April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (j7l2, 2 invisible), 858 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,834
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
... IMO: It would be a good idea to call David Kopel up as a live witness in the Congressional hearings. I will email my Senators and recommend just that.
Jim

Kopel was one of the live witnesses yesterday, alongside Giffords, Kelly, LaPierre and one or two others whose names I forget. The linked document was his written testimony. The usual drill in Senate and House hearings, is for the witnesses to submit written testimony in a form like that document, and then open themselves up to questions from the Congresscritters. The Congresscritters are presumed to have read the written testimony and thus are presumed to be asking questions to clarify their understanding of it, address contradictions/inconsistencies or make argument points with their colleagues. The reality is that there is so much information deluging them they can't and usually don't read the testimony. If it does get read, it's usually by their staff, who summarize it for them. It gets put into the Congressional Record nonetheless.

Kopel's testimony is, regardless, hard facts.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave-in Maine, weren't you one of the big Obama/Biden supporters just a few short months ago? What did you expect when you voted for two of the most anti-gun Senators in U.S. history? Do you also hire convicted pedophiles to babysit your kids?

Some here ask why anyone would use the term Libtard. You can't make this shit up.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks very much for posting this, Dave. It is exactly what you say it is.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Dave-in Maine, weren't you one of the big Obama/Biden supporters just a few short months ago? What did you expect when you voted for two of the most anti-gun Senators in U.S. history? Do you also hire convicted pedophiles to babysit your kids?

Some here ask why anyone would use the term Libtard. You can't make this shit up.

+2

Doug

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

No, I was not.

You can argue with/about me or you can go to work on persuading politicians to do the right thing, but there's only so many hours in a day and if you choose to waste them on making up shit, well, that's your life you're wasting and your problem.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

took a fast look at the 30 some pages, found (what can be done ) very informative pages 23-28. Spot on as refute more gun controls Pilgrim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine
No, I was not.

You can argue with/about me or you can go to work on persuading politicians to do the right thing, but there's only so many hours in a day and if you choose to waste them on making up shit, well, that's your life you're wasting and your problem.

Gee, I don't know how I concluded you were an Obama supporter. Maybe it was from your post # 286100 on 7/21/12 in the "Re" Aurora Massacre where you said that Obama was not going to do anything to advance gun control. Or maybe it was from your post # 276607 on 4/28/12 from the "Re: Two Different Worlds" thread where you attempted to convince us that Obama's SCOTUS nominee, Elena Kagan, is actually pro-gun despite her long anti-gun record. Or maybe it was from your post #272933 on 3/28/12 where you claimed Dick Cheney was drunk when he shot his friend, and that the range was less than 10 yards, and that he never apologized for his actions. Or maybe it was from your post #300950 on 11/18/12 where you opined that those of us who blamed the economic collapse on Bill Clinton's Affordable Housing Act were just using Fox News-speak for "blaming niggers and spics" because "that's what "Rethuglicans" do." Or it might even be your post # 289916 of 8/20/12 from the "Massive Gov't Ammunition Purchases thread where you suggested that the story was put up by Republicans to stir up anti-black, anti-Muslim voters and put them into a frenzy of anti-Obama fear...

Shall I go on? What about the time you stood up for the Obama administration's actions in Fast and Furious and blamed George Bush for starting that program even though the criminal scope and anti-Second Amendment intent was pure Obama/Holder. If you try to defend all this, your client really will have a fool for a lawyer.

This thread reminds me of someone who gets drunk, smokes in bed, burns the house down, and then decides to buy a smoke alarm.

Making up shit? It's pretty obvious who's making up shit. I can't understand why so many Obama supporters are too embarassed to admit it given his stellar record. Your little denial sounds a lot like Hillary's Congressional Benghazi massacre testimony or the Chuck Hagel Sec'y. of Defense confirmation hearings where he denied saying to Al Jazeera that the U.S. was the world's bully even after he was quoted verbatim and his words were replayed.

To paraphrase you, that's what you Liberal Dumbocrats do.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't care who Dave in Maine voted for. I don't care who Dave Kopel voted for.

It doesn't matter what page anyone was on two months ago. We are besieged, and ought to be unified, possessing a sense of urgency.

It is an excellent read. Thanks, Dave.

Sam

Sidelock
Sidelock

I picked up on this from Dave's posting on the 16 ga. forum. Since I re-posted on my FB page, it was further shared by friends there -- and read by some of my friends who are Obama supporters.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

This thread reminds me of someone who gets drunk, smokes in bed, burns the house down, and then decides to buy a smoke alarm.

Very good Keith, this sentence pretty much sums it up....!....

Sam H:

"It is impossible to circle the wagons when some are driven by Libtards, because they will invariably turn left when the others turn right".......!......

Large donations to the NRA is the best way, where there are no Libtards or spineless people..........

Doug

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.