May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Kip), 937 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 59 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

notice how some here continue to jump to negative conclusions and present information here about others that is simply not true. for example:

suggesting that we discuss restriction of certain classes of firearms is not the same thing as calling for it.

I am concerned about the over supply of semiautomatic firearms in the hands of the general public.

I never said that "arms" does not include firearms. and I never said that the only arms covered by the second amendment were .69 and .75 caliber muskets.

I have never suggested that the militia no longer exists.

I support the second amendment in principle. I also support the right of all levels of government to restrict and regulate firearms arms as the need dictates. and I rely upon the judicial system to determine if there are any violation of our rights under the second amendment...to bad some others do not feel likewise, as then we could talk about something else....

but, based upon the repeated not cordial posts, aggressive behavior, overt aggression and stupidity, by some who post here, I doubt it.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

OK ed, thanks for settling matters. You are both stupid and dishonest.

You support the right of all levels of government to restrict and regulate firearms... yet say that is not the same as calling for it.

You now claim that you are only concerned about the numbers of "semi-automatic" firearms in the hands of the general public, but what you really said is: "brian: it aint the type of weapons that bother me so much as it is the high numbers of them that are now in the hands of the public." I quoted that entire post verbatim in my last post ed, so anyone can see that you are being dishonest about what you actually said. Too late to edit it now.

You did in fact say that "arms" would not include firearms... but as I noted, you edited that part out. You also removed your reference to .69 and .76 cal muskets and changed it to this:

Originally Posted By: ed good
"In regard to the 1st Amendment it really only applied to the facilities available at it's inception. These were primarily issuing broadsides and orating from stumps. Therefore ALL other forms of communication that have evolved since should be exempt from 1st Amendment protection."

sxs: careful, if that same interpretation was applied to the second amendment as well...and I could have only one gun, it would be a brown bess...what about you?

Edited by ed good (Yesterday at 09:00 AM)

You have edited quite a bit in this thread actually, as has already been noted by one of the participants. You can drop a load of shit and then come back and scrape it up... but the stain is still there, as is the smell. It was in the "sxs: careful..." sentence. That sentence does not even flow well or make sense since you changed it. Nice try though. Now you want to lie about what you said and say that I am agressive, not cordial, and jumping to negative conclusions for merely repeating your own words.

There is absolutely no reason to ever discuss restriction of certain classes of firearms unless you are proposing conceding more ground to the anti-gunners. All of the discussions you have attempted to initiate suggest just that.

You can lie, you can deny, and you can edit to your hearts content. I am not the only one who has seen and who knows what you have said here. I have formed the opinion that you are an anti-gun/anti-Second Amendment troll. But it has become obvious, in my opinion, that you are every bit the liar that King Brown has shown us to be time and time again. It's disgusting that you have to stoop so low and resort to lies. Civilized men don't act like that. Low class white trash men resort to those methods. Do a better job of covering your tracks the next time you try to lie to us.

You say you simply wish to have discussions? Who in hell wants to discuss anything with liars?

Lying birds of a feather stick together. Your unholy alliance with King makes perfect sense now.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

notice how some here continue to jump to negative conclusions and present information here about others that is simply not true. for example:

suggesting that we discuss restriction of certain classes of firearms is not the same thing as calling for it.

I am concerned about the over supply of semiautomatic firearms in the hands of the general public.

I never said that "arms" does not include firearms. and I never said that the only arms covered by the second amendment were .69 and .75 caliber muskets.

I support the second amendment in principle. I also support the right of all levels of government to restrict and regulate firearms arms as the need dictates. and I rely upon the judicial system to determine if there are any violation of our rights under the second amendment...to bad some others do not feel likewise, as then we could talk about something else....

but, based upon the repeated not cordial posts, aggressive behavior, overt aggression and stupidity, by some who post here, I doubt it.

I just thought it would be a good idea to quote what you said in your own words before you do another editing job and then claim that I am lying.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

ed, you bring all the ill feelings upon yourself. You usually only open your mouth to change feet.

1. - Semi Automatic firearms are here to stay, from the lowly Winchester model 63 .22 & Browning .22 semi-auto's up to and including the BAR's, .50 caliber semi-auto rifles that are now so popular. This includes all varieties of semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic shotguns.........

2. - Fully Automatic guns are here to stay for those that wish to enjoy them and collect them AS THEY SHOULD. A close friend of mine who collects all MODELS of the old Vickers machine guns and has over 30 or so, including aircraft mounted, tripod mounted and hand held. He also built a 100 % scale Sopwith Camel airplane from original plans and mounted an original Vickers machine gun on it with the prop interrupter gear on the original Le Rhone 9J rotary engine. He fires blanks with it at airshows. Lot's of Americans take part in these types of activities with fully automatic weapons.

3. - Anybody, who approves and condones the "right of ALL LEVELS of the government to RESTRICT AND REGULATE FIREARMS AS THE NEED DICTATES" IS AN IDIOT IN MY BOOK. With over 20,000 gun laws on the books which are not enforced properly, what advantage does more useless punishing legislation do for the American Sportsman or a single female carrying for protection OR ANYBODY ELSE THAT COLLECTS, SHOOTS OR OWNS FIREARMS......?

