May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Kip), 937 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 59 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed,
read Title 10 U.S.C. 311 - Militia: composition and classes.
it clearly defines what the militia is.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

During WW2 thru Korean War there were more than 5.5 Million M1s produced and more than 6.5 Million M1 Carbines produced. Over the course of the next 30 years (up to the age of the AR which pretty much started to get big in the late 80s) millions of these were sold on the US market to civilians, through commercial channels, the CMP and other sources. Funny how you never heard of the guy with an M1 Carbine and some 30 round mags (todays parlance: assault rifle and a bunch of high capacity magazines ) going off and shooting a bunch of people. They were available then in great numbers with even less restrictions and it didnt happen.
Its not the weapon and magazines that fosters these murders, its more of the mental health issues that have manifested themselves in society since the whole mainstreaming movement that started after Geraldo Rivera made his bones with his expose on Willowbrook and the issues with the mentally ill.
What about the Mini 14? Takes hi-cap mags. You dont hear anything about them? Why? Because they dont have the look. Thats the basis of the assault weapon banning craze. These AR15s look evil.
Dont believe me, just look at NY SAFE Act. The current NY SAFE Act compliant AR is the same mechanism as before with no pistol grip and no muzzle brake. Thats it in a nutshell. Oh. Our illustrious governor decided that ARs are evil and hi cap mags are too. So he made it so that you had to register you r rifles but you had to sell your magazines out of state. If they were that dangerous, why did he basically tell the other 49 states, F you, as long as these arent in NY, I dont care if the dangerous Hi cap mags flood your states. Thats your problem now suckers!!! If Andrew Cuomo was as compassionate as he claims he is, he would have had NY buy them up from everyone to prevent these evil, dangerous magazines from causing any more harm. But in typical liberal hypocrisy, he didnt.

Hey all you anti gunners here,
And this is straight form the CDC,
January 12, 2012
A new condition made CDC's most recent top causes of death list, squeezing out one 45-year mainstay.
For the reportwhich presents preliminary findingsCDC researchers analyzed data from state vital statistics offices. They found that 2,465,936 U.S. residents died in 2010, bringing the death rate to 798.7 per 100,000 residents, 0.5% higher than the 2009 death rate. After accounting for age distribution changes, the U.S. death rate reached a record low of 746.2 per 100,000 U.S. residents in 2010.
The top 15 causes of death in the US. Note that Assault weapons arent there. In fact the CDC has dropped murder form the top 15.
If you look you will see that a great number of the 15 top causes can be prevents by outlawing certain foods, beverages, product that are detrimental to ones health. But the government wont do that. Just take away our guns instead to try and affect a miniscule portion of what ails the population. Lets ignore all of the real dangers to the people and focus on the one that is icky.
According to the analysis, heart disease (#1) and cancer (#2) remained the top killers and accounted for more than half of the nation's deaths in 2010.
These two killed more than 1.2 MILLION people in the US in 2012. Yet we dont outlaw cigarettes, tobacco products which are the product used by so many that die from these two diseases.
The other conditions that rounded out the top 15 list include:
3. Lower respiratory diseases;
4. Stroke and related cerebrovascular diseases;
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries);
6. Alzheimer's disease;
7. Diabetes;
8. Kidney diseases;
9. Influenza and pneumonia;
10. Suicide;
11. Septicemia;
12. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis; (ALCOHOL, why y isnt it outlawed?)
13. Hypertension and related renal disease;
14. Parkinson's disease; and
15. Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids.

There are far more conditions and items that need the attention of the government if they truly want to reduce deaths in the US. Firearms of any kind dont even come close to the needed level of scrutiny that the above conditions would indicate.

So Ed, King, here are a few questions for you
1. What do you consider reasonable restrictions on constitutional rights?
2. What do you think would be an effective law that would impact the use of firearms for illegal purposes yet not restrict law abiding citizens.
3. Do you think that restricting the constitutional rights of those who have done nothing wrong is acceptable to address acts being committed by criminals? In other words, do you support the theory and practice of being considered guilty until proven innocent?
4. Would you support a system that registers all persons convicted of a felony into a single data base and require them to have an ID card that shows them being a convicted felon?

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

brian: yep, that seems to do it. but, it don't clearly define what the unorganized militia consists of...so that is left to interpretation in the context of a "well regulated militia".

in the context of the times, a well regulated militia, could be defined as local volunteer militia companies, organized by captains holding state commissions. guess the closes thing we have to that today are volunteer fire companies...

too bad, it don't say somewhere that the militia also consists of citizen civilians, who are not necessarily well regulated. you know, like guys like me.

Last edited by ed good; 07/09/14 02:04 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Brian,

ed has told us that he merely skims what he reads... and it has become obvious that he cannot comprehend what he skims, or claims to skim.

I don't think he actually even looks at any links or proof we might take the time to provide for him. It is obvious that he has his preconceived anti-gun/anti-Second Amendment notions, and no amount of proof or logic is going to change his mind.

I dedicated this thread to King Brown's many anti-2nd Amendment statements, but this post from ed is just more proof that, while King is the major international player who puts forth the most effort to undermine our gun rights... he is not alone.

We have a number of anti-gun trolls. Nearly every gun forum does. It is important to identify them and neutralize their subversions. When they prosper, our rights become diminished.

