May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jeremy Pearce, Jtplumb, AWOLF, Ian Forrester, 2 invisible), 1,016 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,847
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 59 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 58 59
Sidelock
Sidelock

keith: I just cant be bothered trying to communicate with you. you are just too irrational for me.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for bringing my thread about King Brown's anti-Second Amendment statements and actions back to the top. Dumbass.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
mike: it is true that the militias used the same firearms as the regular army. specifically 69 and 75 caliber smoothbore muskets...but the second amendment don't say nuttin about firearms. is just says arms, which could very well include all types of weapons, including, knives, swords, spears and bows, etc. the wording of the second amendment is precise, so we all know we have the right to keep and bear arms. but what those arms are is left to interpretation, in the context of a well regulated milita...course now we get into what is a well regulated militia? that is not defined anywhere in the constitution that I am aware of.

I do like this line of logic from Constitutional Scholar ed good. We can apply it to other Amendments as well!

Since English was the language of common usage at the time of the Bill of Rights, we can ban or limit other languages under the First Amendment. Only English speech would be covered under the free speech clause. We could legally pass the equivalent of a NFA of 1934 and enact a $200.00 tax on every Spanish language sign in Home Depot or Lowes, and totally ban Spanish language TV broadcasts, since there were none in 1789.

We could also put a $200.00 transfer tax on aborted fetuses since abortion was not legal or practiced at the time of the Constitution. Hey, why not make it $20,000 and use the money to pare down the defecit?

We could logically have warrantless searches and siezures of computers since there was no such technology in 1789. This would especially apply to computers with Spanish or Muslim content on their hard drives. What kind of sick stuff is on your hard drive ed?

Hell, we could ban or strictly regulate all electronic communications, for as ed would agree, the First amendment don't say nuttin' about TV's, radios, or computers.

And of course, it is true that the Constitution does not anywhere define what a well regulated Militia consists of. All we have is the original intent of the Framers... and this... the 10th Amendment:

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

How utterly inconvenient for dumbasses who only skim instead of reading and comprehending.

As an aside, I wonder where the anti-Second Amendment fraud King Brown went. He's probably hanging out with his new buddies, the Koch brothers.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Furthermore:
In regard to the 1st Amendment it really only applied to the facilities available at it's inception. These were primarily issuing broadsides and orating from stumps. Therefore ALL other forms of communication that have evolved since should be exempt from 1st Amendment protection.
The is the same dumb argument the Libtards use when the claim that modern personal weaponery couldn't have been envisioned back them so it should be exempt from 2nd Amendment protection as well.
This is why I have quit responding to anything these idiots bring up because their arguments when they even have then are lamebrained.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"In regard to the 1st Amendment it really only applied to the facilities available at it's inception. These were primarily issuing broadsides and orating from stumps. Therefore ALL other forms of communication that have evolved since should be exempt from 1st Amendment protection."

sxs: careful, if that same interpretation was applied to the second amendment as well...and I could have only one gun, it would be a brown bess...what about you?

Last edited by ed good; 07/09/14 10:00 AM.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Look at the brilliance of Constitutionl Scholar and anti-gun-- gun dealer, ed good! He has reaffirmed the point I made about the dangers of attempting to modify any of the Bill of Rights Amendments to suit his own personal whims and biases.

If he thinks the government should be able to restrict the kind of weapons we use because they did not exist during the Revolutionary war period, then using the same logic, we could search ed's computer hard drive without a warrant, or even banish Teleprompters.

And without a Teleprompter, Obama would never have gotten through his first Primary vote, let alone become the first mulatto president. ed and King's hero Obama would have come off as the stuttering stumblebum cocaine burn-out he is... although only someone who is dillusional or dishonest could possibly characterize him as either cerebral or eloquent... which reminds me... where is our dillusional and dishonest Nova Scotian anyway???

Thanks again for moving this thread back to the top ed. Folks need to know who the Anti-Gunners among us are!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
....careful, if that same interpretation was applied to the second amendment as well...and I could have only one gun, it would be a brown bess....

Not to worry, I'm sure some one with a pen would only trim out the semi autos. So, yes, you can have a bess, race neutral. There should be ever more fees, taxes and haz mat hoops to jump through, cuz the crooks don't have to. Oh, I'm sorry, you don't want the bess do you. Hmmm, that may be a problem, we can process that request over in our criminal division.

Sidelock
Sidelock

nother interesting theory about the first amendment:

one has the right to speak, but one does not have the right to be heard...

not sure how I feel about that? how bout you?

Sidelock
Sidelock

ZZZZZZZZZ, ooops, hang on, not my nap yet. Thank you, I feel good, and yourself.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Great answer craig... more than adequate for someone like ed who only has the intellect to skim without comprehension anyway.

No sense wasting a good and thoughtful reply on an anti-gun idiot! But I do appreciate the fact that ed is keeping my thread about King Brown's many anti-Second Amendment/anti-NRA statements at the top of the page. And he's reminding everyone that he is another of our anti-gun trolls. Great when a plan comes together.

His buddy King is likely hanging out with his new friends, the Koch Brothers, as he hopes this thread fades into obscurity. Well, it's not... thanks to ed. And when it does, I'll be there to add another of King's anti-Second Amendment quotes to bring it back to life!

Will that visionary, Dave W., who has done so much to promote the shooting sports and lawful ownership of firearms, come to King's rescue... or will he finally see that King and ed and a few other anti-gun/anti- Second Amendment/anti-NRA/anti-lead ammunition trolls are the antithesis of what he believes and loves?

What say you King? Want to ask him... or will you simply hope this all fades away as it always has?

Page 7 of 59 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 58 59

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.