April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, skeettx, Jimmy W, Hugh Lomas, Argo44, 1 invisible), 860 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,831
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#331034 07/17/13 02:28 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Anyone on the this board going? Would be nice to put a face to a name.

I will be in the Gun Trade Association Pavillion, stand No. F 0593 in the middle of Gunmakers Row over the three days. I will be fiddling around with gun stocks but also present will be Bill Blacker barrel maker, Peter Ashford gun engraver and Ian Tomlin gun case maker. All showing the skills in their respective trades.

Regards
J-P Daeschler
(Fletchedpair)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jean-Pierre

I am going on the Friday and will attempt to look you up. I shall have my 85 year old father in tow so I am keeping flexible regarding meeting up with people. If the heat we are enjoying continues we may be seeking shade most of the time!

I have been disappointed with the CLA web-site; difficult to find your way around and no map of the layout.

As you say, it would be good to put a face to the name.

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be there on Saturday, possibly Friday.I'll be hanging out in the Sporting shooter tent or the Press area or generally wandering around.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I should be there Saturday and will do my best to look in. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be there with my wife on Saturday and Sunday. Cruising gunmakers row on Saturday and hopefully shooting a round of clays on Sunday. No other plans other than to have fun, meet some old friends, make some new ones, not spend too much and eat some wonderful food.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice to meet Jean-Pierre at a very hot and sunny CLA Game Fair today. Recommendation - get there early - I got there about 08:00 and went straight in, no problems. Some arriving later had traffic problems.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Everyone going should wear name tags--the simple paper ones from conventions. Just put a big BBS on it along with your name. Wish I was over there!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Jean-Pierre we never made it to you yesterday. Traffic management was poor from the M40. It took us two hours to do the 12 miles from the motorway to Ragley Hall. And we left Northamptonshire at 0715!

I don't blame the CLA but poor advice from the police. It was very tedious. We managed part of Gunmakers Row and had two long visits to the CLA members enclosure to find shade and sustenance. Plaudits to Purdey's for an imaginative safari style stand. There was a pretty James Woodward 20 I could have taken home with me. Longthorne's barrels milled from a single billet of Swedish steel were impressive - and nice fellows on the stand. Mark Crudgington (som of author Ian) was friendly and fun on the George Gibbs stand. And the ice cream on the long walk back to the car most welcome!

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went in on the Saturday when the weather was a little cooler. Set off from home at around 8am. arrived around 9:30am. coming in from the north and M42 direction. Drove straight in; no queues whatsoever, nothing right up to the point that I parked with the only car in front being a good 100 yards away. That's the easiest entry to the Game fair ever!

Some interesting guns but with prices being a little on the high side on the stands of some of the more ambitious dealers. I did find a rather interesting little C.S.Rosson of Norwich 2" chambered boxlock ejector with 26" barrels and Churchill rib. The unusual and interesting features of this gun was that it was a true left hand gun; left hand opening on the top lever, left hand rolled edge trigger guard and single trigger. If I had have been left handed I would have bought it. Didn't buy any guns but did come away with quite a few books etc. A good day really. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lagopus
Didn't buy any guns but did come away with quite a few books etc. A good day really. Lagopus.....

Glad you found some good books. I thought that for some reason, most of the second hand booksellers (Hereward Books, John & Judith Head, Read Books etc) were absent - and there was very little choice of second hand books. It was a large fair, and perhaps I was looking in the wrong place?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.