May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (fullandfuller, buckstix, Lloyd3, cpa), 809 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, at 2 minutes, if you listen carefully, you can hear a bob calling...Gil

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You can! Good ear Gil!

I have gone deaf in my left ear in the frequency of a bobwhite's call. I used to be able to walk within twenty yards after hearing a bobwhite calling. Now, no matter which way I turn, the calling bobwhite is always to my right.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/20/14 11:01 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"KY Jon you were describing Joe Wood's shooting, not mine."

Well if you watch a dog scratch at a flea long enough you will get an itch yourself. Teaching is a dangerous profession and the risk is the teacher and student becoming one and neither if them being able to hit the side of a barn when done. Just be careful is all that I am saying.

I still think you should go back to a single pellet in each shell and increase one pellet per shot until the problem returns. I know a shooter of your ability can kill close birds with just the wads but sometimes they, the wads, fly funny. So just start with the wad and a single pellet. Who knows you might get up to five or six pellets before the second bird falls. Then you know the simple answer is to reduce back the the safe number of pellets. Better for the environment as well. Not so much wasted lead falling all over the place like when Joe fills the sky in hopes of some freak of nature hit on a out of luck bird.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I have seen Gary shoot and he would be better off carrying a sling shot instead of a shotgun when he quail hunts. He would get just as many birds and save about fifty cents on every covey rise."

Not a bad idea, Mikey.....except it's a little hard to put engraving on a slingshot.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You can engrave this:

And you can have it custom stocked with 36LPI checkering.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
You can engrave this:

And you can have it custom stocked with 36LPI checkering.

Egads, a black "assault" slingshot! You might have to register that one.

Best,
Ted

PS I have often wondered about Mike's ability to shoot well with guns having 0 to 8 inches of drop, but, his shooting student forwarded a family photo that explains it quite well for me.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Coneheads_Poster.jpg

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=Ted Schefelbein

Egads, a black "assault" slingshot! You might have to register that one.

Best,
Ted

[/quote]

NY prohibits pants pockets capable of carrying more than 10 rocks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike and Joe both practice the "Ichabod Crane" style of shooting....

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GaryW
Mike and Joe both practice the "Ichabod Crane" style of shooting....

This is from Gary's most recent auroch hunt:

As you can see Gary has no neck and so must shoot a gun with 1" DAH and 3-1/2" of castoff.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike(with his rabbit hounds), Joe, and friends in their early days; before they learned shooting flying.........

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.