May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Mills, battle, AGS, RWG, 2 invisible), 918 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,528
Posts545,865
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think its just to hard for you to read this forum and not get upset or try and tell someone else how to run "his" forum.
You know what would work for you ?The "calebg" double gun forum and then you could run it just like you want.

I can never understand why anyone who goes online and does not like what he reads or how its run doesn't just hit that little "x" in the upper right and move on but instead chooses to try and change it for his preference.

Its dave's board,enjoy it or leave-your call but don't try and run it like its yours-its not.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jay, I had to go back and re-read calebg's initial post again because I couldn't recall him saying he was unaware of the Misfires forum. He did not say what you are claiming he said. He also said that the place has been full of racism and misogyny recently, which is untrue. And it's obvious he was referring to more than just RWTF.

As to being mystified by the "hidden agenda" Jim spoke of... you need to get out more often. There are a number of so-called gun guys who act and talk like gun guys, but over time, they have revealed themselves to both support vehemently anti-gun politicians, and those politicians' attempts to infringe upon the rights of law abiding gunowners in response to the relatively rare acts of criminals and mentally ill killers. Sometimes, as in the recent mass killing in Kalifornia, they are not dissuaded by the fact that half of the victims were stabbed. King Brown, for example, has repeatedly stated that the Second Amendment was never threatened even though he is well aware that the Heller and McDonald decisions were both razor thin 5-4 victories. He also knows damn well that a majority of the Senate voted to bring Obama's Assault Weapon and Magazine bans and Universal Backround Checks to the floor of the Senate for a vote. It took a huge mobilization by gun owners to impress upon their Representatives that it is a lie that most gun owners want such new restrictions. But that doesn't stop King Brown from repeatedly attempting to LULL guys here into complacency and inaction. He has been a frequent critic of the NRA and told us that the proper response to the attempted assault on gun rights would be to concede some things and try to win them back later.
Unfortunately, King is not alone. These Libtards as we fondly call them, have defended Fast and Furious, the IRS targeting of Conservatives, the hamstringing of I.C.E., the Border Patrol, and the I.N.S., as our borders remain far from secure. They defend the refusal to save an ambassador and 4 Navy Seals in Benghazi while defending the swap of 5 very dangerous AlQueda terrorists for 1 deserter. Even seeing over 100% voter turnout in some Florida and Ohio precincts, and even after a Hamilton County, Ohio board of elections worker admitted to voting for Obama 6 times, they will insist that there was no vote fraud by Democrats in the last 2 elections.

So it seems to me that if you aren't seeing any hidden agendas, it's strictly because you don't want to. And none of this will change that, and I too am spinning my wheels with you.

I still maintain that you, calebg, are being disingenuous in saying that what you saw recently is a recent phenomena... especially in light of your own words about Meg Whitman. Good thing this isn't part of your job in a Fortune 500 company or those words might come back to bite you in the a$$. You would be wrong to assume that off topic threads will no longer appear on the front page. They happen all the time, but it is only certain ones that get certain sensitive people all in a tizzy. And it might be instructive for you to do a little research on the egregious racism which is routinely practiced by the Liberal race hustlers who use charges of racism to advance their own careers and agendas. Here's 20 of them just to get you started:

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/ar...20by%20liberals

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: calebg
As this is now in Misfires, I'll leave it alone after this post. I assume that means that any and all politics will now be in Misfires where they belong, too.

As for those who say that I have been stirring up trouble by finding something that isn't there: gender has no place in criticism; race has no place in criticism; sexual orientation has no place in criticism. The association - in any way - of any of the above three categories with a reason for criticism would be grounds for dismissal in any Fortune 500 company today. I take that to mean that all such discussion is outside of the bounds of decent discourse.

A brief rundown of my concerns. The use of "negro" in association with criticism is racist. Calling women golfers "lesbians" is both sexist and homophobic. And saying that women's place is in the kitchen is absolutely sexist. If anyone needs an explanation, they've either spent their entire lives in some backwater or they're being willfully ignorant.

All the above claims/associations are still on the front page. If saying that's a big deal makes me a whiner, so be it. It also means I'm part of the modern world that accepts civil rights, feminism, and gay rights as a fact rather than a debate.

Nobody with a decent job would openly talk about the place of women or the race of a politician even if they harbor them in their hearts for fear of the consequences. This stuff isn't a debate, it was settled 50 years ago.

My only request is that the board be moderated in such a way that people are able to ignore the politics and the off color comments. Put them all here in Misfires, and please keep them off the main board. Once they become integrated into threads on the main board (i.e. the Fausti thread) they become impossible to avoid. If people want to be bigots and this board is going to tolerate it, fine. Just let the rest of us steer clear of it.

Who elected you arbiter of proper thought & speech ?

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

calebg Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

I still maintain that you, calebg, are being disingenuous in saying that what you saw recently is a recent phenomena... especially in light of your own words about Meg Whitman. Good thing this isn't part of your job in a Fortune 500 company or those words might come back to bite you in the a$$.

I think you might be confusing me with someone else. Apparently someone dug around and found my comment about eBay selling guy parts from years ago that reads:

"Being anti-gun and having political ambitions within the Republican party don't play well together, even in California. Looks like her political ambitions won out."

Are you insinuating that this is a sexist comment? In no way am I using her gender as an explicit or implicit critique; in fact, I make no reference to her gender. All I'm saying is that she's an instrumental politician, which isn't saying much. I have no problem whatsoever standing by this statement, and none of this would endanger my employment at any non-partisan organization in the country.

