April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Lloyd3, KDGJ, 1 invisible), 471 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,234
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
I still don't see where A&E has reinstated the show. Someone posted on this thread (I thought) that the show was going to be on the Outdoor Channel but now I can't find the post. It is worth pointing out the Cracker Barrel has reversed itself and is restocking its shelves with Duck Dynasty / Duck Commander products.

The Duck Dynasty supports A&E

The Duck Commander supports the Robertson's Business and NOT A&E

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
... It is worth pointing out the Cracker Barrel has reversed itself and is restocking its shelves with Duck Dynasty / Duck Commander products.

Absolutely it is!

This proof that consumerism trumps communism.

And the cheesy food at Cracker Barrel...

Der Ami #349845 12/23/13 12:02 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't have a problem with gays or Moslem goat f**kers for that matter as long as they carry out their "activities" in private. When they come out in public it's another matter entirely .
The atheists position,or at least one of their positions, is no public display of religion. I see no difference in this albeit discriminatory position by atheists than in normal people's views that they'll essentially ignore abominations such as homosexuality as long as their done in private. After all atheists ignore the private practice of religion.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
canvasback #349849 12/23/13 12:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Something can be normal or natural without being a majority. It is a normal occurrence in human populations that a small percentage of men prefer homosexual relations to heterosexual relations.

Just because something occurs naturally in a given population does not mean that it is "normal." Statistically, homosexual tendencies are abnormal. Politically, those tendencies are now considered acceptable, and have been deemed for legal purposes to no longer be abnormal. But, statistically, they are still abnormal.

Last edited by Replacement; 12/23/13 12:41 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:
Something can be normal or natural without being a majority. It is a normal occurrence in human populations that a small percentage of men prefer homosexual relations to heterosexual relations.

Just because something occurs naturally in a given population does not mean that it is "normal." Statistically, homosexual tendencies are abnormal. Politically, those tendencies are now considered acceptable, and have been deemed for legal purposes to no longer be abnormal. But, statistically, they are still abnormal.

The human race must give thanks for that.

Otherwise we'd have all ended up...

Well... up somewhere that didn't allow propagation of the species.

(with the possible exception of Africa)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I do not understand what the big deal was in the first place. Vast majority of people that watch this show have views similar to PR so it's not like he offended anyone. While I have never seen episode I assume it's similar to Swamp People which interested me for grand total of two viewings.

I couldn't agree more about the potential offence to their viewers.....there was none! Although I would suggest the lifestyle portrayed in the two shows is quite different.

I think this ties into some of Craig's comments that came after this post from Jaegermeister. As in, no one watching the show is offended. PR espoused a view held literally by millions and millions of Americans.....by and large most "born again" Christians as well as many, many Roman Catholics who choose to actually follow their church's teaching. And it is a relatively small number of professional agitators, GLAAD, and others, who kick up a fuss and demand change.

So while I personally could care less what they are doing in their bedrooms, I hate what they are doing out in our society....agitating for change that results in our society being dominated by politically correct GroupThink, with no room for dissenting opinions.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:

Well, without getting too far into the semantics of it, I get your point. I'm sure you get mine as well. But I'll spell it out for others.

If, in an extremely high percentage of cultural and societal groups, there is always a small percentage that choose to engage in this behaviour, than it is normal for that percentage to behave that way. And the corollary would be that if you had a population where there were no men with homosexual tendencies or that 50% of men had homosexual tendencies, those would be abnormal populations.

Last edited by canvasback; 12/23/13 06:19 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
craigd #349859 12/23/13 01:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: canvasback
....Something can be normal or natural without being a majority. It is a normal occurrence in human populations that a small percentage of men prefer homosexual relations to heterosexual relations.

When using logic to work through an issue, maybe this is problematic. If your 7% figure is so, why are the rights of the other 93% selectively switched off.

There are so many things that 'a small percentage prefer'. I wonder if there are some folks in prison that feel what landed them there is 'normal'. How about soiled goat brokers, selling tainted burgers to the next town. Is that disgusting, or honestly just a preference for some percentage of people.

Not directed at you cback, but I think it's the same teachers who tell our kids, guns are bad. There's a climate, not of sticking up for the minority, but punishing those outside of the social engineering plan. I think it runs from folks not even knowing why they feel bad for knowing that homosexuality is not normal or natural to them, all the way to public 'tar and feathering'.

Craig, if I appear to be arguing on both sides, it's because I am. I don't care what consenting adults do in private vis a vis their sex lives. Gay, SMBD, whatever. Just keep it behind doors and with consent.

What I hate is exactly what you bring up here....the social engineering of the left, who have adopted the gay thing as one of their "issues" so I don't come at this from a "religion says it's bad" perspective. I come at it from the "I can't stand the idiot left and their social engineering". Guns, gays welfare etc. they are idiots about it all.

It's the left I have problem with, not gays.

Der Ami #349871 12/23/13 03:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"Craig, if I appear to be arguing on both sides, it's because I am. I don't care what consenting adults do in private vis a vis their sex lives. Gay, SMBD, whatever. Just keep it behind doors and with consent.

What I hate is exactly what you bring up here....the social engineering of the left, who have adopted the gay thing as one of their "issues" so I don't come at this from a "religion says it's bad" perspective. I come at it from the "I can't stand the idiot left and their social engineering". Guns, gays welfare etc. they are idiots about it all.

I think canvasbacks well stated position above is what the majority on this board would agree with. I certainly subscribe to this.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
James M #349953 12/24/13 12:58 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Quote:
"Craig, if I appear to be arguing on both sides, it's because I am. I don't care what consenting adults do in private vis a vis their sex lives. Gay, SMBD, whatever. Just keep it behind doors and with consent.

I think canvasbacks well stated position above is what the majority on this board would agree with. I certainly subscribe to this.
Jim
As do I, my friend. The "social engineering" these Lefties like to promote flies in the face of the old wisdom of- "If it ain't broke(n) don't try to fix it-leave it be"!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.