April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 391 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, my answer to Brian is in the first sentence post 371040 Page 5 within a half-hour of Brian posting his question, plus my view of Brian's second-point about Obama's extemporaneous/teleprompter deliveries.

Attaching eloquent/cerebral to Obama is common, including recently in Maclean's, Canada's most popular national magazine. Question answered succinctly with alacrity, sourced, ship-shape in military fashion for Brian.

Your conjecture again is faulty. Ease up on your hand-wringing apoplectic rhetoric. The United States isn't going to hell. Americans won't let it happen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

and guys, in the real world where results count more than rhetoric, ob is our twice elected pres...he did not get where he is and stay there without the talent to do so...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Or the majority of Americans who preferred him to what the GOP had to offer. I'm beholden, too. Last time he filled the College so quickly I was in bed before 11.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Or the majority of Americans who preferred him to what the GOP had to offer. I'm beholden, too. Last time he filled the College so quickly I was in bed before 11.

Yeah, but we have buyer's remorse. This is from today's Wall Street Journal: http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/07/02/poll-suggests-a-reprieve-for-romney/?mod=wsj_nview_latest

"A national Quinnipiac poll out Wednesday found that 45% of registered voters say the U.S. would be better off today had Mr. Romney won the 2012 presidential election. Conversely, 38% say America is better off today than it would be had Mr. Romney prevailed."

Here is the poll the WSJ articles references:

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-event...?ReleaseID=2056

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for that, Mike. Reputable sources. Polls indicate temperature. It wouldn't surprise me if Romney got the nod again. He is a decent man from all accounts. His Achille's heel last time was not appearing to know what he stood for. An easy fix if he's not pulled in every direction. I'd be delighted if the chosen has a strong mandate.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Brian, you got the where... a Liberal Canadian magazine of all things. But not the who... not that it matters, because there are a plethora of Libtards who still pee their pants like an over-excited puppy at the mere thought of Obama. King is one of them.

But welcome to our world of debate with the Burger King (Home of the Whoppers), where lies, deception, and the Dance of the Gnomoron (that's an evasive maneuver Libtards utilize to dance around or away from a tough question) are King's modus operandi.

Here's a link to a Poll that came out today which ranked Obama the worst president since WWII. Jimmy Carter is smiling today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...g-new-poll.html

Oh, King still will not even broach the subject of widespread voter fraud in the last two presidential elections. In spite of North Carolina voting machines that registered Romney selections for Obama, Univ. of Wisconsin students hacking into electronic voting machines, many voting precincts showing more than 100% of registered voters voting, dead and infirm Democrats voting en mass, and Hamilton County, Ohio Board of Election workers admitting to voting for Obama multiple times. The ends justify the means to King and most other Libtards. Just repeat a lie often enough and it becomes accepted as true.

Lies and dishonesty are just part of the game. Now you too are mean and uncivil, just for having the temerity to ask King the questions. Did you notice King's response to Jim yesterday where he found a loophole in the oath of office that says Obama will preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution to the "BEST of HIS ABILITY". And this is his "BEST", at least in his mind... so it's OK. It bears repeating so I found it and place it here in the Burger King's own words, from post #371140:

With respect, you tend to believe the written as something sacrosanct as it appears in the Constitution and other bills. Look at the Oath you posted: It says only that the president will do to "the best of my ability" to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. What he determines "best"---wrongly or rightly.

How utterly disgusting and childish. This is like, "You crossed your heart, and hoped to die"... but wait... "That don't count 'cause I had my fingers crossed behind my back." Except this shit is coming from an 80+ year old man.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Romney does appear to be a decent man...perhaps too decent for the job?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, my answer to Brian is in the first sentence post 371040 Page 5 within a half-hour of Brian posting his question, plus my view of Brian's second-point about Obama's extemporaneous/teleprompter deliveries.

Attaching eloquent/cerebral to Obama is common, including recently in Maclean's, Canada's most popular national magazine. Question answered succinctly with alacrity, sourced, ship-shape in military fashion for Brian.

Your conjecture again is faulty. Ease up on your hand-wringing apoplectic rhetoric. The United States isn't going to hell. Americans won't let it happen.

King ,
I must be blind. Please guide me to your answer to my question that you said appears in your first sentence within half an hour of my posting on page 5.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

With all the incoming, it's a wonder we can find anything. I had to scratch around to find it myself: Your question is on Page 5 #371032, followed by posts from me, Jim, craig, Fox and then my answer #371040 to you, starting "Similar references are common, Brian."

Although I can't think of a more cerebral or eloquent president than Obama in the last generation---some a bit of each but not both, maybe, and Clinton impressed me with his familiarity with what seemed all the files---those attributes don't necessarily make a good or great president.

A silver tongue and brains to burn may work in the military with regulations and rigid discipline to back them up, but from my experience in public affairs it takes exceptional staff and very sophisticated social skills to make things work. Ike is the general I admire most because he had it all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King,
There is nothing there that answers my question of you.
Again, I ask who you are referring to with this statement.
“ Obama is considered the most cerebral and eloquent American leader in a generation.”
This statement infers that this is a commonly held consensus which has nothing to support it. I only asked from where does this observation come from? Who holds and promulgates this belief.
Your response to me I in a subsequent post does not answer that question in any way. Are you actually saying that you consider him the most cerebral? If so, say so. But a broad statement like this indicates a general consensus wherein the majority supports the belief. It is a declarative statement, not an observation or opinion. There is noting that couches the statement to clarify or put in context so there lies my inquiry.
Who believes, supports and publicizes this belief; Names????
I am asking for an honest answer so I can look at these sources and see what they base this fantasy on.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.