4. - Somehow, Sometime, Somewhere, idiots who support firearm restrictions need to UNDERSTAND THAT NEARLY ALL OF THE FIREARM CRIMES ARE COMMITTED WITH ILLEGAL GUNS, EITHER STOLEN, BLACK MARKET STREET SALE WEAPONS WITH NO SERIAL NUMBERS, STRAW PURCHASE WEAPONS AND SO FORTH.....There are reams and reams of data that prove beyond any reasonable doubt exactly where these guns come from, just look at the F.B.I. and other law enforcement data/graphs/charts etc. Look at all the data that the NRA has put forward as public information. Only a "Mushroom" would not comprehend the cause, the reasoning and the end results of these detailed studies and data tracking.

5. - You waste every members time by posting your continual tirade of b.s. attacking the Second Amendment or making ridiculous statements about modifying any existing gun laws or adding any more ridiculous restrictive gun laws which WILL NOT CHANGE, MODIFY OR ENHANCE THE REDUCTION IN CRIME...AT ANY LEVEL......PERIOD. All because you have some overwhelming concern about who has what, which is none of your business, when speaking of firearms. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, THE PEOPLE WHO PURCHASE FIREARMS LEGALLY OVER THE COUNTER OR BY OTHER LEGAL MEANS, "DO NOT" COMIT FIREARMS CRIMES. LOOK AT THE DATA. The data has been posted on this BBS for years, for all to see....

6. - Your firearms opinions are very similar to your hunting opinions, or so you have said over the years on this board, it is o.k. to shoot this, but not o.k. to shoot that......who in the hell are you to determine or reprimand sportsman hunting legally in their geographical area for any game bird, animal, pest or other wildlife. I think local Division of Wildlife Agencies have a much better grasp on "what should and can be hunted" than ed goods opinionated conservation attempts.

7. - We all know you like attention, and try hard to attract attention and must have no life, but please get real.....enough is enough ed. You are pissing again in your own bed.

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed is not the only person against (semi)automatic firearms, he has support from this eloquent fellow;

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/20...utomatic-Weapon

I wonder what Al's views on CCH are.

Jim H.
Sidelock
Sidelock

pa:

1. agreed semi autos are here to stay. but must we have so many of them? perhaps when enough of them are misused, like when full autos were in the early thirties, then there will be similar federal restrictions on some semis as well? we already have restrictions on handguns in many north eastern states.

2. agreed, full autos are here too stay and hopefully will continue to be regulated and restricted.

3. restriction and regulation of firearms results when government at all levels deem it necessary to protect the general welfare. if the people disagree, then those laws and rulings will be repealed or left to expire. the federal assault rifle ban is a classic example. however, some states have passed their own firearms bans. that is their right.

4. those may be that facts, but others may still feel better with some restriction on some firearms. it is their right to cause their representatives to pass laws and rulings that make them feel better about almost everything. its about respecting the rights of others. if you do not agree, then lobby for change.

5. I have never attacked the second amendment. discussing the differences in how it may be viewed is not attacking anything.

6. as to hunting...I have my standards. you and others have theirs. I do not impose my standards on others and expect the same respect.

7. so long as I meet my gun sales goals, I am happy.

thanks for your somewhat cordial post. however, you did degrade yourself with some rather juvenile name calling.

Last edited by ed good; 07/10/14 11:46 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's a distinction between preference, tolerance and "against" semi-automatics. A safe guess is most double gun members prefer doubles. I prefer doubles and easily accommodate those who use semis. I'm not against their use.

I think of above-22 calibre efficacy in semi hunting rifles as more of novelty; not for nothing were most of us started on singles, making the first shot count. My Ruger .250-3000 and CZ 7 X 57 are all I use on deer and moose.

None---not one---of my buddies believes larger loads and barrages of shot and bullet enhances the experience or results. Nor would they restrict their use. One size doesn't fit all.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

pa:

1. agreed semi autos are here to stay. but must we have so many of them? perhaps when enough of them are misused, like when full autos were in the early thirties, then there will be similar federal restrictions on some semis as well?

2. agreed, full autos are here too stay and hopefully will continue to be regulated and restricted.

3. restriction and regulation of firearms results when government at all levels deem it necessary to protect the general welfare. if the people disagree, then those laws and rulings will be repealed of left to expire. the federal assault rifle ban is a classic example. however, some states have passed their own ban. that is their right.

4. those may be that facts, but others still feel better with some restriction on some firearms. it is their right to cause their representatives to pass laws and rulings that make them feel better about almost everything. its about respecting the rights of others. if you do not then lobby for change.

5. I have never attacked the second amendment.

You say you have never attacked the Second Amendment... re-read the first four points you made here dimwit. Everyone of them is or would be an infringement upon the Second Amendment. The change you speak of lobbying for would have to be either a repeal or change to the Second Amendment. Anything else is an infringement on our existing rights. The infringements we have now came to be because of people like you and King Brown. You are promoting the weakening of our rights... one step at a time. That's like saying an attack on New Hampshire is not an attack on the United States.

Tell your buddy King that the topic of this thread is his anti-Second Amendment/anti-NRA proclivities. We don't care what his preferences in shotguns or .22's are.

Sidelock
Sidelock

king: what is your feeling about the general public having millions and millions of 9mm or larger semi auto handguns, in their possession?

the only thing scarier than that to me is, that same general public also having free access to millions and millions of multi ton automobiles that can easily exceed speeds of 60 mph or more. woe to those who find themselves in front of one of those things with a distracted driver at the wheel.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why does posters on this thread continually try to link the Second Amendment to hunting? The Second Amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Page 12 of 59 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.