April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Argo44, bushveld, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 1,200 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,145
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry are you and King Brown related? Brothers perhaps? Just wondering.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

No, Larry. Poor game shooting is not about cartridge selection, it is about the reluctance of most hunters to learn how to shoot a shotgun. Different thread. Most of the objection to King Brown involves his liberal politics. King is a nice guy, but he is a Canadian who doesn't understand what we in the USA are all about. Maybe he should try to visualize what life in Canada would be like if we weren't here for the last 200 years.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Larry Brown is an absolute idiot and has proven it on this thread.

Originally Posted By: eightbore
No, Larry. Poor game shooting is not about cartridge selection, it is about the reluctance of most hunters to learn how to shoot a shotgun. Different thread. Pay attention.

You have never been more correct Bill.......and the total of your post you made on page 7 as well.......you are so right, L. Brown is an "absolute idiot"....he fools only the people who don't know very much.

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok I'll confess. In comers at a 45 degree angle are murder for me. If I snap shoot I'll get them, though I don't know why. If I try to track or swing through I miss. I think it's because I'm dropping my shoulder as I twist my body causing me to shoot low. I've gotten to where I'll let those incomers about 45 degress get abeam and then I'll shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
So a pissing match between three of the regular and respected posters here in a thread about cartridge selection has now turned into a blanket indictment of my nation by someone from another nation.

Threads get long; people lose track. I didn't think how poorly most hunters shoot was related to cartridge selection, but maybe I missed something.

Larry, Eightbore, my mistake. When I made that post and wrote "thread about cartridge selection" I thought I was on the thread about #10 shot, not this "how bad do you shoot" thread. Sorry for the confusion.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just a short comment. King Brown is disturbed about conversation he has had on the off topics forum. What he doesn't understand is that we on the gun subforums don't participate over there and aren't normally familiar with King Brown's liberal rants over there. We are interested in gun stuff over here. King, we over here think bird hunters should know how to shoot a shotgun. Now, what do you think? Bill Murphy, your friend in Maryland.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
I think some of us want to be here to visit and probably don't need to be here. Same as my thought about Stan.

Help me out here, craig. What exactly do you mean by that? I know I'm slow, but I ain't following you.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Canadians are grateful to have the United States as a neighbour, and I criticize as friends do---and true friendship calls for it---when its citizens and others have little or no respect for its institutions. To read what some members say of their country makes hell seem like an improvement.

It's fair for members to differ from my opinions as I do theirs. I believe you're as embarrassed by bad manners as I and others are. But don't think for a minute that Canadians don't understand what's going on in your country. No other country lives with the pervasiveness of your culture.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you are correct, Bill. Bad manners denigrate the integrity of conversations in any forum, and I supported a member here on that subject. Dave Weber set similar rules for Misfires. As for my liberal opinions, where's the fun when right-wingers display theirs as big as life in a shooting gallery?

No sense in turning over the forum to a part of a party.

It pleased me that there seems a consensus that bird hunters are spotty in their shooting and could honour the birds and the sport with a modicum of year-round practise---and a dog. It sounds elitist but I'd love to hear a discussion about making a regulation of a dog with waterfowl parties.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, are you related to LBrown? Brothers perhaps? Just wondering.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.