May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (graybeardtmm3, Borderbill, 1 invisible), 685 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,401
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

hello damascus,
super job with the case..a man of many talents!
with regards poster signed rwtf..in my early days on the board i was warned re his ignorance and dirt stirring and was advised to ignore. i can only pass on that message.
i have a feeling the poor chap may be ill but shall ignore nonetheless( there are enough plastic paddies and halfwits in this country without having to suffer them worldwide)
cheers
mrwmartin

NA
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: damascus
Tut tut mister fox Bergamot is used to flavour the tea you said you like Earl grey tea. Have you never been out in company and been asked whats your poison? You must get out more! Also become a little more knowledgeable about that wonderful British beverage that you profess to take with cream Earl grey tea aficionados take it black no milk from a China cup poured from a sound earthenware teapot. I dont believe you really drink it regularly and my reasoning for this is it tells you how the flavour of the Tea is obtained on every packet I was just testing. Youre just trying to be annoying without a true in-depth knowledge of the subject as we say here Grow up! This will be my last line of discussion with your good self unless you can produce the same skill with your hands as you do with your misguided intellect!
Well hell yes- like the old 1930's ballad- "Missed the Saturday night dance, heard they crowded the floor-- awfully lonely without you, don't get around much anymore- Never heard the phrase "What's your poison, so I'll have to plead ignorance on that bon mot- Socrates perhaps- wonder if he put cream (creme) in his cup of hemlock?? If I stated that I use cream in anything I might perchance imbibe, it sure as hell wouldn't be a cup of tea-- whether Lord Earl Grey or Lord Muckingfutch either--
I am a good self, and when I put my hands to: field stripping a M-1 Garand or running a TIG build-up pass on annealed AISI 4140 with 308-16ELC filler rod, you can bet your Limey arse I know what I am doing, and do it damn well- time after time- then my hands become as the late Vladimar Horowicz when he sat down on the stool in front of the Steinway Grand in Carnegie hall- bet folding money on that- And also like your fellow Countryman, Gough Thomas, my hands are also fluent with a Winchester Model 12 pumpgun- yee olde ergonomic, perchance? I have always wanted, as the late Nash Buckingham discussed a Limey crackshot coming over with his "bespoken" pair of side-by-sides to try his skill at flighting doves- go up against a Limey on either box or columbaire pigeons in a crosswind- He can take any side-by-side he wishes, I'll take my old M12 Tournament grade 30" full solid rib that was made in 1937 and we'll have a go-care to make a wager, Laddy buck??

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
Mr. Runs, are you quoting Joyce Kilmer in your sig line there? If so, that would be "..a poem as lovely as a tree. And, of course, just one set of quotation marks there at the end wink .
You are right, and I shall correct same forthwith- but at least I didn't write- "beautifuler" as a friend once said when trying to remember that great poem he wrote in 1912- What a shame, he and Rudyard Kipling's son were both KIA in the "War to end ALL Wars"-- sorry about the "doppelganger" on the quote marks, my Dell keyboard typewriter thingy must have slipped a click or two--

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mr W martin
hello damascus,
super job with the case..a man of many talents!
with regards poster signed rwtf..in my early days on the board i was warned re his ignorance and dirt stirring and was advised to ignore. i can only pass on that message.
i have a feeling the poor chap may be ill but shall ignore nonetheless( there are enough plastic paddies and halfwits in this country without having to suffer them worldwide)
cheers
mrwmartin
You have some of my brother Micks in the land of single malts? At least that's what I assumed you may have meant with the "plastic paddies"--I am from a long line of bog-trottin' Green Irish Micks, and proud of it, but I have a special place in my nefarious black heart for the Scots- as both Northern Ireland today, and Scotland years ago, suffered the tyranny of the Brits--

I shall by-pass my usual nightcap, sipped whilst watchin' David Letterman of an evening, that being either George Dickel, Ezra Brooks-- Bourbon whiskey, or if I am "in the chips" John Jamieson Irish whiskey, and sip some of your Famous grouse whisky in your stead, if I may make so bold as to do so. Sure and ye must be favorably taken to have seen I spelled your Country's finest whisky without the extraneous "e", as we have done with our sour mash Bourbon whiskies here in the Colonies.

Another fine reason why I favor the Scots-and distain the Limeys, en re: proper spelling and economy of style- The Scots are well known for their thrifty ways, and huzzahs to that- so look how much they save on label printing by eliminating the letter "e" and spelling it as "whisky"-- Now the Limeys, they add an extra letter "O" to certain words, for what good reason I do not comprehend at all. Honour instead of honor, colour instead of color, and you go sense the drift here I am sure. Ta Ta!!!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/21/13 09:46 AM.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.