May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ted Schefelbein, riflegunbuilder, FelixD, Researcher, 2 invisible), 310 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,031
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

NRA contact, please. Thanks.

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is the link:

http://www.nraila.org/

Sidelock
Sidelock

They should look to Britain's gun control laws. It doesn't work here so why would they think it would work in America. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

True about consensus on gun control; different folks, different strokes.We chose laws as you do there.

I haven't met a community activist who's paid to do what responsible citizens are supposed to do to make healthier and happier communities.

I'm paid when manuscripts, stories are accepted, as any professional. I'm paid as coordinator of the fastest-growing and unique sustainable forestry program in the world, a private not public enterprise.

NRA needs help, for sure, as has been mentioned here several times. That last boner wouldn't have got past me. My help in these matters of citizenship is always pro bono, as it would be with NRA which is already close to our anti-grabbers, mentioned here a couple weeks ago.

It's not Marines ignoring an enemy. It's Marines not accepting into its storied ranks a soldier who can't read with comprehension.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lagopus
They should look to Britain's gun control laws. It doesn't work here so why would they think it would work in America. Lagopus.....

Exactly you still have a higher per capita crime rate in the UK despite far fewer people havign guns...and your Health Care system doesn't work too well either...yet the lefties think its the best thing since sliced bread.

THe problem with the lefties...ergo the Democrats, is they doin't care what the facts are...they will pretend their propaganda is real anyway.

Just like PRAVDA did in the old Soviet Union...

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Need a little help here, tw. The website seems geared to what to do, not how one can contact someone to offer assistance. Perhaps a letter best approach?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Need a little help here, tw. The website seems geared to what to do, not how one can contact someone to offer assistance. Perhaps a letter best approach?
That would assume the people you would be writing letters to would actually read them..or care what you thought.

When you have Ideologs like Obama, Pelosi, Boxer and Reid...they don't care about anything anyone with an opposing opinion thinks...in fact they would like to shut down anyone that disagrees with them. THey have all but said as much..and shown that through their actions.

At least the NRA has our back (I do expect they read and care about what people write.)...I half expect OweBama to delare them a terrorist group by yet another executive order designed to circumvent the legal process and the constitution.

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 01/09/13 02:13 PM.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
We agree, and think 25 to life would be Appropriate.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown

NRA needs help, for sure, as has been mentioned here several times. That last boner wouldn't have got past me. My help in these matters of citizenship is always pro bono, as it would be with NRA which is already close to our anti-grabbers, mentioned here a couple weeks ago.

It's not Marines ignoring an enemy. It's Marines not accepting into its storied ranks a soldier who can't read with comprehension.

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/news/10...school-security

Frankly King,re your description of the NRA and gun owners rights in America,with "friends" like you who needs enemies !

You are so far off base with your description of the NRA's response and the public's view of it.
The NRA has better rating then Obama,and the public is voting overwhelmingly with their wallets cleaning the shelves of Guns,Magazines and Ammo

1/3 of the schools now have armed security-INCLUDLING many of the ones your fellow liberal/complicit press corp here send THEIR children too.Teachers across the country are flocking to firearms class's to get trained ( Teachers Folk to Fireamrs training ) .They WANT what the NRA is suggesting to be protected in schools!

Studies show ( John Lott Willian Landes )definitively that gun free zones are one of major cause and factor in these multiple shootings.

From a former HS official;
Former Rep. Asa Hutchinson, who also was a top Homeland Security official and will head the NRA effort, said the program will have two key elements.

One is a model security plan "based on the latest, most up-to-date technical information from the foremost experts in their fields." Each school could tweak the plan to its own circumstances, and "armed, trained, qualified school security personnel will be but one element."

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, the "we" I referenced, without naming names as per your request, is every single person, myself included, who responded to you by name. I just looked back through every post in this thread, and the "Shotgun News" thread, and one guy did agree with your statement that there has been no concerted effort to reverse the handgun registry, but he too disagreed with you on your suggested tactics. I think that's nearly unanimous.

It's amusing that if I am judgemental, you call it God-like. But the same standards do not apply to you. I've pointed out that little hypocrisy several times now. Your silence on that speaks volumes.

