March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 829 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
2 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KY Jon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

From GunBrokers web site:

"You can add to the description of your item at any time by navigating to the For Sellers page and selecting the 'Add to Description' function. You can add HTML, text, or pictures to your item listing. Javascript may not be inserted. Any addition made to the item description will be clearly marked with the date and time of the addition."

I have added to a listing after a bid but it was not easy. I ended up emailing Gunbroker and was walked through the process. Perhaps it has recently changed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The key is that you can "ADD" to the description at anytime
You cannot "make changes to this auction" after bids have been placed. Both links appear at the top of your auction when you are logged in.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, If you can add to the description it certainly fooled me, I tried. I would type in additional script, and it would default back to the original when I hit the button to enter the change. Then a message would come up telling me I couldn't make changes once the bids had started. I've added to the description since, but before a bid was placed.
I recently asked a seller a question about bore condition on an old pre-Mark I Ruger. He answered back that he had looked over the bore, and decided it was in bad shape. He felt he should have added that to the description but hadn't thought of looking first. There were bids placed. He could not add to the description either. We talked back and forth with him finally deciding his only proper course of action was to let the winning bidder know before he shipped. I don't actually know that he did, but he sure sounded sincere.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Caveat Emptor" is in no way a rationalization for misrepresentation leading to committing a fraud. It is the seller's responsibility to accurately identify and describe an item. If the seller fails in this, it is the seller's responsibility to correct the situation, including recompensation of all buyer's expenses related to the transaction.

Any seller who does not do this is not merely unethical, but dishonest.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JimfromTrafalgar
I recently asked a seller a question about bore condition on an old pre-Mark I Ruger. He answered back that he had looked over the bore, and decided it was in bad shape. He felt he should have added that to the description but hadn't thought of looking first. There were bids placed. He could not add to the description either. We talked back and forth with him finally deciding his only proper course of action was to let the winning bidder know before he shipped. I don't actually know that he did, but he sure sounded sincere.

I had a similar experience. In my spirit of typing excellence I listed a gun as a 26 gauge. It was a 28. There were bids and I could not add or modify anything. When the auction closed the buyer had thought it was a 20, and did not want the 28. I told him no problem at all, my fault, sorry. I reported the buyer did not complete purchase after finding out more details after close of auction, no bad on buyer, and relisted the gun. No harm, no foul, and not even any post traumatic stress syndrome.

Sidelock
Sidelock

JFT
actually you can add to the description. there is an option for you as the seller. I have had customers ask question that made me look and see something or find out something I hadn't mentioned. I add to the listing when I get the info.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's what I had tried, and could not do because bidding had started. From what I can see, ANYTHING added is a "change" to the auction. Once again, I can see why someone who has placed a bid might feel that way. They bid based on the information available at that time. They may know a bit of minutia on that make or model that others are not privy to... On the other hand, if there is an unnoticed or unmentioned problem or flaw, that stance might change on their part. Long and short of it though, is they bid based upon current info. If GB allowed even an add to the description, there could be a huge mess to clean up concerning all bids placed up to that point.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.