As I said earlier today, no sense wasting a good and thoughtful reply on an anti-gun idiot! But I do appreciate the fact that ed is keeping my thread about King Brown's many anti-Second Amendment/anti-NRA statements at the top of the page. And he's reminding everyone that he is another of our anti-gun trolls. Great when a plan comes together.

His buddy King is likely hanging out with his new friends, the Koch Brothers, as he hopes this thread fades into obscurity. Well, it's not... thanks to ed. And when it does, I'll be there to add another of King's anti-Second Amendment quotes to bring it back to life!

Will that visionary, Dave W., who has done so much to promote the shooting sports and lawful ownership of firearms, come to King's rescue... or will he finally see that King and ed and a few other anti-gun/anti- Second Amendment/anti-NRA/anti-lead ammunition trolls are the antithesis of what he believes and loves?

What say you King? Want to ask him... or will you simply hope this all fades away as it always has?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

brian: it aint the type of weapons that bother me so much as it is the high numbers of them that are now in the hands of the public...about a half dozen north eastern states have severe restrictions on the possession of hand guns. I see you are from ny as was I until 1998. so, we are both familiar with the Sullivan law...in my opinion, laws that restrict ownership of firearms are geared to limit the number of firearms in the hands of the general public. the theory being, that if there are less guns out there, then there will be less misuse of guns...logically, that makes sense to me. but, one could also use that same logic to limit public possession of other things that are misused, such as automobiles. now, that would be an even harder sell than gun control.

Last edited by ed good; 07/09/14 03:45 PM.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

See, now it isn't the type of weapons which bother ed, but the high numbers of them. He wishes to restrict the number of guns we may buy or own. Sound familiar?

I'll bet he'd have a problem if someone proposed restricting sales of bitched-up torch colored shotguns which have a leaf or sprig of parsley in the backround of the Gunbroker pictures.

We have told the several anti-gun trolls here numerous times that while the sheer number of guns in the U.S. has risen astronomically since Bill Clinton took office... especially so-called assault type guns... the incidence of murder and violent gun crime has fallen dramatically.

None of this matters to our anti-gun trolls. None of this matters to our anti-gun administration. They still look at the awful situation they created in Chicago and other places and blame the inanimate object. They simply want to gradually disarm us... right down to the last single-shot muzzleloader.

ed and King Brown & Co. are just too stupid to see that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
....that seems to do it. but, it don't clearly define what the unorganized militia consists of...so that is left to interpretation in the context of a "well regulated militia"....

....too bad, it don't say somewhere that the militia also consists of citizen civilians, who are not necessarily well regulated. you know, like guys like me.

Maybe we could cut to your chase, let's just call a well regulated militia, criminals. 'Sep for the will to enforce, does that make you 'feel' better.

Don't worry to much if you'd rather feel more regulated, I'm sure more is to come. Are you comfortable though being lumped in with criminals, isn't it a crime to use firearms illegally. Hey, there's a thought, stage some buses at malls so after they get shot up, the shooters can dropped off at the next mall with a note pinned to their shirt saying that they should show up for their hearing in six months.

Sidelock
Sidelock

brian: here are my answers to your questions above:

1. in my view there are no reasonable restrictions on our constitutional rights...except those imposed on us by the supreme court of the land.

2. a law that may impact the use of firearms for illegal purposes would include mandatory severe prison sentences for those convicted of criminal possession and misuse of firearms. otherwise, all laws restricting the possession of firearms restrict law abide citizens, as well as criminals.

3. as good citizens we sometimes need to give up some of our rights to promote the general welfare. for example, much of our environmental practices would not be viable without the willing cooperation of good citizens. we have the right to throw our trash out the window, but good citizens do not do that.

4. yes, and I believe we do have that now, in the form of the nics system which is used by most ffl dealers for background checks. I think that is a good idea. primarily, because it makes it possible for dealers like myself to sell firearms nationwide to people they do not know and have never seen, with reasonable assurance that the firearms that pass through their hands will not be transferred to criminals.

Sidelock
Sidelock

an brian: as you are from ny and are patiently waiting for the opening of grouse season, I would love to trade ny grouse huntin stories with you...I hunted grouse mostly in eastern and central ny state in the seventies and eighties...the nineties were a low period in the cycle in ny, so I moved my hunting activities to north eastern and north central pa...sadly, there are few birds left in new england, except for northern maine. besides, I am retired now, but have many fond memories that I would love to share with you and other fellow grouse hunters.

Last edited by ed good; 07/09/14 03:00 PM.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Brian, ed's answers above are either lies, or he is more mentally ill that it appears.

1.) He keeps proposing additional restrictions on the types and numbers of guns which may be bought or owned by law abiding gun owners.

2.) He ignores the fact that there are penalties for violation of present firearms laws, and ignores the fact that the Obama Justice dept. refuses to prosecute even a tiny fraction of convicted felons who attempt to buy guns, but are stopped by the NICS check.

3.)Which Constitutional Amendment or right did we give up when the States passed anti-littering laws? This is just more evidence of illiteracy.

4.) see no.2 above. Backround checks on the law abiding are nothing more than a smokescreen, and a precursor to Registration.
See Haynes vs. the U.S. to understand this. Not you ed... you couldn't comprehend it anyway.

And if I was a N.Y. State Grouse hunter, I wouldn't give an anti-gunner like ed the dirt off my dog's paws.

Page 8 of 59 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.