May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (old colonel, CJF, Jeremy Pearce, smlekid, Jimmy W, cpa), 935 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,844
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
StuBee Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, any help appreciated. Looking at a Grulla 20 Ga, 28", English stock, slight beavertail forend, very nice condition overall, box lock, DT, Ejectors, marked "Union Armera (sic?) by Grulla (or just Grulla), and on the side marked "Dakin" or "Imported by Dakin".

It is at a gun show, asking $1800 out the door. Nice little double, thinking of doing a trade if value is right. Gun looks good, tight, lever to right, bores shiny, blueing & metal all good, barrels ring like a bell when detached.

Any ideas? All I know of the Grullas is the more $$ sidelocks. Thanks, in a hurry cuz the show closes tomorrow.

StuBee Offline OP
OP Offline

Nobody knows? Researched the Internet like crazy, and am thinking this gun--while nice--is no better than my Parker Hale Ugartechea 20 Ga, or maybe note even better quality than my well-worn "hunter" Uggie Model 30 12 Ga.

I cannot find any information, anywhere, on Grulla boxlock shotguns.

DRM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

From New Blue Book, Dakin Gun Co, importer in San Francisco in 1960's, lists a model 215 sidelock (sounds like a Grulla), 12 or 20 ga SXS, $2,250-100%, $1,900-98%, $1,675 - 95%, $1,300-90% Says special walnut and heavy engraving.

Hope this is of some help.

Dave

DRM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

P.S., if you didn't know this already, the manufacturer Union Armera became Grulla.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As you likely know the Dakin Family were instrumental in opening the US market for Grulla - one might say that they were the catalyst and necessary agent to achieving this. I owned a 209E Grulla boxlock and found it to be very well made with excellent handling characteristics. It is now in the possession of a friend who hunts ruffies occassionaly. I sold the gun to him for $500 - a steal no doubt. I don't believe that Grulla makes boxlocks any longer. So as to value - if the gun fits and the condition is all you hope for appraise it on that basis. I know that I would love to have mine back for it is a terrific upland game gun with skeet and improved cylinder chokes, nice wood, and appropriate fit. Would I pay $1800 to get it back - No but I would pay $1200. I believe that you will find some variance in quality in the early guns so assess each guns on their own merits. Current offerings by Grulla are all sidelocks.

DRM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just re-read your first post, if definitely a boxlock, Dakin had three other SXS, Models 100,147,160, blue book values in 100% of $425, $495, $825.

Sorry I missed that earlier.

StuBee Offline OP
OP Offline

Yes, it is definitely a boxlock & probably way overpriced as it sits now. Looks good, but so do my Uggies & others.

I'll try to find some info on the Dakin models above, thanks.

StuBee Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, a quick search for Dakin models showed them in that price range...but they were Zoli and others, not Union Armera Grulla.

Maybe that doesn't make a difference. This guy had it on the same table with a Grulla SL, so maybe boosted the price to $1800 as a "deal" when compared to the $3500 for the SL.

Oh well...

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.