I've outlined my personal experience in fighting gun control several times in the past in other threads. I did admit here that I should and probably could do more. Especially if I didn't waste so much time here on obstinate members who repeatedly dance around direct questions. Please go back through these two threads and see if you can see yourself as we see you. I intentionally kept ignoring your queries about my pro-gun activities because of all the direct questions you danced around. But for your consideration, I joined the NRA in 1969 using my paper route money to pay my annual dues. Uninterupted annual member until 1978 when I became a Life Member. Upgraded to Endowment Life Member in 1990, and upgraded to Patron Life Member last year. In the intervening years, I wrote numerous letters to Editors and called into talk shows to counter misinformation on guns and gun crime and the Second Amendment. I did indeed march at my State Legislature to prevent enactment of restrictive gun laws. When my oldest daughter was only two, I held her on my shoulders at a Bill Clinton campaign speech as she held up my sign protesting his Gun Control policies. I did the same at an Al Gore rally, and two John Kerry speeches, but without anyone on my shoulders. I learned that when you protest at any Democrat Presidential rally, anyone who doesn't march in lockstep with the DNC is removed by their security to a zone outside of news camera view. How very Democratic! After paying my NRA Dues, and paying to upgrade twice, I no longer was billed for annual dues. So I continued to make frequent donations to NRA-ILA, and NRA-PVF, and the amount now would go into thousands of dollars. I have given Gift NRA memberships to young relatives, and mentored them in safe shooting, hunting, and taught them the importance of vigilance in this arena. You know I always preach the importance of a strong NRA and the impact that a larger membership has on Legislation. I am no different in person, at work, or anywhere I go. I got my current Doctor to join, and it pleases me to see dog-eared copies of American Rifleman in his waiting room. When I exhort guys to make at least a small donation of at least the cost of a box of shells a year, guaranteed, I have already put my money where my mouth is, and many times that amount. I have also donated to the Second Amendment Foundation, and PGCA. And I write, way more than I have written here, when it comes to contacting my legislators at the state and federal level. I follow up with calls and e-mails stating my position and promising to watch their votes on any and all gun issues. I remind them I will hold them accountable at election time, both with my vote, and by informing other gun owners of any anti-gun votes. I did grassroots campaign work for an A+ rated Senator from my state, but I regrettably haven't had the same kind of time to do that since. Still, I do what I can for pro-gun candidates on a smaller scale by passing out literature and verbally informing friends, relatives, and co-workers of candidates positions on the 2nd. Still, as I said, I'd like to do more, and there is room for improvement. I look at the resumes of some and feel insignificant. But you don't make me feel that way.

'Twas very judgemental and "God-like" of you to suggest that I haven't been in the trenches. More of your now famous "do as I say, not as I do" responses. I would not be surprised to find that I have devoted more time and a LOT more money to the cause than you, despite the fact that you are quite a bit older than me. Tough to prove when you've given us only very vague generalities of your efforts. 'Nuff said.

It's interesting that you picked out one sentence of mine..."you would have us give up those things which you personally don't favor", and make the assertion that I arrogantly, inexcuseably put those words in your mouth. That's a crock!. I put quotation marks around your words and connected several dots, since you were so vague and cryptic with your words, and I came to the same conclusions about your meaning as the "WE" I referenced earlier. There may not be unanimity in anything, but the guys here all seem to be seeing the same thing. Are you saying we all have reading comprehension problems? Or is it possible, as I said, that the professional wordsmith is doing a poor job of communicating? Or maybe we agree because we're right. That one sentence was NOT your words and I NEVER said they were. If anyone has a problem with reading comprehension, it's you. That sentence was, and remains, my opinion. You've given me nothing to change that opinion.

Insofar as your experience and battle scars from reversing the Gun Registry, I/we remember how you touted your success and contributions to winning that battle months ago when the news about it first broke. And I/we also remember several of your own countrymen having very different recollections of what you personally did or didn't do, and what it really took to win the long and costly battle. So much for Breast Beating. And Good Intentions?... the road to hell is paved with them. Better luck next time.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=King Brown]True about consensus on gun control; different folks, different strokes.We chose laws as you do there.

BS! They were forced on us despite our efforts.

Tho the media would love to pretend otherwise, perhaps especially the CBC.......

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.