are far more people that are being hit with stray bullets in the metropolitan areas of this country than is acceptable.

besides, we have no way to control meteorites. however, we do have ways to control the misuse of firearms.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #372644 07/14/14 11:35 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed's is this one of your customers trying out the torched POS you sold him ?
There should be a law against crooked hillbilly gun dealers selling time bombs like Ed's

Hillary For Prison 2018
ed good #372647 07/14/14 12:04 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I repeat: The chance of our cause of death being murder by gunman is 1/280. I thought your argument was about the fear caused by the delusion that some people have that they are likely to be shot?. I have shown that that fear is delusional. You haven't countered that argument.

But lets go on with the good we can do if we just eliminate some fundamental constitutional rights.

We can do something about the number one killer- heart disease. As I said you have about a 5000% higher chance of heart disease being your cause of death as murder by gunman. We can require all people to keep their Body Mass Index below 25. So a six foot tall person would be required to keep their weight below 184. We can have a monthly public weigh-in at the county courthouse so we know our new beneficial law is being enforced. We can outlaw the sale of ribeyes, hamburgers, mayonaise, eggs, potato chips, Cheetos, Ding Dongs, Crisco, butter, and margarine. We can outlaw deep-fried foods like french fries and hush puppies. Carbohydrate intake also builds up fat so we can outlaw sugar, Big Gulps, ice cream, sweet tea, pastries, Hershey bars, Snickers, and Peanut M&Ms. We can require our citizens to exercise in front of their computers every morning. This is so we can monitor them with web cams and know they are there exercising. And we can require them to do it for 45 minutes a day, just like in Orwell's "1984".

Then diabetes is a big killer. Most of what we need to legislate to do something about heart disease will also help prevent diabetes.

We should also prohibit alcohol. As I said before liver disease and drunk drivers take a bit toll on us. And much of the murder committed in the US is under the influence of alcohol.

All we have to do to pass all these laws is just repeal a few amendments. Then we will truly have made the country safer, and with much less freedom. And we could justify keeping the Second Amendment because we had saved so many lives by repealing those that kept us from protecting our citizens from themselves.

Or we could get out the message that people are being manipulated by a few politicians, newspapers and news channels and that the chance that their cause of death will be by a murderer with firearm is only 1/280.

I am glad to be here.
ed good #372650 07/14/14 12:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh God, think of the children! If it will save just one life, then it will all be worthwhile.

What a load of slop! Ed, even though you are involved in the gun industry to make a living, you are as misinformed and fearful as it's possible to be.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.