March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, skeettx, LRF, Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner, canvasback), 880 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

How many guns made from the 60's to now do you see "engine turned" and I think it was written that the scroll work wasn't stamped.
Winchester 20 ga. 101 26" imp.cyl/mod 22 lpi. Circa June 1966 first batch made. Not bad for $166.85, when I got it in Germany, through the rod and gun club. Still have the hang tag and literature and the Leg O Mutton style takedown case that I paid $35.00 for and naturally still have the gun.

Last edited by JDW; 04/10/07 04:46 PM.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Also I would like to see the BSS Sidelock made again. There is a gun that would give any modern day gun manufacturer a run for it's money when it came out. What a well made shotgun, demand top dollar now if you can find them.

David

Dan
You have an early Miroku gun before the split when management at the plant forced many of the workers to fracture to other companies(or so the sorry was told). The name change (My-Luck to Miroku) was post this split. The gun you have is very well made. They have 2 versions of O/Us and 4 versions of side by sides with the full coverage 7 pin sidelock being their best. 20 gauges are very rare (and 28s even rarer) as 12s make 98% of what was made.

Enjoy the tour in Japan. Lost of ducks, pheasants and thousands of crows shot at the dump.
The man who was our primary source for guns and hunting info passed some time ago. Recommend hitting Yama's place in Misawa (most likely where you found this gun AKA Johoji's old place), the shop in Towada and gun shop in Heriosaki. All had nice guns and are a relatively close drive. There are a lot more gun shops in Shemokita area but you'll need to learn to speak Japanese and travel more. (that's half the fun)

If you really are well liked, you'll get invited to shoot Yamidori near Towada lake or taken to Hokaido to hunt Sika deer. Start making friends at the skeet range on the way to Towada just outside the town.

Again, enjoy the ducks. Thousands of canvasbacks fly thru there every year.

Dan
Sidelock
Sidelock

Do those cans really hold for a pointing dog like the Japanese engravers imply?

Wish they did Thousands of cans, bluebills and pintails came down from Russia with every cold front.

Dan
Dan D Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I actually came across one of the 7-pin sidelocks (Model FE). He's asking about $2800, which seems a little pricy for a gun at about 80%. With this guy, it's hard to tell if he's trying to pull a fast one over you.

About a year ago, I bought a Beretta s56e (90%) for $150 because a firing pin didn't make contact. Just needed to be cleaned. Also, last week I found a nice engraved Win Model 96 at 90% for $50 - needed a new ejector.

On the other hand, I bought a Nikko Model 23 (95%... I thought) for $450. Turns out the forend is from another gun (serials don't match).

Anyway, he's asking $400 firm for this My Luck Model OL O/U, and as far as I can tell, it's about 80%, tops. If I bought it, it would be to trade for something I liked better down the line - not a keeper. Any advise on the value?

Dan
Seems high on the O/U. Keep looking for the S/S's. Seek out the SKB Royals and Royal Lites too. Also look for the newer Miroku S/S. Guys on this board will attest they (early SKBs and Mirokus/My-Lucks) are the some of the best made guns for the money.

For your info: Typically the shops will cut prices once they get to know you and you purchase a good number of guns. Prices will drop by 50-70% from what you're seeing. A few presento and spending some time with them helps. They get to know you as a person...works the same way in the states.

Enjoy the Nikko. I only found a few while there and they are often my go to guns. 99% the same as Winchester 23s.
Keep pushing on a much lower price for the FE. They are not that common, but they swing great (and look very nice). Most had stocks cut very short from the factory.

Dan Gerdes

Dan
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.