April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (AaronN, obsessed-with-doubles, barrel browner, graybeardtmm3, ClapperZapper, 1 invisible), 436 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,204
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Misfires is entertainment, a perfect mirror of the generosity, spite, ignorance of the world; a daily smile.

There goes the neighborhood. All along, I thought it was about civility, not the inflexible stereotyping of an elite. March on to your better world, but don't get testy when folks question. Remember you're far superior.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Has nothing to do with sex or sexual intercourse, lad- Women are not emotionally set to make rational choices under stress as are men- dis-regarding the monthly visits from Auntie Flo-- which also mucks up things like from who laid de rail--

Thanks Fox. At 55 years of age, it's been a while since someone called me lad. Made my day.

While I disagree with you, perhaps I wasn't clear enough about who I was talking to while referencing sex.

In that portion of my post I was specifically responding to RDH45 assertion that large numbers of men have no control over their behaviour in the presence of women.

That part sounded suspiciously like the BS put forward by Islamists and the Taliban as the rational for wrapping women in black bags, beating the shit out of them when they don't behave, charging them with crimes for being raped, killing them for dishonouring the family etc.

I suspect you are more likely to subscribe to the idea of woman as the vessel of temptation and evil as propagated by the RC church for the last several millennia.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Has nothing to do with sex or sexual intercourse, lad- Women are not emotionally set to make rational choices under stress as are men- dis-regarding the monthly visits from Auntie Flo-- which also mucks up things like from who laid de rail--

Thanks Fox. At 55 years of age, it's been a while since someone called me lad. Made my day.

While I disagree with you, perhaps I wasn't clear enough about who I was talking to while referencing sex.

In that portion of my post I was specifically responding to RDH45 assertion that large numbers of men have no control over their behaviour in the presence of women.

That part sounded suspiciously like the BS put forward by Islamists and the Taliban as the rational for wrapping women in black bags, beating the shit out of them when they don't behave, charging them with crimes for being raped, killing them for dishonouring the family etc.

I suspect you are more likely to subscribe to the idea of woman as the vessel of temptation and evil as propagated by the RC church for the last several millennia.
You are correct- exception being the Virgin Mary of course.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

The reason for much of the famous little head doing the thinking instead of the big head.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee, all you have to do is be under 30 and hang around the road houses,honkey tonks, inner city bars,dance halls or anywhere else young,white collar black,white, hispanic or any other color young men and women hang out and see the power that young women have over young men.Used to be there myself and was part of it.I remember a bar in Atikoken,Ontario that used to be a perfect place to see that power too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

RDH45, although its around 900 miles from where I am now, I've spent a little time in Atikoken myself.

My double gun collecting Taliban friends. You have missed my point. It's not that the interest isn't there. It's that MEN forgot that teaching their SONS how to think, how to behave, how to take responsibility, is important. For it is from men that boys learn how to be a man.

It's not women's fault several generations of men, the boomers, propagated a society more interested in the "if it feels good, do it" zeitgeist of sixties and seventies. It is the liberal men who did this. Who have created the dysfunction that we see all around us today.

Last edited by canvasback; 07/19/13 09:52 PM. Reason: Forgot a word.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
RDH45, although its around 900 miles from where I am now, I've spent a little time in Atikoken myself.

My double gun collecting Taliban friends. You have missed my point. It's not that the interest isn't there. It's that MEN forgot that teaching their SONS how to think, how to behave, how to take responsibility, is important. For it is from men that boys learn how to be a man.

It's not women's fault several generations of men, the boomers, propagated a society more interested in the "if it feels good, do it" zeitgeist of sixties and seventies. It is the liberal men who did this. Who have created the dysfunction that we see all around us today.

I agree...and the problem is 70% of blacks are born to and raised by single moms these days....I would think most of them have no idea who their father is.

To a less degree the Hispanics. and even less whites...

And this has followed the trend of having kids out of wedlock...with less thought then is put into what new tv they are going to buy.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/19/13 10:03 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

hopefully, by now you guys have exhausted all of your venom re the race, crime and social issues, which have little or nothing to do with this tragedy to begin with...

martin was a dumb 17 year old kid, who made a fatal mistake when he repeatedly assaulted a stranger in a strange place, without regard to the possible consequences. zimmermann was a young zealous adult, who should have stayed in his car and waited for the cops to appear. and he should have not been carrying a hand gun on his way to the grocery store. by doing so, he created the scenario that played out to its tragic end.

Last edited by ed good; 07/25/13 07:17 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
hopefully, by now you guys have exhausted all of your venom re the race, crime and social issues, which have little or nothing to do with this tragedy to begin with...

martin was a dumb 17 year old kid, who made a fatal mistake when he repeatedly assaulted a stranger in a strange place, without regard to the possible consequences. zimmermann was a young zealous adult, who should have stayed in his car and waited for the cops to appear. and he should have not been carrying a hand gun on his way to the grocery store. by doing so, he created the scenario that play out to its tragic end.

In my opinion, sometimes ed enters his second childhood here. In this post he acts like a twelve year old boy that runs a stick down his neighbor's fence so their dogs will bark. Y'all can bark if you want to. I am just going to ignore this post.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/25/13 04:38 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
hopefully, by now you guys have exhausted all of your venom re the race, crime and social issues, which have little or nothing to do with this tragedy to begin with....

Hey Ed, you can never have enough venom. Take juror B29, the bomb thrower, for instance. She admits, and luckily so, she followed the law, but she has to mix in he's guilty of murder. What's that got to do with the tragedy, other than she wants in on the pot stirring talk circuit.

Page 18 of 22 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.