May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Bret Adams, dogon, Drew Hause, Chantry, ClapperZapper, CJ Dawe), 500 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,414
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

as widely as possible. This is testimony delivered in written form to the US Senate today.

http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/pdf/1-30-13KopelTestimony.pdf

While it is long, it is abundantly footnoted and academically sound. And, most importantly, it refutes every gun-control myth we're being sold.

Use it for facts to refute hysterical bullsh*t.

fiery, dependable, occasionally transcendent
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen

I tried to print it but my computer would not print the document.

Help

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Try this: save the document as a .pdf document, close the document, then open your Adobe reader, open the document in the Adobe reader and print it through the Adobe reader. If you don't have it, here's a site where you can get the Adobe reader for free: http://get.adobe.com/reader/

The site says you can use the free reader to print documents....

Last edited by Dave in Maine; 01/31/13 07:38 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

FB'd it...good circulation among freedom lovers there.

Relax; we're all experts here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,
Thanks for passing this on. An excellent, non-emotional dissertation on the topic.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My pleasure. Calmly presented cold hard facts are usually the best medicine.

In other news, today's New York Times and other media outlets are reporting NY governor Cuomo has lost 15 percentage points from his approval rating in the last month. Both the pollsters and Cuomo's people are attributing that decline to his stance on guns. But, Cuomo's people say he is sticking with his position and unafraid of the consequences, that it's time for hard choices and so on.

Politicians need to be reminded - politely! - that regardless of what is whispered in their ears by their courtiers or own egos, there is no law, divine or otherwise, that dictates that they in particular are to occupy elective office. They need to be reminded they can very easily be replaced and compelled to go out and get a real job and also that you are a gun owner, vote, and have lots of friends and a long memory.

Politely reminded.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great point Dave, I think elections do matter. There's a good thread at the top of the page that has tons of good cold hard facts. Admittedly, they don't always work like you pointed out, but they are there none the less.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went ahead and replied in this thread but I am unsure as to why the initiator didn't just append his opening post to Dave Webers thread above?

IMO: It would be a good idea to call David Kopel up as a live witness in the Congressional hearings. I will email my Senators and recommend just that.
Jim

Update:
I just sent the following email to both of the Arizona Senators. I encourage all of you to do the same in your own States.

Senator :

Now that the Feinstein hearings are being held in regards to gun control; I want to go on record in opposition to any bill reinstating the failed "assault weapons ban". This is an attack on the symptoms and not the problems. Please urge your collegues to support mental heath reform to get mentaly ill people off the streets. I also believe it's a good idea to provide armed security guards for all our schools. "Gun Free Zones" have made these schools attractive targets for mentally deranged individuals like the Newtown murderer. If armed security is good enough for President Obama's children it ought to be essential for the State of Arizona's residents children.

Sincerely Jim XXXXXXX
Scottsdale, AZ

Last edited by italiansxs; 01/31/13 07:08 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think one important point was left out. The 1911 was mentioned, the 1100 etc. Of course the 1911 is 101 years old.

Here's the point left out. We hear a lot about the high cap. mags. Well, the 1935 13 round High Power has been available to the public since 1935. Wonder why it took 50 years for the gun grabbers to complain?......liberal infiltration of the media and the public education system; Plus a gradual loss of repect of life.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Footnote #68 to the subject Senate testimony is titled:

"How the British Gun Control Program Precipitated the American Revolution".

It is a very documented history lesson about WHY we have the Second Amendment. The link below will take you to the abstract. Once there the entire document will easily download.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1967702

Last edited by Mark Ouellette; 01/31/13 07:12 PM.

USMC Retired
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.