April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jem Finch, Stanton Hillis, 2 invisible), 1,120 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunbroker does not police their sellers for items listed or even how they complete deals. I learned this from first hand problems with a seller and the lip service Gunbroker pretended to offer. It was fraud and they refused to even allow me to post negative feedback. So I refuse to use them ever again. They do police the buyers. I guess they know where the money is and do not want to piss off their source of income.

Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon, that is worth remembering...and telling friends.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Good morning,"

"Thank you for the information. I am meeting with the present owner that I am selling this for this morning. I am not a expert. A lot of people are actually rude in their letters. You were informative. I will be putting some type of statement on GB. Thank you,"
Terry

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

I once posted on another forum (clocks not guns) about an item on the best known auction site that was fraudulent. I was 100% certain because I owned the actual serial number of the item being sold and the pictures had been taken (stolen) from the genuine listing in which I had won the item a few months previously. My item, and the original seller were quite genuine. The second (and a subsequent third) listing were from another seller.

I posted a warning on 3 forums - and one forum took down my post saying it was against rules to post whilst the auction was 'live'. They understood it was a fraud, but 'rules was rules' and I must follow them.

Regrettably, two people (at least) lost several hundred pounds each to a fraudulent seller who turned out to be in China. I never found out if they got refunded by the auction site or payment agent.

Last edited by JohnfromUK; 05/28/13 04:25 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The profile of the firing pins is a nice illustration of Rigby's attention to design detail and quality of workmanship. frown

You could lose more than money or credibility with this gun. Given the sharp edges and sloppy fit in the 'ole I'd rate the gun as potentially dangerous. One sticky-up primer and there goes an eye.

Eug

Last edited by eugene molloy; 05/28/13 03:37 PM.

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
Sidelock
Sidelock

It was a $30 gun not a hundred plus dollar gun so fit and finish is gong to be crude. Most Cresents were bought for kids 75 years ago. Until I got old I knew that .410 were kid guns like a 20 was a gun for a woman. You learn as you get older if you try. If you are gong to spend 3K for a gun you better know what you are buying and not just read a listing as gospel. Because this gospel is about a fake as they come.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Michael Petrov
"Good morning,"

"Thank you for the information. I am meeting with the present owner that I am selling this for this morning. I am not a expert. A lot of people are actually rude in their letters. You were informative. I will be putting some type of statement on GB. Thank you,"
Terry

Terry, thank you for your attention to this matter. I see you did add a note concerning questions about the guns authenticity. You are a class act.

I have bought a number of shotguns on Gunbroker and it is by far my favorite site. And I have never had a problem. However, I have always had direct telephone communications with the sellers and quickly determine if I am going to be comfortable with the trade. I believe 99% or more are honest sellers. Anyone who neglects developing a direct relationship with the seller is courting disaster.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is Rigby's response to a 'heads up' on their Facebook page : -

As discussed this certainly not a Rigby and proves we must all be careful in the secondhand gun market.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

$4580.... with another 4 days left in the auction! WHAT ARE THESE GUYS THINKING?!?!?!?!

The seller recently posted an update to the listing.

"There has been questions concerning the gun's authenticity. The owner of the Rigby presented it to the NRA apraiser's at the covention in St. Louis last year. No red flags were raised. The owner has stated that he will extend the inspection period to 10 days. If is not what you expected send it back for a refund."

Sidelock
Sidelock

....over 5k now and 9 bids after announcing the discrepancy. duh...

Last edited by 2holer; 05/30/13 08:33 AM.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.