April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hal M Hare, CJ Dawe, SKB), 1,011 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#326396 05/26/13 10:06 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Like tens of thousands of men and boys, Im mourning the death of one of the few remaining institutions that have existed to develop character, honor, integrity, and courage in young men. The only father many boys know today is their mothers current live-in, Protestant churches have replaced Biblical truth with feel good psychology, and the same activists that are destroying Scouting, and who will not be satisfied until adult leadership is open to any variant of LGBTQIA, now control the public education of our children. The military and prison system cannot correct the expected results.
I would not be the man that I am were it not for Boy Scouts. My small service to Scouting has been pay-back to the men that enabled me to be a scout, modeled what I hoped to become, and expressed in action and words their care for me. I am pessimistic that anything can replace what Scouting once was. My heart is heavy with this loss, which will have enormous consequences for this country.
Pray for our boys. Pray for America. Satan won a big one.
Eagle Scout 1967
Mic-O-Say Fire Builder 'Stands With Another'
Adult Leader, High Adventure Scoutmaster, Camp Physician H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation and Camp Geronimo 1995-2012

Last edited by Drew Hause; 05/26/13 10:41 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

As someone who spent many years in scouting I share your indignation over today's permissiveness. If they really wanted scouting rather then to attempt to destroy it in it's present form, as far as I'm concerned, they could have started up a gay/lesbian version of their own.
I still am a firm believer in what goes around comes around and I don't think the last chapter has been written yet.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Jim: I'm afraid there will be nothing left to come around to. Some boys will remain in Scouting for the summer camp season, or to complete their Eagle project, but many troops will be disbanding in the fall. And the Council operated camps, and High Adventure BSA camps, will be sold fairly soon; those in the West likely to the LDS, the charter organization for 70% of troops in AZ.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Like tens of thousands of men and boys, Im mourning the death of one of the few remaining institutions that have existed to develop character, honor, integrity, and courage in young men. The only father many boys know today is their mothers current live-in, Protestant churches have replaced Biblical truth with feel good psychology, and the same activists that are destroying Scouting, and who will not be satisfied until adult leadership is open to any variant of LGBTQIA, now control the public education of our children. The military and prison system cannot correct the expected results.
I would not be the man that I am were it not for Boy Scouts. My small service to Scouting has been pay-back to the men that enabled me to be a scout, modeled what I hoped to become, and expressed in action and words their care for me. I am pessimistic that anything can replace what Scouting once was. My heart is heavy with this loss, which will have enormous consequences for this country.
Pray for our boys. Pray for America. Satan won a big one.
Eagle Scout 1967
Mic-O-Say Fire Builder 'Stands With Another'
Adult Leader, High Adventure Scoutmaster, Camp Physician H. Roe Bartle Scout Reservation and Camp Geronimo 1995-2012
I concur with you, Drew-- Eagle Scout 1958 Order of Arrow and God and Country-- BOHICA, FUBAR and SNAFU I know- but what is LGBTQIA mean as an Akron-ism, pray tell?? I'll take a WAG (Wild Assed Guess) here-- LESBIANS GIVING BIG TONGUES (TO) QUEERS INTERNALLY AUGMENTED?? Yo no se, Sr. Medico, que es la raza aqui, por favor!! El Zorro

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew:
If this does happen and another positive institution goes away we will be all the poorer for this. I always have felt that those youngsters that didn't receive any moral or ethical guidance from their parents would at least be exposed to the fundamentals as a Scout.
I guess we're sinking into the least common denominator in this Country, low skill levels due to poor education and lack of motivation to learn, "households" consisting of an unwed mother with a live-in boyfriend, no-one insisting youngsters attend church, and institutions preaching that it's better to be politically correct than to be right.
This reminds me of the biblical passage "As ye sow so ye shall reap".
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome to more political correctiveness.....the same disease that brought us Barry Obama and apologies to all Muslim countries. None of the liberal dems know anything about the IRS scandal, AP scandal, or Benghazi, but they know the name of the first openly gay NBA player.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a holiday weekend, so we might excuse Foxy's apparent alcoholic stupor.

But Dr. Drew is correct. The Scouts stand on the precipice.

And may indeed succumb to the tradition of the British Navy:

"Rum, the lash, and buggery."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew

I can't help but think that our country's descent in to darkness will continue under the guise of equality, progress and justice. The light will shine again. It just may not be in many of our lifetimes.

Marcus

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Despite the discouragement Marc, I need to remember that we can still be a light in this increasing darkness
https://sites.google.com/site/anotherdaysjourneybackhome/rise-shine

Last edited by Drew Hause; 05/26/13 07:40 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree, this will be the end of Scouting. A few camps may still operate but enrollment will steadily decline throughout the country and as an organization that it once was, this will be the end of it. I guess they're just tired of fighting all of the lawsuits.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.