May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (JohnfromUK, battle, fullandfuller, prairie ghost), 920 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,855
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: calebg
As this is now in Misfires, I'll leave it alone after this post.

Too bad people like you don't live by your words and keep your promises.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

Now grow a set, because I'm going to say something that may be really upsetting to you. There are Liberal Democrat politicians hell-bent on taking away our guns. Ignoring the threat will only make it easier for them, and they don't like our doubles any more that they like so-called assault rifles and handguns. Everywhere there are infringements upon our Second Amendment rights, there are Liberal Democrat politicians. And there are Liberal Democrats who support them, vote for them, and provide cover for their attacks on our Civil Rights. That's not very nice either, so either get used to hearing about it, or go away.

I have no idea where this is coming from. Nothing I've written has a thing to do with the Second Amendment or gun control. You're bringing up something that absolutely nobody else in this thread is talking about.

I started this thread because I don't think it's okay to use race, gender, or sexual orientation as an implicit or explicit critique of people.

Criticize politicians for their policies on the basis of their policies all you want. I'm generally uninterested in those conversations, but you're welcome to have them.

Calebg you talk out of both sides of your mouth. You speak like a very confused liberal...?....You say one thing then contradict what you just posted. Most of what you say makes little sense with almost no cohesion.

On your initial post you said:
AS WELL AS POLITIAL RANTS. THIS STUFF IS OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF POLITE CONVERSATION

Just what do you think 2A political threads and rants are about anyway...?

A couple of posts above here you start out on Keith like he's talking about topics that have not been mentioned on this thread, when indeed you posted the above on your initial post......duh.....

Then Keith points out to you that the main page above has a dedicated SECOND AMENDMENT THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE, that has been there since the owner of this board posted it there last year because he is VERY PRO GUN, PRO SECOND AMENDMENT, as are 98% of the members that visit this website.

Evidently you are not one of the 98% pro gun Second Amendment Patriots and are only concerned with how members here structure their English in regards to minorities, women's rights and homosexuals.....? Is that correct, you have no interest in anti-gun politicians or what anti-gun policies they promote......?

Sorry to hear you don't care how the Democrat Libtard Politicians try to destroy our Second Amendment to the Constitution.

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am being 100% genuine in saying that I have never seen this sort of political vitriol on the main board before the past few weeks. I now realize it's always been here, but it's been fenced off in Misfires. I wish things had stayed that way.

The vast majority of political vitriol on this board, no matter where it appears, originates with the fact that certain politicians pose a threat to our gun rights. In case you hadn't noticed, this is a firearms related website, and without the Second Amendment, none of this would even be here. Those same Liberal politicians also seem to share the same views on illegal immigration amnesty, taxation, wealth redistribution, etc.

You bring up "Political Vitriol" and now pretend that your sole subject is misogyny, racism, or gender orientation. I think you are again being dishonest. No, this time, I'm sure of it, because your words I quoted above don't even mention misogyny, racism, or gender orientation. What are you trying to pull?

Jay... do you still want to admonish me for thinking that calebg is being untruthful with us? I must say that I'm now really confused by your interpretation of Jim's statement about "hidden agendas". Glad to hear that you understand how prevalent they are in politics. And calebg certainly did seem to wish to paint a lot of us with the same broad brush, though the comments he found offensive were posted by one person. So I fully understand why Jim was questioning his true motives. At least that's what I think Jim was saying. Maybe Jim can correct me if I'm wrong.

You however don't seem to see that calebg has made himself a target for derision by denying what he just said. Then he tells us he doesn't know where my political comments are coming from... minutes after he talks about the political vitriol he claims to have never once seen in 6 years of visits to this site. As I said, yes I'll concede he may have missed them... if he was blind. And if I was stupid.

And I can't help noticing Jay, that you don't even acknowledge this bullshit from LGF:

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: LGF
Caleb, until now one could avoid the worst of the venom by staying away from Misfires, but recently even reading the main board requires donning a HazMat suit and undergoing decontamination after. A few members are still foaming at the mouth because there is a black man in the White House; you can just see them typing the second 'g' before catching themselves and changing it to 'Kenyan' or 'Negro'. The rabies slobber is starting to leak into the main forum and the rest of us get splattered.

Wow! Someone starts a thread about the incivility of certain posters and this pops up. As PostOak points, funny how it's always okay for some to behave this way but not others. I'll take RWTF'S silly and antiquated comments about women any day over crap like this!

When did the terms Kenyan or Negro become racist? Why does this idiot LGF automatically assume that anyone who uses those terms really wants to use the derogatory N-word that is apparently reserved for misogynist black Rappers? And why aren't the people here who have used those terms also attacking Justice Clarence Thomas or Condoleeza Rice? And why do these self righteous folks like calebg refuse to acknowledge the racism that comes from the mouths of their politicians and race hustler heroes?

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/ar...20by%20liberals

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

calebg Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Too bad. You and King Brown would have gotten along great. He could have taught you how to claim I put words in your mouth after I quoted you verbatim as above! Then you could have pretended to ignore me. Talk about a match made in heaven.

Jay, I'm standing by the panties comment. Looks like I was right about that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm out.

