May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hal M Hare, CJF, earlyriser), 329 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,572
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

RECENTLY CAME IN TO POSSESSION OF A HIGH QUALITY, EARLY VICTORIAN ERA ENGLISH DOUBLE HUNTING RIFLE IN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL CONDITION. 32" BARRELS WITH EXCELLENT BORES. TWO GROOVE RIFLING. LANDS MEASURE .66. GROVES MEASURE .72. WEIGHS JUST UNDER TEN POUNDS. TOP RIB IS ENGRAVED: WILLIAM MOORE & CO.(MAKERS TO HRH PRINCE ALBERT)78 EDGEWARE RD LONDON. PRIVATE EMAIL FOR LINK TO PICTURES AND ENJOY!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why not post the link here?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AkMike1
Why not post the link here?

I'll second Mike on that.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It obviously doesn't apply to this gun but in reading your transfer instructions you require all cartridge guns transferred through an FFL even those pre 1898, Why is that?

Sidelock
Sidelock

How do you become a member allowed to bid on gunbroker?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Top left corner by the GunBroker logo, It says sign in or register..

Sidelock
Sidelock

DUH! Thanks Mike. I need glasses or a new brain........

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife says I do too.. If you find an extra set please let me know! wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Marc....don't do it, don't register there.

I saw that rifle not long ago while browsing GB. It certainly looks nice in the pictures. The two groove barrel and matching ball was Brunswick, correct?

Last edited by sharps4590; 03/04/13 03:32 PM.

NRA Benefactor 2008
NRA Patron 2007
NRA Endowment 1996
NRA Life 1988
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

as a matter of interest, there is a fellow in england who will custom make brass molds for brunswick balls. if you google brunswick ball mold, you should find him...would be fun to see how close this rifle shoots both barrels to point of aim.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: sharps4590
Marc....don't do it, don't register there.

I saw that rifle not long ago while browsing GB. It certainly looks nice in the pictures. The two groove barrel and matching ball was Brunswick, correct?
Just curious a bit- are there some scammers afoot on Gun broker, or are they known for crooked and rigged bids or other such shenanigans?

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are some. I caught one once by googleing a section of the ad wording and found it listed elsewhere. A quick note to the admin got that taken care of PDQ.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I expect there are scammers get through about anywhere sometimes. That wasn't why I was saying don't register there...I was thinking of how much it can cost...more eye candy and temptation...lol!

NRA Benefactor 2008
NRA Patron 2007
NRA Endowment 1996
NRA Life 1988
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had good luck there. W/O problems. A few notes to the sellers and a call will sort out the scammers. I do make sure thatb they have a good record of sales on record.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gunbroker is very easy to use. have been buying and selling there for over 10 years now. two simple rules to follow:

- if seller has little or no feed back, then ask them if they will accept gunbroker escrow service for payment. if they will not, then dont bid.

- if seller does not offer a return policy of some kind, do not bid.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been prepared to buy this gun for 2 weeks now. It didn't sell in the auction, looked like nobody in the whole USA wanted to buy this gun except me.

But for some reason I'm not being allowed to buy it. For the life of me, Ed, I don't know why you won't arrange for me to buy the gun, since I really do want to buy it.

Am I being penalized because I didn't offer a bid on the auction sight? And now, when it looks like nobody else wanted to buy the gun, which I'm assuming because there were zero (0) bids after 10 days or 2 weeks or however long it was presented to the ENTIRE nation, and I've told you at least 5 times that I would like to buy it, I'm not being allowed to buy it because I didn't give money to an auction site that would surely have taken some of the money I sent for themselves, meaning the owner of the gun would have gotten less money. Because if I sent money to you nobody else would take some for themselves. So, in essence, there is a chance to make more money than if I sent the same amount to BrokeDown Gun Auction.

Speaking of price, I left and am leaving that completely open. I've asekd "How much money is wanted?" and I've not been told.

I feel like I am in Bizzaro world and I am Superman. Superman with cash and a desire to spend it on a gun nobody else in Bizzaro world wants but me.

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree this gun is going to need a special buyer but not everyone in this world visits GB or may only visit intermittently. You want to buy and the seller wants to sell, the price is the only obstacle.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

gunbroker is a place where buyers and sellers meet. in order for gunbroker to stay in business, buyers need to bid. it is the only way gunbroker can be paid their earned commission from sellers...also, it is unethical and against gunbroker rules for sellers to negotiate private sales that originated from a gunbroker contact...

legitimate offers to purchase this fine rifle are appreciated. please contact me via private message.

Last edited by ed good; 03/14/13 04:32 PM.

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

At the same time the gun was listed on Gunbroker you started this thread here. It is a bit ambiguous since you are the thread starter in a non-sale area of this forum and your GB auction became a part of the thread. If someone learned of the gun here where is your allegiance?

Sidelock
Sidelock

He's the seller.

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AkMike1
He's the seller.

I thought everyone was aware of that.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

as the item is not listed for sale here, but is listed for sale in a variety of marketing outlets, i would guess that i would owe a fee to the marketing outlet that generated the lead that resulted in a sale?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed is one of the most scrupulous dealers I've run into in my 55 years of collecting. I tried to buy a combination gun from him that he listed pending photos. He refused to sell it to me until he was able to take the pictures and I could see them.

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
as the item is not listed for sale here, but is listed for sale in a variety of marketing outlets, i would guess that i would owe a fee to the marketing outlet that generated the lead that resulted in a sale?

And if the lead was generated by this thread?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, PM, you are right at the heart of the matter. The lead was indeed generated by this thread.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

kk&pm: sum ware over thu rainbow... skyes are blue...

sum ware over thu rainbow, there may be a place for you...

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The moral to the story, the moral to the song, is simply one should never post where the post does not belong......

Last edited by PM; 03/25/13 08:25 PM.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

if anyone wants to see lots of pitchers, go search gunbroker for british double rifle by william moore...too much trouble to post erm here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.