April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Momslefever, Fudd, fab500), 465 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,159
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

My Scott with some proceeds from Utah.

Me and my sons in South Dakota. Damascus hammergun in my hands and Ithaca Flues for the older boy and a Belgian Guild for the younger boy.

Last edited by Utah Shotgunner; 04/15/07 07:57 PM.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good looking family there Mike you must be proud of them!!!
All the best

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike-

Great looking guns, birds, landscape and hunters! The old double guns really do add an extra touch of class.

With all those fine old doubles...how do you choose which one to use?

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike...No offence, but I'm sure you are aware that at least one piece of blaze orange is required for hunting upland game birds in SD. Good to see that the boys are wearing theirs. Figure you just traded your blaze orange cap for the big hat for the photo or your piece of orange is on the back of the shirt.

Great photo.

griz #36077 04/16/07 12:11 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Griz,
I've hunted in SD several times but I was not aware there was a blaze orange requirement for phez season. I looked just now and could not find it for phez but did see it for big game. I hope I haven't been violating a law.

griz #36078 04/16/07 12:18 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

treblig,

Proud I am! The oldest is in college and his time is limited. The younger son and I are thinking of shooting is some service rifle matches this summer.

dbadcraig,

I always manage to choose one or two. I have settled on a German BLE for most of my hunting. Not as pretty as a damascus hammergun but I shoot it well.

griz,

I have had that hat since I was 18. It works really well to keep the sun off of my glasses. It only comes off the wall for hunting. The back of the Filson vest I am wearing in that picture is one big panel of orange.

Thanks all for your kind words.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck,

That was my understanding also but I always wear at least one piece of blaze.

Mike
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Silvers
A few pics of my Meriden 12 gauge hammerless. My rabbit hunting buddy has some others of the gun with some bunnies and I'll try to get them from him. Silvers

Silvers-

It would appear you and I are the only Meriden shooters. You were correct, the barrels on your hammerless look identical to the ones on my hammer gun. You gun is in very good condition, which I suspect makes it a bit of a rare thing. I don't think Meriden was in business very long and most of their shotguns were marketed to folks very likely to give them hard use. The hand guard on my shotgun does not use the latch as does yours. The 1908 Sears catalog was extolling the virtues of the latch-less fore-end, so it makes me wonder if yours was either a very early gun or a later one (either the latch-less for end was in fact an improvement, or it was later found to be lacking).

Thanks for sharing those great photos!

Doug

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dbadcraig
Here are some things I found I liked the very first time I used it-
1. No need for snap caps.
2. The action naturally falls open when the lever is operated for easy reloading.
3. When shooting trap I only need to cock the barrel I am using.
4. The gun is very safe when loaded and not cocked and one can tell at a glance (or touch) if it is ready to fire.

Adding #5 to my list of things I like about my first hammergun.

5. User friendly to inspect, clean and service! With the removal of a single screw the locks come out.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.