April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vol423, fab500), 363 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,168
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Alors, this is easy to do. I've done it. I've just been in Paris and no changes in the law lately. Bought the gun, showed a US passport to the dealer, a EU passport would require a different procedure, he boxed it up and I took it away. I left the gun in Paris for a few months. If I hadn't had a place to leave it I'm sure the dealer would have held it for me. Anyway, back in the USA I filled in the Form 6 and got my local FFL guy to sign it for $20. A month or so later I got the permit in the mail. Good for 6 months. Went back to Paris with a hard sided gun case that fit inside another suitcase/duffle bag. BYW I always put the gun case inside another suitcase when I fly, less chance of theft. On return flight to the USA I declared the gun at check in at CDG. They did the usual look thru the barrels to see that it wasn't loaded, put the usual firearm tag in the gun case. I locked it up, put the gun case inside the suit case with my other junk, locked that and checked it thru to Philadelphia. In Philly I declared the gun at customs, showed the Form 6, paid a very modest fee and I seem to remember they gave me a green copy of something and a receipt for the fee. I was on my way within 30 minutes or less. This particular gun is a Darne V19 sixteen bore, absolute beauty. I also regularly fly back and forth to Ireland with a shotgun. In this case though the gun was bought in the US and I have an Irish permit for it. I always have that little US Customs form with me when I'm coming back but I've never had to show it in many years of travel. So there you go. No big deal.
Where do you shoot in France? Is there a place in the Bois de Boulogne? On a sadder note, there seem to be less and less gun shops in Paris.
nial

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting, Nial. From wingshooter's experience, sounds as if the sticky part is SHIPPING a gun out of France. Make the wife happy, take her to Paris for a vacation, bring the gun home with you. Sounds like a win/win.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Nial and Larry

Larry, from my experience, your suggestion may be the nicest but perhaps the most expensive.

On the other hand, my wife has a Darne 20 ga so she is ready to try Nial's adventure also.

Thanks to all--we will give it a go and report back.

Best,

Berrien

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Interesting, Nial. From wingshooter's experience, sounds as if the sticky part is SHIPPING a gun out of France. Make the wife happy, take her to Paris for a vacation, bring the gun home with you. Sounds like a win/win.

Shipping, that's it exactly.
nial

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've imported two from Canada. Had to enlist the help of friends and a member here to get the first one done. It took a couple years even though the first attempt was per the book on both sides of the border. An over-zealous Canadian border jockey wouldn't let it pass, which caused a whole series of events, none of which were productive or pleasant. The second gun was from a dealer that assured me it was "no problem' and would take only a few weeks since they did it regularly. It took 6 months.

Good luck. It's hard enough living in California and getting a gun into this state without unknowledgeable dealers giving me the runaround about my C&R FFL or even using a dealer here. There will be no more imports for me.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Berrien Moore
Several years ago, I bought a Darne 12 Ga in Paris, which I have used for sporting clays in France. I am less and less able to be in Europe on holiday, so I would like to bring the Darne back with me on my next trip to France.

What forms and procedures do I need to complete in order to bring the gun back with me?

It depends on that state laws so you must consult with a lawyer in that state where you want to move.So that they can tell you that what exactly you need for moving there with gun.
Gold Coast Security Solutions

Last edited by Morkel; 09/07/13 02:44 AM.

What a sense of security
Sidelock
Sidelock

Does all this indicate that it would be a joke to bid on a gun through Egun.de? Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like it's easier for a Columbian drug cartel to get shipments of cocaine into the United States than it is for a law abiding U.S. citizen to bring in a perfectly legal two-barreled shotgun. Something is wrong with this picture.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well:
We all know it's been easier for the U S Justice Dept. to "export" firearms to Mexico then it is to import them here. smirk
The last tine I imported a shotgun on a Form 6 using a friends FFL it was more difficult and time consuming getting it approved and out of Great Britain. Once shipped the transit and delivery went very smooth.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just recently here in Houston a fellow contacted me to import a gun for him. This was a several weeks ago. I said I was swamped not able to attend to it at this moment. Later, I called him back and said I am now caught up and could handle it. He thanked me and said he said he found someone else. Well low and behold he called me today and wanted me to handle it. I said I thought you found someone else, so whats up. He said that he found out that they did not how do do it even though they said not problem, so they were just swimming around. So, he is going to use me.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.