Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jim Legg
=

All of us care, Brent. The truth is we can't do a darn thing about it. Do you think the antigun crowd is sitting around worrying about the families, praying and wondering what they can do to help?

Some of them, Yes.

All of them, No. But of course some will paint us with the same broad brush that we use to paint them. The brush paints indiscriminantly, on both sides.

It is sad to me that there can be no dialog, no discussion. So, some anti-gunners are probably rubbing their hands in anticipation, but hardly all of them. Let us simply try to do best by the victims and the survivors and set our battles aside for a moment. For certainly and sadly, we will fight those battles later.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope there is no guilt, because we hunt, shoot and collect.
The NRA Annual Meeting showed me a wide cross-section of those who do the above things. They're everyday people.
A horrid thing happened, but I'm not going to be held for ransom for every crazy thing that happens.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is a sad day for thousands of people. The thirty killed and others wounded all had family, friends and other students who will be affected by this for a very long if not lifetime. The impact will be large and the loss equally as large. My family joins all here in wishing those left behind every comfort in this time of need. God Bless.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim Legg,
Probably less likely for this to happen in Utah. You are probably aware that the Utah Supreme Court recently published a decision striking down a rule at the University of Utah which made it illegal to carry guns on campas. Anyone can openly carry guns on college campuses in Utah. I doubt the guy could get through 32 folks there.
Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
It is sad to me that there can be no dialog, no discussion. So, some anti-gunners are probably rubbing their hands in anticipation, but hardly all of them.

Brent

Brent,

Understand I mean no disrespect to you but we can not sit on our hands as the anti-gunners won't. There are already a number of 'polls' up on the websites of major news organizations asking if this shooting should be grounds for more gun control. The anti's have already started their next campaign. We can not wait for dialog or discussion. The only discussion the anti's want is WHEN we will have to give up our guns.

Example of such a 'poll'. Scroll down a bit and look for the link in the middle of the blue text box.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3045574&page=1

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jakearoo
Jim Legg,
Probably less likely for this to happen in Utah. You are probably aware that the Utah Supreme Court recently published a decision striking down a rule at the University of Utah which made it illegal to carry guns on campas. Anyone can openly carry guns on college campuses in Utah. I doubt the guy could get through 32 folks there.
Jake

Jake,

That lawsuit was brought by the A.G. of Utah because the President of the U of U refused to listen to his bosses, the Utah Legislature. Said 'rule' was no more than an edict from the Presidents Office. It is a sad day when the A.G. has to bring suit to make a state employee obey state law.

FWIW - The President of the U of U looked the other way when CCW classes were taught on campus in rented classrooms. Hypocricy knows no bounds, even in Utah.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the midst of copying the link the 'poll' I posted above it has been changed. Now it only shows percentages. A few minutes ago it showed actual votes. This may be temporary, I don't know.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Apparently they did not like the results of the first 'poll' so they have put up another.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/popup?id=3046251

It has come to my attention that it is possible for a hotlink on a site to lead back to pro-gun sites such as this one. So by posting the direct link they can/will know that it being posted on a gun owners site but I know no other way to post if for you folks to vote.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

CNN already has started the stories about how we need more gun control. Just sickening.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen,
First may I send my condolences to Everyone who as lost someone through violence with a firearm and that includes our serving soldier families.
Civilian firearm violence in the community (not including crime thugs)is invariably perpetrated by someone who as become unhinged.
Thirty years ago I lost my Uncle,Aunt, two cousins and two innocent Gas station attendants to an unhinged neighbor who should never have been allowed a firearms certificate,Michael Ryan (Hungerford) and Thomas Hamilton(Dunblane)were known to the licencing authorities to be ' unbalanced'.
The Authorities need to be staffed and run by Trained people familiar with the use, handling and purpose of smallarms.An applicants health needs to be known to the licencing authority.
Before I hear your cries of outrage about my proposed invasion of privacy listen to this.
If you are a law abiding fit and proper person to bear arms you will have nothing to fear from legislation.
Promote shooting as a recreational, enjoyable pastime, and get into schools and educate the kids, they are our future.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.