April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (griz, eightbore, ClapperZapper, Jtplumb), 1,313 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36357 04/17/07 08:20 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Help me out here.

I compared it directly to a Superposed and there are some obvious differences. Removable forend without the 'slide' or whatever it is called on the bottom. The 'trips' or whatever they are called for the ejectors in the action are located differently than on a Super. Ejectors and ejector hammers are completely different.

30" (Actually about 29 7/8") Barrels
7lbs
Sling Swivels
s/n 76J 23927
Non-selective single trigger
14 1/4" LOP to F.N. buttplate.

This is at least a pound lighter than my Super and I am thinking of it for my wife.

Two 'issues'. It has a Broadway type rib that appears to be glued over a narrow rib. You can see this at the muzzles and it does not match up well at the receiver.

The 1/8" short barrels have me wondering. There do not appear to be keels for the side ribs.

Any and all information on these guns and a ballpark value appreciated.

Mike
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone?

I am leaving the town I am working it by lunch tomorrow, so now or never.....

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Barrels are probably 76 cm.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Geoff,

I thought there was a metric 'equivalent' to 30" but I wasn't sure because of the 'missing' keels.

Hopefully some east coast folks will pipe up before I get up and head out of town in the morning.

Mike
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, problems on the job kept me here longer. I had passed on it due to lack of information but now have a couple more days.

A reply on the SSM BBS said it might be the Liege model. I'll do some more searching online.

Any help forthcoming?

Mike
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Have you searched for information in Eastman's book on Brownings? I doubt that we will find much info in Schwing's excellent book on the Superposed.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bill,

No I haven't. I don't have either of those books.

Mike
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The gun you ref was a late entry to try and produce a Belgian O/U that could compete with the Japanese contract Mirokus or said another way, a less expensive alternative to the classic FN built Browning designed Super. There were two versions of the gun, that I know of. One was a blued 'standard' gun and the other was a nicely engraved silver reciever version with much better wood, a deluxe grade, if you will. I have the impression that the guns were never that well known and not that widely distributed. I also want to say that it was a fairly short run at <2 years, but that is a faint memory only, and it is mine, so best check further for the facts on that. I don't think that there is really any established market value for these guns. I have a deluxe version and have been offered over $2k for it several years ago. Prolly should have taken the guy's money, but WTH, I enjoy shooting ZZ's w/it as it is light and fast .. and it is mighy pretty too with its fine hand cut English scroll and rosette's. It has great balance & engraving and throws good patterns, but it lacks the detail of hand fitting & polish that the higher grade Supers show when the action is opened. I have not had the buttstock off, but I would be seriously suprised if it were polished like any FN Super from a pigeon grade on up. Still, I like it well enough.
My advice is, 'if it fits well enough and you like the way it feels and points and the price is not stratospheric, then buy it and enjoy. If it does not work out you can bail at the next show or next season for something with more appeal. Folks get too carried away with some things. We take instant depreciation on new car purchases all the time or as my fortune cookie said today at lunch, "Don't worry about the world coming to an end. It is already tomorrow in Austrailia." That is saying only that sometimes we pay for the experience .. or the moment as it were. its the best I can offer and it didn't look like you were getting much response. Hope something here helps you out.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.