May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (steve f, Jem Finch, bsteele), 270 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,569
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish they kept the Gold Label, but made one in a 20 with double triggers. That would have been a nice double.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
I wish they kept the Gold Label, but made one in a 20 with double triggers. That would have been a nice double.

I agree. The 12ga with double triggers would have been a no brainer too. In my opinion, they misunderstood their potential customers with the Gold Label, as sxs fans are often traditionalists who don't like single triggers on a sxs. If it had had double triggers, I likely would have bought one. I remember having two chances to buy one when they came out for about $1800, and I passed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stallones
Maybe this will be a new Shotgun Facility?

NEWPORT — The decision by gun manufacturer Sturm, Ruger & Co. to open a third manufacturing plant at a 220,000-square-foot facility in North Carolina came as no surprise to state economic development officials, who said they had worked closely with company management in the hope of convincing them to expand in New Hampshire.

Ruger currently employs about 1,200 at its foundry in Newport and another 900 in Prescott, Ariz. With firearm sales going through the roof over fears of gun control, the company in May announced plans to expand and create 500 to 700 new jobs at a third factory.

Company President Michael O. Fifer told shareholders at their annual meeting in May that the $30 million expansion would not be in New England. “We’re growing by leaps and bounds in Arizona and New Hampshire,” he said at the time, “and we’re not taking any jobs out of those places. Those plants are fully employed, and we expect to continue adding jobs incrementally.”

Newport and NH can thank the dumbocrates that voted down the "Right to Work State" for NH ! more jobs lost for the union payoffs by libtards !

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130711/OPINION01/130719911

"Connecticut-based Sturm, Ruger & Co., spent months openly seeking a location for a new manufacturing plant to supplement its existing operations in Arizona and Newport, N.H. “We had a number of criteria for expansion, and we did not find anything in New Hampshire that we thought was suitable,” Kevin Reed, general counsel and vice president for Sturm, Ruger, said. “Right-to-work state was one of our criteria,” he added.

Imagine that. A large, successful, American manufacturer wanting to operate in a state where employees could not be compelled to join a labor union or pay it tribute in the form of “association fees.”

In the last legislative session, the House Republican leadership made a strong push for right-to-work. It was defeated by Democrats and pro-labor Republicans, who claimed fatuously that it was really the “right to work for less.” Ignoring the fact that wages in Southern and Western states were lower on average than in Rust Belt states before right-to-work laws, opponents suggested that the laws caused lower wages. Wages do tend to be slightly lower in right-to-work states, but after cost of living is taken into account the gap narrows, or even vanishes.

What is unquestionable is that right-to-work states see higher rates of job growth. The Wall Street Journal reported in December that “private employment has grown 4.9% in right-to-work states over the past three years, versus 3.9% in other states, according to an analysis of Labor Department data. This disparity is particularly stark in the factory sector: Manufacturing employment has grown 4.1% in right-to-work states over the past three years, compared with less than 3% in other states.”It is unlikely that right-to-work would significantly depress wages in New Hampshire. It is highly likely that it would increase employment. In the meantime, companies like Sturm, Ruger continue to move South.

Hillary For Prison 2018
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Even though I didn't like the way Ruger treated its Red Label, I'll have to admit you cannot get better customer service anywhere in any industry.

That's good to hear. I had one of the first Red Label 20 o/u that I won in a raffle. Never gave a lick of trouble. As far as customer service goes, Ithaca Gun Co. runs neck and neck with Ruger in customer service. Admittedly a smaller company, but it does its best to please. Gil

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I totally agree Gil on that with one big difference, Ruger just built an over & under shotgun. Ithaca builds a legend!! smile

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ithaca Gun hosted a factory tour at the end of June for forum members of shotgun world. Here's a link with photos. On display was the O/U Phoenix which was shot by visitors. They also had some vintage Knickerbockers as well as a newer version. I hope the company stays in business; it makes a great product. They make guns the old fashioned way, one at a time; although they have had a lot of help from the Italian gunmaker, Ceeincee.
http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopi...3823542bc0aed9f

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
..... they have had a lot of help from the Italian gunmaker, Ceeincee.

laugh (More likely Japanese)

Good one, Gil.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ithaca built and builds a lot of shotguns, but they only build one legend..... the Model 37!!! smile

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Ithaca built and builds a lot of shotguns, but they only build one legend..... the Model 37!!! smile

It's still a bargain in a classic American made firearm. However, the pre-war models are climbing higher in cost. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I no longer shoot it as my brother has it, but my grandfather's Ithaca 37 was a light, easy pointing, balance gun that bagged more game than I will ever know.

For three duck seasons in a row I shot it opening day and always bagged a duck with it on first shot three years running. If I could have ever mastered the pumping action I would have never let it go. (My fault not the gun's)

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.