May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (shrapnel, 3 invisible), 373 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,525
Posts545,829
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 59 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
pa:

1. agreed semi autos are here to stay. but must we have so many of them? perhaps when enough of them are misused, like when full autos were in the early thirties, then there will be similar federal restrictions on some semis as well? we already have restrictions on handguns in many north eastern states.

2. agreed, full autos are here too stay and hopefully will continue to be regulated and restricted.

3. restriction and regulation of firearms results when government at all levels deem it necessary to protect the general welfare. if the people disagree, then those laws and rulings will be repealed or left to expire. the federal assault rifle ban is a classic example. however, some states have passed their own firearms bans. that is their right.

4. those may be that facts, but others may still feel better with some restriction on some firearms. it is their right to cause their representatives to pass laws and rulings that make them feel better about almost everything. its about respecting the rights of others. if you do not agree, then lobby for change.

5. I have never attacked the second amendment. discussing the differences in how it may be viewed is not attacking anything.

6. as to hunting...I have my standards. you and others have theirs. I do not impose my standards on others and expect the same respect.

7. so long as I meet my gun sales goals, I am happy.

thanks for your somewhat cordial post. however, you did degrade yourself with some rather juvenile name calling.

Ahhhh, the Northeast.....where handgun crime soars no matter how many restrictive laws the liberal fools pass....One only has to look at New York City and Boston with their handgun restrictions to see that these foolish liberal laws DO NOT WORK..........YOU WOULD PROBABLY HAVE BETTER LUCK OUTLAWING "FILES AND GRINDERS" THAN HANDGUNS, but as many have said, you just "Can't Fix Stupid".......

1. The North Eastern Liberal Bastions CANNOT dictate to the rest of the nation their liberal laws and philosophy.....EVER......

**Out here we carry "loaded hanguns in our auto glovebox and it is NOT considered a concealed weapon".......I wonder why we have zero car jackings and a very low crime rate...?......

2. The liberals who "may feel better" with some firearms restrictions MUST LEARN TO GET THEIR "WARM COZY FEELING" BY ANOTHER MEANS, STARTING WITH FACTS, FACTS AND FACTS....

THESE LIBERALS MUST STUDY REALITY, THE REAL WORLD THEN TRANSFER THAT INFORMATION TO A "WARM AND COZY MENTAL STATE"....ATTACKING AN INANIMATE OBJECT ACCOMPLISHES ZERO AND STUPIDITY THEN THRIVES .........

These liberal North Easterners can either learn the truth about reality and the real world, or buy more teddy bears and barricade themselves inside their apartment high rises, row houses or other place of residence.

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun owners with 9mm pistols don't bother me at all. My buddy has half-a-dozen Czech, French, American and German. I sold my Luger when restrictions tightened pistol-use. I kept my Ruger bull-barrel .22 for my two gun clubs with pistol ranges.

Pistols are regulated in Canada to the point where ownership is not a public issue. In the US, a much different culture concerning gun-ownership tradition and responsibilities, it is a major public issue that will be decided by majority vote as it is doing at state and municipal levels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Whatever the intent of the Second, recreational use of guns is so significant to members that our founding father Dave Weber placed the Second in the masthead of this board. The shooting fraternity is the strongest force for its protection. Do you know any other?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....The shooting fraternity is the strongest force for its protection. Do you know any other?

A bit too vague King, but hopefully the NRA can be included as part of the shooting fraternity. You may know, they're an important component of the voting process and a lightening rod for opposition.

I think this is a very key issue. Wants, likes, feelings and 'recreation' are not enough for even a little bit of protection. It trickles out slowly, but I thank cback for explaining how justifiable it has been to restrict Canadian 'recreation'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

ken: roger that!

but, then its not about linking hunting with the second amendment...its about attacking those who advance ideas that may be different than your own...

so much for cordiality...

Last edited by ed good; 07/10/14 01:27 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Whatever the intent of the Second, recreational use of guns is so significant to members that our founding father Dave Weber placed the Second in the masthead of this board. The shooting fraternity is the strongest force for its protection. Do you know any other?

Where has this sentiment been for the past couple years? Looks like our Second Amendment athiest has suddenly found religion. No Athiests in foxholes, eh King?

If it was coming from any of a thousand other people, I might give them the benefit of doubt and cautiously accept it. Coming from this fraud who has repeatedly lied, obfuscated, changed the subject, disappeared for awhile 'till things die down, ... it's "fool me once, shame on you--- fool me twice, shame on me!

Doing the "Dance of the Gnomoron" and all the other fancy footwork isn't going to work this time.

More of King Brown's anti-Second Amendment/anti/NRA quotes to follow...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....The shooting fraternity is the strongest force for its protection. Do you know any other?

A bit too vague King, but hopefully the NRA can be included as part of the shooting fraternity. You may know, they're an important component of the voting process and a lightening rod for opposition.

I think this is a very key issue. Wants, likes, feelings and 'recreation' are not enough for even a little bit of protection. It trickles out slowly, but I thank cback for explaining how justifiable it has been to restrict Canadian 'recreation'.

Very good points craig! King would be a whole lot more agreeable with the NRA if they would just stop being steadfast about not giving ground to the antis. His comment, "Do you know any other?" does not even acknowledge the NRA as a valid force for protection of our rights. It supports his notion that just going out and shooting at a few ducks is all he ever needed to do to advance and protect the cause in Canada. And believe it... that's all he ever did, for this braggart would have told us he almost won a Nobel Prize had he done anything other than firing a few rounds now and then..

And just where is Canvasback anyway? And just how many times in the past has he raised the dark veil of King's obfuscation, lies, and misinformation about Canadian gun rights, or lack thereof?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I grow weary of this as well...I go for nap now...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
...I go for nap now...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Good idea ed, why don't you sleep on it. Maybe later you can think of a right or two that's being infringed on by folks that want to preserve the right granted under the 2nd Amendment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been reading occasionally but not posting to many of the threads in misfires these days. I'm extremely busy and posting well requires some thought to make sure I'm saying what I mean to say. Additionally IMHO misfires has recently become too much about Ed and King. I don't see everything through the lens of Ed and King nor do I want to. To be honest, I have found misfires boring lately.

So in a nutshell, I haven't had much to add, nor had much time to add it. I'm sure in the future I'll read something here that stirs my creative juices but in the meantime, I'm spending what time I do have when I'm home, fiddling with my guns in anticipation of the upcoming fall season.

I have three guns apart at the moment, with their wood sent off various places for repair and rehabilitation while I carefully inspect the metal for needed work and cleaning. As I said recently to the gentleman repairing two of the stocks....it's nice to get off TDC on these projects. And I just put the finishing touches on a planned quail hunt in the fall with good friends and some family.

How's that for getting off topic! grin

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 13 of 59 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.