Don't let the screen door hit you in the a$$.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
And I can't help noticing Jay, that you don't even acknowledge this bullshit from LGF:

Caleb, until now one could avoid the worst of the venom by staying away from Misfires, but recently even reading the main board requires donning a HazMat suit and undergoing decontamination after. A few members are still foaming at the mouth because there is a black man in the White House; you can just see them typing the second 'g' before catching themselves and changing it to 'Kenyan' or 'Negro'. The rabies slobber is starting to leak into the main forum and the rest of us get splattered.

Wow! Someone starts a thread about the incivility of certain posters and this pops up. As PostOak points, funny how it's always okay for some to behave this way but not others. I'll take RWTF'S silly and antiquated comments about women any day over crap like this!

Geez Keith, I am just about run out of gas with spinning of wheels. You could not help noticing that I didn't acknowledge that ugly post? Almost seems you're suggesting some kind of hidden agenda in what you mistake as my selective criticism of incivility??

Look again. I immediately acknowledged, and Canvasback then responded -- so my reaction appears more than once in the thread. Again, an example of finding the agenda you're looking for, never mind what's really there. Though annoyed that I'm defending myself against nonsensical criticism, I'll make it easy for you and provide the posts.

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie

Good thing no one has to choose RWTF's stuff over this. But you're totally right, rudeness and name-calling comes from all sides, and reflects only on the speaker.

Jay

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie

Good thing no one has to choose RWTF's stuff over this. But you're totally right, rudeness and name-calling comes from all sides, and reflects only on the speaker.

Jay

LOL, Jay, yes I too am glad I don't have to make that choice. Like many, I would prefer this stuff to be in misfires, if only to keep the peace. Not sure why it's here. And, as anyone who follows misfires would know, I prefer politeness to slander.

But and it's a big but (not speaking to you here Jay but any reader), I resent efforts to suggest that talking about these issues aren't important to gun owners. I live in a country where we didn't talk about it for a long time. You won't like the results.

And truthfully, I kinda like RWTF's posts on the subject of women. It reminds me the old days weren't necessarily the good old days.

Seems to me Caleb's generic mention of politics doesn't make his point political -- he objected to race and gender as offensive and irrelevant to political criticism. He didn't express any political view. One can argue in circles about differing views of what is and isn't racist, but if you insist on seeing dishonesty, I think you're fooling yourself.

My tank is empty, my tires are bald. I'm gonna walk back to the main forum.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jay,

I did somehow miss your acknowledgement of canvasback's response to LGF's inane post. Sorry. But I really think you ought to re-read what calebg had to say about "Political Vitriol" moments before he claimed to have only brought up the subjects of racism, misogyny, and gender orientation. I never said he was expressing any political view. He was claiming to be offended by political vitriol that he claimed to have seen in the last few weeks.

It appears you are seeing things which are not there, and fooling yourself in your zeal to make your point. I missed your comment about LGF in my zeal to make a point. Maybe if you had expended one tenth as much time admonishing him as you did me, it would have been more noticeable. But I don't wish to make excuses. I'm pretty sure you'll check back to see if I too ran out of gas.

Will you at least agree that I was right about the panties???
You know I was.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, I'm not kidding about being out of gas, tired of repeatedly going back over these posts to parse meaning and make points.

Finally though, we disagree. From the outset, Caleb brought up race in the context of political talk; I don't read what he said later as dishonest at all. His point was behavioral, not political, and I think that was his meaning.

I know Caleb a little from other shotgunning boards where he's a more frequent poster. We've exchanged some pms about similar projects we did with 16 ga. M-31Ls. He's a good man Keith, and you won't cajole me into agreement on underclothing.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wrong again Jay. Calebg brought up his observation that this board has become full of racism and misogyny, as well as political rants... not race in the context of political talk as you assert. There's a difference there Jay. You won't have to parse meaning if you look at what calebg actually said. You don't have to think about his meaning. He comes right out and tells us. You can keep on looking for things that aren't there all you want in an effort to prove me wrong. I'm not even close to running out of gas.

It simply strains all credulity to think that anyone who joined this forum in 2008, made 60 posts, and visited from time to time, never once until the last few weeks noticed a thread or post with political rancor. Then he tells us that there is a post or thread where someone asserts that "Obamas race is relevant to his political judgements and our assessment of them." Jim asks him to show us this racism, and all he's got is that someone wrote the word "negro". Maybe the owner of the Los Angeles Times should be forced to leave the business and sell the paper because they coined the horribly racist term "Magic Negro". Give me a break. I don't need to repeat everything that Doug (PA24) said in his excellent post above on this page. Calebg admonishes me for intentionally injecting a bit of gun rights politics, and then acts as if he has no clue where that comes from after he himself whined about the "Political Rants" in his initial post. I gave him one just to do it. As Doug noted, this is a website owned by, and 98% populated by pro-Second Amendment guys. But we have a minority that are mostly concerned with supressing and censoring discussions about threats to our gun rights, and they'll conjure up any kind of feigned insult or injury in order to accomplish that goal. If you think that's honest, so be it. I don't.

Hopefully your friend calebg will be happier at those other shotgun boards he frequents. If there's really such a place where gun guys never say a negative word about someone like Obama who would take away all their guns, and where being overly sensitive to PC bullshit rules the day, most of us wouldn't want any part of it. But we've got a guy from Nova Scotia that we'll trade for anyone there who might value things like the Second Amendment more than they worry about curtsies and faux civility. He's got a real (almost) Nobel Prize in pulpwood clearcutting.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.