I am being 100% genuine in saying that I have never seen this sort of political vitriol on the main board before the past few weeks. I now realize it's always been here, but it's been fenced off in Misfires. I wish things had stayed that way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No calebg, it has not always been fenced off in Misfires. Not even close. You can maintain that you are 100% genuine about never seeing them until recently, but you would had to have either very rarely visited this website, or just recently been cured of blindness. It was actually quite common before Dave Weber initiated the dedicated Second Amendment Informational Thread last year.

Maybe you should also write to Fox News and MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Al Sharpton, The New York Times, The Washington Post, etc. with your concerns about political vitriol, and attempt to censor the whole world to suit your sensitive nature.

Now grow a set, because I'm going to say something that may be really upsetting to you. There are Liberal Democrat politicians hell-bent on taking away our guns. Ignoring the threat will only make it easier for them, and they don't like our doubles any more that they like so-called assault rifles and handguns. Everywhere there are infringements upon our Second Amendment rights, there are Liberal Democrat politicians. And there are Liberal Democrats who support them, vote for them, and provide cover for their attacks on our Civil Rights. That's not very nice either, so either get used to hearing about it, or go away.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

calebg Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Now grow a set, because I'm going to say something that may be really upsetting to you. There are Liberal Democrat politicians hell-bent on taking away our guns. Ignoring the threat will only make it easier for them, and they don't like our doubles any more that they like so-called assault rifles and handguns. Everywhere there are infringements upon our Second Amendment rights, there are Liberal Democrat politicians. And there are Liberal Democrats who support them, vote for them, and provide cover for their attacks on our Civil Rights. That's not very nice either, so either get used to hearing about it, or go away.

I have no idea where this is coming from. Nothing I've written has a thing to do with the Second Amendment or gun control. You're bringing up something that absolutely nobody else in this thread is talking about.

I started this thread because I don't think it's okay to use race, gender, or sexual orientation as an implicit or explicit critique of people.

Criticize politicians for their policies on the basis of their policies all you want. I'm generally uninterested in those conversations, but you're welcome to have them.

Last edited by calebg; 06/16/14 10:39 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

How is it that a suggestion for some better manners was turned into a left-wing vs. right-wing argument; all before page 2 of this thread? Fascinating.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ninepointer
How is it that a suggestion for some better manners was turned into a left-wing vs. right-wing argument; all before page 2 of this thread? Fascinating.

Because it is.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith?

I didn't say it was in Caleb's initial post. It's here in his response to this first one from you, where you have him wearing panties and accuse him of being dishonest.

Where are these racist and misogynistic (misoginistical, perhaps?) comments which are getting your panties all bunched up? With 60 posts in 6 years, it's obvious you don't know much about what goes on here. 2008, when you first registered here, was a presidential election year. You would have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to have missed the political rants. What I really find indecent and uncivil is dishonesty.

And why did you put this thread here rather than in Misfires?

I am not being dishonest in any way. I posted this here because the comments I'm referring to are on the main board. I've never even been on the Misfires section of the board.

And here again a little later.

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie
Apparently you don't visit the Misfires forum -- that's the designated locale for this stuff.

Thanks, I guess this stuff has been spawning under my nose without me realizing it. Now it's migrating to the main board and I'm seeing it for the first time.

Do you really think it unexpected that an occasional visitor here, browsing for topics of particular interest, could have missed seeing threads that included comments pertaining to race or expressing sexist attitudes??

Hyperbolic overreaction seems to be the rule in these threads. Keith, you were a standup guy a while back in apologizing for something you said of me in a case of mistaken identity. Nothing egregious here, but where do I say I'm not "seeing any hidden agendas"?? I don't think there's much you can teach me about hidden agendas in anti-gun politics. They're prevalent and you'll find no example of my denying them. I thought it clear that my "mystery" and "mystified" remarks pertain only to the following about misogyny, where Jim suggested a "hidden agenda" in comments rejecting misogynistic statements he seemed to think were directed by some group of posters toward him and some other group ("now we're all misogynists!"), rather than merely at RWTF.

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Yep James:
And please note most of these complaining "posters" have very low count numbers. I wonder why and how they've all just "discovered" this non-issue to complain about?? smirk
ONE poster uses the word "lesbian" in the untold thousands of threads here so now we're all misogynists!
Now; You don't suppose there's some sort of hidden agenda here?

In threads like this it goes 'round and 'round, personal political agendas lead to discovery of opposing "hidden agendas" not only where they is, but where they ain't. When the latter, we damage our credibility in our efforts to protect our gun rights.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 06/16/14 11:03 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no idea where this is coming from. Nothing I've written has a thing to do with the Second Amendment or gun control. You're bringing up something that absolutely nobody else in this thread is talking about.

I started this thread because I don't think it's okay to use race, gender, or sexual orientation as an implicit or explicit critique of people.

Criticize politicians for their policies on the basis of their policies all you want. I'm generally uninterested in those conversations, but you're welcome to have them.

Caleb, your intent was clear to some here, but some others take criticism unrelated to gun rights as subversion of their zealous efforts to defend them. You may have thought I exaggerated, but this is what I meant in my first post about making yourself a target.

For most members looking at a thread like this, I think it's much as Amarillo Mike suggests -- gawking at a nasty wreck.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 06/16/14 11:08 PM.
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.