April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Stanton Hillis, Der Ami, SKB, montenegrin, GETTEMANS, 1 invisible), 377 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,147
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#36146 04/16/07 02:45 PM
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/6561335.stm
New is sketchy on this so far but television is reporting that the death toll is now up to 31!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.

I think that is an unappropiate title. I think that ALL thoughts and prayers should be for the victims and their families and not on how the fallout may effect anyone else.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This is a firearms forum and this will certainly be a firearms issue. No one here want's to see anyone harmed with a firearm and I for one have a great deal of sympathy for the families who lost members due to this insane violence.
However; You can bet your last dollar in assuming that as I type this the antis are discussing the best ways to capitalize on this horrific incident. My understanding is that these shootings were committed with two handguns from the sketchy information available at this time. Even If that's the case don't assume your shotguns will be safe from all types of restrictive legislative proposals.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 04/16/07 06:45 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a sad statement of the times that on every gun board everyone is asking "what does this mean to me and my guns?" It seems a lot more plausible to wonder what we can do to help - which may not be much at this point, but better to worry about the families, the other students and members of VTU than to worry about the next 2nd ammendment battle.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

The sad statement of the times is the regular drumbeat of mass murders.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
It is a sad statement of the times that on every gun board everyone is asking "what does this mean to me and my guns?" It seems a lot more plausible to wonder what we can do to help - which may not be much at this point, but better to worry about the families, the other students and members of VTU than to worry about the next 2nd ammendment battle.

Brent

Thanks Brent, well spoken and seconded.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why shouldn't I worry about the future hunting, shooting and collecting - I'm just a bystander in this all.
Btw, this is the second school shooting, that the cameras showed the police to be tree-huggers. If you know what I mean?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Everyone cares, for god's sake. As we care for killing of even more innocents every day In Baghdad or our own men and women in action: Canada lost eight soldiers in Afghanistan last week. Lowell is right. Why shouldn't we also be thinking of repercussions. The killing of 17 Montreal women engineering students gave Canada its long-gun registry. And in a later shooting in a Montreal high school, there were no police tree-huggers, no waiting to secure the premises. They learned from the previous massacre and went right in, pistols blazing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD

Brent

All of us care, Brent. The truth is we can't do a darn thing about it. Do you think the antigun crowd is sitting around worrying about the families, praying and wondering what they can do to help? Of course they aren't! They're planning what new do-nothing gun control laws they can stump for, in the wake of this sad event. The real truth is that bad or crazy people do bad things and will continue to do so. The other real truth is that every time a major tragedy occurs, the anti's want to pass another law to restrict ownership by people who are not the problem in the first place. Get ready for more of it.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, sadly you're so right.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.