May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jeremy Pearce, canvasback, Bill Davis, Toby Barclay), 966 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,526
Posts545,839
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 59 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

Posting dimensions of US religious is not demonizing and bigotry, any more than if I had written that Americans only accepted 50-some years ago that a Catholic could be president and not accept his orders from the pope. Unusual to say the least but hardly bigotry and demonizing. Facts. Get a grip.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Comrade King, you miss my point.

You equated faith-based beliefs to anti-intellectualism. Which of course THEY ARE, that's why it's called "Faith". The difference is whether or not they are sociopathically inflicted upon others against their will. They one's you cited are not, the one's you hold certainly are. So, you're truly the anti-intellectual, unconstitutional, religious, BIGOT.

One of the biggest statist religious sociopathic scams going on is man-made global warming, based on CO2 carbon-forcing mythology. Despite being constantly scientifically refuted, the statists continue to spread the myth, and won't even try to discuss the science. Typical sociopathic religious reaction. Demonize the evil nonbelievers!

Squeal away, you little statist religious bigot, you...

Last edited by Ken61; 07/09/14 08:01 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

brian: alas, also, notice that when one takes exception with the narrow views of some here, instead of responding with civil discourse, one is instead subjected to grade school yard name calling and bullying, including the vilest of innuendo, such as that above posted by ken against king...childish and disappointing that supposed adults conduct themselves in such a juvenile uncivil manner...here.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

an brian, by the way, I don't really know or care what they are talking about...but, its ken's tone that is so disturbing to me...how do you have civil discourse with that?

Last edited by ed good; 07/09/14 09:03 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

there seem to be few gentle men left here.

Last edited by ed good; 07/09/14 09:05 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, you're funny.

My posts are a reaction against those whose beliefs deprive their fellow citizens of their constitutionally protected Freedom, Liberty, and Equality. Of course I react forcefully, as well as intellectually. If that disturbs you, I suggest you "grow up" and take responsibility for your actions and views. If you profess views that are inflictive upon others, you should expect a philosophical smack-down. Stop sniveling. Man-up, Buck-up, and attempt to take it like a Man.

Last edited by Ken61; 07/09/14 10:03 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
Ed, you're funny....

Funny thing to me. He has a three in a row running conversation with himself, and he's not all that civil. Then he edits a couple of his comments, yup that helped a bunch.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In the words of pitchman Ron Popeil, "Wait, there's more!"

In this case, it's more anti-Second Amendment lies and bullshit from King Brown:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Looked up Levin in Wikipedia. Seems like some of my conservative friends. His book on the Court confirms my loosey-goosey characterization of its deliberations. Change and change again, nothing sacred or inviolable, eh?

"Men In Black: How The Supreme Court is Destroying America
Levin authored the 2005 book Men In Black: How The Supreme Court Is Destroying America, in which he advanced his thesis that activist judges on the Supreme Court (from all parts of the political spectrum) have "legislated from the bench." In a review of Men in Black, Commentary magazine's Dan Seligman wrote that Levin asks readers "to identify with 'originalists' who look to the text of the Constitution and the intent of its framers, and to reject the 'activists' who construe the Constitution broadly and are more concerned with getting to their own 'desired outcomes'."

That seems to put him at odds with the NRA-promoted amendment. Senator Stevens, a Republican appointee who served for 35 years on the Court with mostly Republican appointees and under three Republican chief justices, argues for amendments that would reduce the role of federal courts in American political life; in other words, amendments to entrench judicial restraint.

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

Want to hear what Mark Levin really has to say about the meaning and purpose of the Second Amendment? Take 5 minutes to listen to this:

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-the-...cal-government/

Of course, Mr. Levin realizes that the individual right to bear arms and the right of self defense are merely affirmed by the 2nd Amendment, but granted by the God that King does not believe in.

And Justice John Paul Stevens? Again we have King dishonestly attempting to characterize another Justice as a Conservative when it is well known that he was another major disappointment to Conservatives and the President who nominated him. He turned quite Liberal and most often sided with the Liberal Left wing of the Court, reaffirming Roe v. Wade and strongly supporting affirmative action. Stevens was not asked about Roe v. Wade at his confirmation hearings, so it is unknown how he felt on that when appointed.

Stevens voted with the Liberal Left minority in both Heller and McDonald. Now retired, he is preaching for a rewrite of the Second Amendment and strongly believes that the decisions in Heller and McDonald were wrong. Steven wants to add five words to the Second Amendment... the right of the People to keep and bear arms when serving in the militia shall not be infringed. Of course, the Liberal Left will insist that there no longer is a Militia... thus, the Constitutional RKBA is obsolete. Little steps. Lies, and chipping away at it. That's the plan. And little foot-soldiers like King and ed are right here trying to make it happen.

But this illustrates King Brown's frequent dishonesty. It kind of reminds us of how OWD (Obsessed With Doubles) attempted to deceive us about Justice Elena Kagan's anti-gun fervor when she was nominated. Our anti-Second Amendment Liberals just say anything and hope that no one checks the facts. The ends justify the means, and lies and deception are just part of the game.

Then there's ed and Jagermeister who, even after all of this, will still say there are no anti-Second Amendment guys here. They would stand by their Libtard friend if we had a video of King pouring gasoline on the Constitution and setting it ablaze.

Stay tuned... there's lots more!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

jager: well, now there are three of us anti gunners...welcome to this exclusive club...

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ed, are you really going to deny that you have many times called for restrictions on semi-autos and high capacity magazines such as Jagermeisters AKM with his 30 rd. mags.? And didn't you also say you are concerned about the large number of guns in the U.S.? And didn't you question the definition of "arms" in the Second Amendment and say that "arms" did not mean firearms... and that the only arms covered would be .69 and .75 cal. muskets? (That's one part you edited out, but we remember) How about the Militia ed? Haven't you been dissecting the Militia of the Second Amendment looking for some way to say it no longer exists... even though the Supreme Court recognizes it and a pre-existing individual right to bear arms for both personal and national defense?

Originally Posted By: ed good
brian: yep, that seems to do it. but, it don't clearly define what the unorganized militia consists of...so that is left to interpretation in the context of a "well regulated militia".

in the context of the times, a well regulated militia, could be defined as local volunteer militia companies, organized by captains holding state commissions. guess the closes thing we have to that today are volunteer fire companies...

too bad, it don't say somewhere that the militia also consists of citizen civilians, who are not necessarily well regulated. you know, like guys like me.

Originally Posted By: ed good
brian: it aint the type of weapons that bother me so much as it is the high numbers of them that are now in the hands of the public...about a half dozen north eastern states have severe restrictions on the possession of hand guns. I see you are from ny as was I until 1998. so, we are both familiar with the Sullivan law...in my opinion, laws that restrict ownership of firearms are geared to limit the number of firearms in the hands of the general public. the theory being, that if there are less guns out there, then there will be less misuse of guns...logically, that makes sense to me. but, one could also use that same logic to limit public possession of other things that are misused, such as automobiles. now, that would be an even harder sell than gun control.

Are you either that dishonest or are you that stupid that you don't even know or remember what you post here? Skim over your posts in this thread and show us where I'm wrong.

I didn't call Jagermeister an anti-gunner ed. But he too would have to be either dishonest or very stupid to not see the anti-Second Amendment beliefs that you, King, and several other trolls ascribe to. And King too... there's another honest Boy Scout who claims he has never seen an anti-gun guy anywhere on this Forum.

So just what do you call a liar?

I don't expect you to answer this ed. I just wanted to show folks how dishonest or mentally ill you and your fellow anti-gunners are.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 11 of 59 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.