May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (claydog, Pwog, Roundsworth, Jem Finch, 2 invisible), 275 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,565
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RHD45
Zimmerman was not trained to take someone on that would resist his "authority" and he should have realized that....

Discretion and consequences are an important point and powerful truth, but is there any situation that someone couldn't come up with the requirement for training in advance. Literally, there're probably some who would require George to train on the Weber if this whole thing were about him grilling in the back yard.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I take offense at the accusation that members of this forum are "racists" and are waiting for the chance to cap some dumb thug wannabe. Again, there are acts of violence and murder every day in this country involving people of all races; why is this particular incident the center of so much divisiveness and name-calling? Because the media has so much influence over people's opinions! The statements in my previous post about no law being broken were also the opinion of a highly regarded former prosecutor of my acquaintance who stated that Zimmerman broke no law following and observing Martin and indeed Martin committed assault when he struck Zimmerman. These are the facts under law and a case can only be tried on facts, not opinion, heresay, or emotional rhetoric. I have worked with the local sheriff's department and assure you a dispatcher has ZERO authority to give any orders because they are not certified law enforcement officers. The 911 dispatcher gave advice to Zimmerman, not a lawful order. It shouldn't have even come up in court, but the prosecution tried this case on emotion, politics, and race; not facts. My only question now is, how long before the IRS audits the 6 women on the jury?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Training also means having the mind set to see a problem and pick the most effective way of dealing with it.Lots of people are competent with firearms on the range but being able to deal with ccw and appreciating the responsibility and your limitations is something else again. Lots of people don't want to "back off" when that would be the most appropriate action.Trayvon wasn't committing any crime when he came under Zimmerman's scrutiny and Zimmerman should have remembered the "watch" part of neighborhood watch.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Fin2Feather
....the wannabe vigilante Zimmerman? Is he any less a thug for packing a gun and wanting to throw his weight? Stay in the car, wait for the cops. You've done your duty...

So, a stranger poking around in your yard, looking in your window is just fine as long as you do your duty and call the police. Depends what the definition of a thug is, but he sure seems like quite a bit less of a thug than Martin actually was.

I wonder if he'd grab a beer and watch if his wife or daughter was being raped by one of those thugs...because heaven forbid he violate their rights to do it.

I wouldn't sit back if I saw someone looking in my neighbors windows at night either....and neither would they if it was my house being looked into.

Wow, bonehead, I musta struck a nerve! I rated several quotes and several responses! The point, if you care to follow it, is that I don't believe Martin was poking around anyone's yard, nor was he peeking in anyone's windows. And yes, given the activity Zimmerman observed, the right thing for Zimmerman to do was to call it in and wait for the cops.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: boneheaddoctor
Originally Posted By: craigd
....the wannabe vigilante Zimmerman? Is he any less a thug for packing a gun and wanting to throw his weight? Stay in the car, wait for the cops. You've done your duty...

So, a stranger poking around in your yard, looking in your window is just fine as long as you do your duty and call the police. Depends what the definition of a thug is, but he sure seems like quite a bit less of a thug than Martin actually was.

I wonder if he'd grab a beer and watch if his wife or daughter was being raped by one of those thugs...because heaven forbid he violate their rights to do it.

I wouldn't sit back if I saw someone looking in my neighbors windows at night either....and neither would they if it was my house being looked into.

Wow, bonehead, I musta struck a nerve! I rated several quotes and several responses! The point, if you care to follow it, is that I don't believe Martin was poking around anyone's yard, nor was he peeking in anyone's windows. And yes, given the activity Zimmerman observed, the right thing for Zimmerman to do was to call it in and wait for the cops.

You don't believe it..but the fact is Martin was NOT on the sidewalk..he was walking in the yards close to the houses...nosing around. That fact has been established....and confirmed by the police.

When it rains the ground is soft and footprints are left in the ground.

I have absolutely no use for the criminal element....and I for one would not hesitate to kill anyone who was assaulting me.

How do I know I would do it....? Because I've been there before....I put one of that kind in intensive care for an month one time....I'd have killed him in a matter of 3 more seconds had I not been wrestled off the guy by the neighbor man.

I was straddling the guy with a 3 foot breaker bar ina two hand grip over my head starting the downmward swing the instant I was wrestled to the ground.

He was down with all three bone on his one arm broken...three vertebra broken in his back..and a serous skull fracture from that same bar moments earlier.

And I was in a state of absolute focus and wanted nothing more in the world to take him out of it at that moment.

Yes..HE was in MY neighborhood...not his own...I never got charged even though the state police were there.

Yes..this is a subject really dear to me...

