April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (FelixD, Dan S. W., Jolly Bill, PALUNC, SKB, 1 invisible), 439 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,233
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
calebg Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

For the past several years I've enjoyed following this board. It's always been decent and civil, with a consistent focus on our common interest in double guns.

The couple times I've logged on recently the board has been full of racist and misogynistic comments, as well as political rants. This stuff is outside the scope of polite conversation, and it never used to happen. Now it's not only happening, but appears to be tolerated by both members and moderators.

What the heck is going on? This place used to be great. Now it seems to be full of angry blowhards. Any chance we can recover some decency, or is it just a different crowd these days?

Last edited by calebg; 06/16/14 12:18 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Where are these racist and misogynistic (misoginistical, perhaps?) comments which are getting your panties all bunched up? With 60 posts in 6 years, it's obvious you don't know much about what goes on here. 2008, when you first registered here, was a presidential election year. You would have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to have missed the political rants. What I really find indecent and uncivil is dishonesty.

And why did you put this thread here rather than in Misfires?

Since we obviously must be in Misfires, this would be a good opportunity to remind everyone to call, write, aand e-mail your Congressmen about your feelings on restricting the Second Amendment Civil Rights of law abiding gun owners. Register to vote and support the Gun Rights candidates instead of voting for anti-gunners and then expecting them to respect your rights. Join or renew your membership in the NRA... the cheapest gun insurance you can buy to preserve your RKBA. Get a gift NRA membership for a kid you know. Only $25.00 right now. Makes a great Graduation gift that keeps on giving.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

calebg Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am not being dishonest in any way. I posted this here because the comments I'm referring to are on the main board. I've never even been on the Misfires section of the board.

On the front page of the board right now there are posts including the following ideas:

Women who golf are lesbians.
Women ought not shoot guns.
Women belong in the kitchen.

Obama's race is relevant to his political judgements and our assessment of them.

I can pull direct quotes if you'd like.

If most people here think this stuff is okay, then I'm in the wrong crowd.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I also have no idea who this guy may be but There has been multiple posts on this forum primarily in the Misfires area discussing the extreme racism that exists within the current administration.
Has there been any threads here endorsing Racism? HELL NO!

Mysogynistic Posts?? I've never seen one here. If this guy didn't have 60 posts i'd immediately dismiss him as a troll.

I'd recommend Dave move this thread. No not to Misfires but to the trash bin.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 06/16/14 12:47 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One need only look at the Fausti thread in THIS forum.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh oh ... Caleb, you've predictably become a target. Apparently you don't visit the Misfires forum -- that's the designated locale for this stuff.

I'm afraid many here don't have enough credentials to express a contrary opinion without being accused of perfidy. Now don't ask me, I don't know what credentials one needs to have a differing opinion tolerated without drawing insult. Still haven't seen that happen. Even if your gun crank credentials appear impeccable, they'll be declared a smoke screen for closet subversiveness.

Maybe it's YOU that's been spamming to take down the site, and making all the extra work for Dave!! Scouts honor -- it's not me!

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 06/16/14 12:49 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I just completed a board search for "lesbians" and came up with one post and it's from the one that started this thread.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Try it singular Jim -- as noted before, you'll find it in the Fausti thread.

Jay

calebg Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie
Apparently you don't visit the Misfires forum -- that's the designated locale for this stuff.

Thanks, I guess this stuff has been spawning under my nose without me realizing it. Now it's migrating to the main board and I'm seeing it for the first time. I do wish that it would stay in its designated area rather than infecting the general board.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ninepointer
One need only look at the Fausti thread in THIS forum.

I hadn't even looked at the Fausti thread because I have no interest in them. You should have been more specific and said that it was Run With The Fox who was posting things which are denigrating to women. We have tried to get him to stop but to no avail. Surely he has a mother, sister, wife, daughters, or granddaughters. You'd think he'd show a little respect, and also realize that many women support and participate in the shooting sports. But please don't act like this behavior from him is anything we haven't see before. It has certainy been here in the main forum too. But you are aparrently a very infrequent visitor. I don't expect we will ever get him to change, so most of us just ignore it. And please don't paint the whole board with the actions of one man. I'd bet a beer I could find that he said something similar in 2008.

Now if you really want to see some seriously misogynistic stuff, you ought to read the vile, filthy, disgusting things that nca225 said about my daughters last year after the Newtown school shootings. And he's one of those Liberal Democrats who made a big fuss about Mitt Romney putting women's profiles in binders. He also pretends to be a gun guy, but has strongly supportet the restrictions on the Second Amendment which are advanced by Barack Hussein Obama & Co.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.