April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (welder, andygt, skeettx, Tim in PA, 2 invisible), 1,263 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Xausa,
There is no requirement in the US to have it reproofed. If you are leary of it, some people have long forcing cones cut and use 70mm shells anyway.It would still have 65mm chambers.
It's all up to you.
Mike

xausa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I just heard from the seller, who says that he subtracted 5 cm, which he attributes to the chamber length, from the overall length to arrive at the barrel length of 50 cm.

If that is his rationale, why he would not subtract 6.5 cm is a mystery to me. In any case, the barrels are 55 cm (22") long by my standards (and evidently Sempert & Krieghoff's, also).

Sidelock
Sidelock

Long forcing cones may affect performance with slugs, should you choose to use them. Drillings I have so modified have consistently shot 6" lower, for some reason. (perhaps decreased barrel time/barrel rise?) I am therefore going to modify permanently one reloader for short shells. Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve may be right, I never tried slugs in either of my drillings, I have insert barrels in the right barrels, so use shot in the left.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Xausa, I have read this topic and I have noticed this gun on offer at E-Gun. So my congratulations to the buyer, you are lucky to have the Herausnehmbares Schlosswerk because it was not available as standart. If a new owner wanted that option there was a surplus price of 25 R.M. (Reich Mark). If you have a Krieghoff catalog or a reprint it is mention on Page 42.
Marc.

xausa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

GETTEMANS:

Thank you for your kind congratulations.

I do have a reprint of the catalog, and I am curious as to whether the drilling also is equipped with automatische Kugelschloßverriegelung (automatic rifle lock safety) which was another option for 9,--RM.

The drilling has been shipped to my German gunsmith in Suhl, but so far I have received no information as to its condition and whatever special features it may possess.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I hope that you keep us updated about the auto rifle lock safety, I guess your drilling have it. You have made me curious.
Marc.

xausa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I got a report from my German gunsmith today:

Der Krieghoff Drilling ist eigentlich in einem guten Zustand. Die Schrotläufe haben innen einige leichte Beulen und der Kugellauf ist auch etwas rau.
Das Laufbündel ist außen ziemlich abgegriffen u. sollte evtl. neu brüniert werden. Der Verschluß könnte auch einen neuen Scharnierstift vertragen. Der Schaft ist natürlich auch, dem Alter entsprechend, leicht verbeult und zerkratzt.
Das Schloss und die Abzüge funktionieren einwandfrei. Ebenso die Verriegelung am Pistolgriffkäppche.

The Krieghoff drilling is actually in good condition. The shot barrels have a few dents and the rifle barrel is also rather rough. The barrel set is somewhat worn externally and could possibly need to be reblued. The action could use a new hinge pin. The stock is also somewhat dented and scratched, as might be expected with its age. The locks and the triggers function perfectly and the catch on the pistol grip cap as well.

The first sentence of the report appears to conflict with what follows, but I appreciate his frank appraisal. I will have to consider how much I want to spend on this project.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Xausa,
While your German gunsmith has it, I suggest you arrange for him to replace the hingepin(since the description said it is needed)and refit the barrels.
Mike

xausa Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The latest report from Germany reveals that the drilling has both the hand detachable lock arrangement, and the automatic rifle lock safety, and that both function flawlessly.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.