If I find someone in my back yard or even front yard at night...he's going to get the very same treatment. And even less mercy.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/14/13 11:01 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great. Some poor slob has a few too many and ends up in some guys yard and is beat to death.Not in the same league as someone who is attacked without provocation and is defending himself.I would say someone with a skull fracture is beyond being a threat any longer but if you want to kill someone bad enough I guess it doesn't make any difference.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Long before the Hate Crimes Act of 2009 was passed, in Sept. 1985, KKK members were charged with Civil Rights violations for engaging in shootings and cross burnings meant to intimidate blacks. I think GLS is correct in saying that only politically posturing blowhards would pursue federal charges, for the blowhard Obama DOJ is still investigating this case, and blowhard NAACP lawyers and officials are pressuring the Obama administration to charge Zimmerman with Civil Rights violations as well.

On a related note, I just saw an interview with Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz, who literally ripped prosecutor Angela Corey for bringing this case to trial. He recounted how she withheld critical evidence from the judge in order to file second degree murder charges, and said she should be disbarred, and that she is the one who should be facing violation of Civil Rights charges for the series of laws she broke in order to try to hang George Zimmerman. He said that Ms. Corey has a long history of over-charging defendants in Florida, and please recall that she was brought in to replace another prosecutor who refused to file charges against Zimmerman for lack of evidence.

Also, very predictably, Obama is using this case as another excuse to restrict guns and concealed carry laws in this country. Some of our very Liberal friends like Fin2Feather are dishonestly referring to Zimmerman as a vigilante when the evidence shows that Zimmerman never drew his weapon until after he was assaulted. Yes, he could have just stayed in his car. And we could say the same about any woman who is raped in a dark parking garage, and lay the blame on her if she managed to shoot her attacker. We could also say the homeowner who shoots a home invader could have installed better locks and better lighting. Leave it to a Libtard to make excuses for the criminal and blame the victim. Fin2Feather questions those who want to label Martin as a thug. Well... he did have a criminal record, inadmissable as evidence and withheld from us by the Libtard media, and his last act on this earth was racial slurs followed by criminal assault. Hmmmm. And speaking of women, where is the Great King Brown with his frequent references to Republican mysogeny now that Reverend Al Sharpton is crowing about having only women on the jury? I guess it's OK for Rev. Al to denounce women as being incapable of rendering a fair and lawful decision in a Court case, but inexcusable for Mitt Romney to have womens' resumes in "binders", and inexcusable to attempt to limit abortions after a fetus is capable of feeling pain. Rev. Al, the professional race-baiter is lucky he isn't a Republican, or King would be on him like stink on shit. Fair and balanced!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RHD45
Great. Some poor slob has a few too many and ends up in some guys yard and is beat to death.Not in the same league as someone who is attacked without provocation and is defending himself.I would say someone with a skull fracture is beyond being a threat any longer but if you want to kill someone bad enough I guess it doesn't make any difference.

He gave that right up when he attacked me.....end of story...don't like it...then too bad. My rights exceded his. He had ZERO rights to assult anyone...for any reason....and being under the influence or mentally ill doesn't change that either.
And incidently that dumbass wasn't drunk..he was stone sober...and he was a lot bigger and stronger than I was....If I didn't have some matial arts training...I would have been the one in the hospital or dead...not him.

And yeah... I knew who they were and where they lived. And there were a lot of witnesses....ALL of them backed me except for the one person who participated in the attack...he was smart enough to get out of dodge when I kicked his butt first....I put the second guy in the hospital....so don't give me some sob story about how I reacted excessively.

That was who called the State Police.....he was a real pussy.....since they started it...Police refused to do anything to me.....when they got the real story...and they asked if I wanted to press charges against them...which I had drafted up and with that police report...I had a period of time to pursue that....THe police told them if I even thought they were looking at me wrong they would be back to arrest them both.

My reputation was made that day...and theirs was forever ruined (they were well known as the local troublemakers that liked intimidating people).....as there were nearly 70 people that saw it....never got crap from anyone ever again around there. Because they knew I played for keeps.

I have ZERO sympathy for thugs anywhere.....if they are a mean drunk...then they need to stop drinking. Or they better man up and take the responsibility for whatever happens to them.

What is it that everyone says......Payback is a [censored]?

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/15/13 09:21 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GaryW
I have worked with the local sheriff's department and assure you a dispatcher has ZERO authority to give any orders because they are not certified law enforcement officers. The 911 dispatcher gave advice to Zimmerman, not a lawful order. It shouldn't have even come up in court, but the prosecution tried this case on emotion, politics, and race; not facts. My only question now is, how long before the IRS audits the 6 women on the jury?

I agree...one of my cousins works as a 911 operator and has for years...she's a civilian who couldn't get a job with the police even if she was the only person that applied for the opening. And thats right...they offer advice of what to do...and its just that, advice...and nothing more. They have ZERO legal authority.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/15/13 09:26 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think we have a perfect example here with the people tring to lynch Zimmerman....

To use this as proof to the Hispanic Community that the Democrats are NOT their friends...that they (the left) hold hispanics as second or third class citizens....

And why they SHOULD be voting Republican.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 07/15/13 09:29 AM.

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.